ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Yup, you are right. That's why I made a Pathfinder build under Butterfly that has less ev and dodge but very high mitigation:

It takes flask effect to buff taste of hate and basalt flask, then uses Lightning coil.

The other ones are focused on more dodge which is better for those sub-classes.

But I enourage people to customize. Each sub-class has their own unique strengths which guided how I made each build.

The important difference is that the Pathfinder is a different build on the tree and has different gear requirements.

I prefer high spell dodge over regular dodge - with the high ev, block, ranged gameplay and phase run - attacks will not be a problem. So I prefer steps to vectors.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 1, 2016, 3:41:19 AM
"
Nyxy wrote:
Very interested in doing this build in the upcoming hardcore challenge league. How viable is it in terms of survivability? I'm leaning towards deadeye ascendancy to get the AOE damage potential.

The AOE is already extremely good. Single target using projectiles is also very good. The entire build is focused on ranged play with LS.

You really only should go Deadeye if you want higher projectile damage to help clear faster.

Personally for hardcore leagues I would build one of the damage avoidance builds like Pathfinder (requires LC and Taste of Hate and Basalt flask for high mitigation so may be a bit expensive) or Saboteur (for the blind which is a massive boost to your evasion) - you can then choose to go more damage avoidance (Hyrri's) or more phys mitigation (LC) on Saboteur depending on your playstyle.

PS: being able to play ranged with LS with blind is HUGE. LS is the only true ranged skill you can play that can use Multistrike at ranged - that means you can apply Blind MUCH MUCH easier than other ranged builds. This is a great defensive profile because:

i) you are ranged so hardly anything will reach you
ii) you have blind - creating very high EV%
iii) you have high damage avoidance - dodge + block for both attacks and spells
iv) if you elect to use LC + Taste of Hate + Basalt flasks and buff with Pathfinder flask nodes -> you will have very high phys mitigation
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 1, 2016, 3:22:25 PM
Hello there, Lightning strike was like my first spell ever...long ago on a templar hero in the first league and I enjoyed it. I really wanna try it in the ascendancy...I got a question, where can I see the new tree/gear you use or will be using? Thanks for your time.
IGN->KungFuCleave
"
KungFuCleave wrote:
Hello there, Lightning strike was like my first spell ever...long ago on a templar hero in the first league and I enjoyed it. I really wanna try it in the ascendancy...I got a question, where can I see the new tree/gear you use or will be using? Thanks for your time.

Hi, thanks for checking out the guide. Yup I'll be posting the trees and gears in the next day or so. I deleted everything since I was revamping the guide lol.

For the post haste and butterfly builds, gear is basically:

Core:
- Phys crit dagger
- Rat's nest
- Rumi's flask

Luxury:
- VoV, Taste of Hate

Shield:
- Core shield is Rathpith's globe for spell block and life
- If you are good at playing ranged LS (i.e. manually avoiding spells) you can drop Rathpith's globe and use a life EV shield and then keep a Saffell's frame shield on swap for very heavy spell bosses

If you build Pathfinder on one of the builds you will need a special flask belt:
- Rare belt with reduced flask charges and inc. flask duration, or
- Magnate, or
- Retch, or
- Feastbind/Faminebind
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 1, 2016, 11:47:04 PM
If I go for the more avoidance Pathfinder nodes that you suggest, would that impact my damage potential much?
So, i think that all ways (except the one focused on VLS) are going to be based on a dagger as main weapon.

Im not seeing on the first post a passive tree for example. I dont use LS since 3-4 leagues, so...
Was thinking about this build. Well pathfinder is awesome ascendancy with the right flask that would erase any reflect probelm; though i know i wont be able to afford at least in the starting league period the VoV, the real core of LS and Pathfinder combo.
So, until i manage to get one, a reflect problem exist. Im not thinking about a rare monster with "ele ref"; im thinking about the maps with ele ref. And a way to resolve it, is to switch LS with Reave (another green skill). I know its not proj skill (so there's a damage loss), and it's more melee so you have to be very cautios especially while moving, but still can be an option to run those maps.

What makes me reluctantly to go for this build, though, is the fact that there will be so many Reave/LS crit dagger player on league that good daggers will be extremely costful :P
"
Nyxy wrote:
If I go for the more avoidance Pathfinder nodes that you suggest, would that impact my damage potential much?

Versus the other damage avoidance builds? Not much difference, it will be a bit lower since you sacrifice a few nodes to get some flask nodes on the tree. However with higher flask effect - when you turn on flasks (DPS from Taste of Hate) you may get similar or maybe even higher DPS than the other butterfly builds.

The highest damage builds will be the post haste builds because they will not take the Acro and Phase Acro nodes and instead will put the points into Frenzy charges which gives a massive damage and speed increase - at the expense of defense.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 2, 2016, 8:16:00 AM
"
Serge91 wrote:
So, i think that all ways (except the one focused on VLS) are going to be based on a dagger as main weapon.

Im not seeing on the first post a passive tree for example. I dont use LS since 3-4 leagues, so...
Was thinking about this build. Well pathfinder is awesome ascendancy with the right flask that would erase any reflect probelm; though i know i wont be able to afford at least in the starting league period the VoV, the real core of LS and Pathfinder combo.
So, until i manage to get one, a reflect problem exist. Im not thinking about a rare monster with "ele ref"; im thinking about the maps with ele ref. And a way to resolve it, is to switch LS with Reave (another green skill). I know its not proj skill (so there's a damage loss), and it's more melee so you have to be very cautios especially while moving, but still can be an option to run those maps.

What makes me reluctantly to go for this build, though, is the fact that there will be so many Reave/LS crit dagger player on league that good daggers will be extremely costful :P

Aye, all the builds except genjuro are dagger. Ele reflect will be a problem, especially if you are using P2L with LS. Even with instant leech you will have problems.

For the damage avoidance builds the reflect will be less of an issue, since you can avoid your own reflect.

Unfortunately for ele reflect it is best to either just switch skills or just skip the map.

On the other hand, the good thing is that with P2L + LS you are 100% immune to phys reflect! xD.

I always encourage people to customize this build to what they like - if you are hesitant about using daggers -> using claw or 1H sword or axe can also work. Less DPS but you can still make a good build. It is very easy to make - you just take out the dagger nodes and put them into claw or 1H sword nodes.

I will post the new passive trees soon!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 2, 2016, 8:14:44 AM
hi, there i will try the genjuro build focused on vls on the new hc league
im curious about what u guys think about my idea.

im planning to go with templer inquisitor since it will be easy to get very high crit chance
on vls with jewels and the new icc gem. So with nearly every VLS critting and 100% elemental
conversion we will ignore all elemental resistance and with our damage 100%elemental this should be insane. On top of that we get 100% increased crit chance against enemys without elemntal status ailments and since VLS crits ones and every other strike crits aswell this will boost our crit chance even further.If the enemeys are then shocked we get and aditional 45% crit multi.

I honestly think this should be more damage then the shadow assasin.
What do you guys think about it?

Last edited by testoe3d on Mar 2, 2016, 7:04:03 PM
i dont see a skill tree/gear etc. did i miss something? x0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info