ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

I've been testing a setup without Multistrike or Faster Attacks. Uses lots of Frenzy charges + Blood Rage for the attack speed.

Links: LS + PPAD + WED + P2L + ICC + Light Pen

I needed to change the tree to get Frenzy charges. Right now I have 7 from removing some projectile nodes. Frenzy Charges generated from BR. For longer Frenzy Charge duration (~24secs) you can use Restless Ward. Although right now my Frenzy charges last ~14s which I find enough. If you want more Frenzy charges you can use Darkrays (+1) with a Frenzy corruption (another +1) to get to 9 Frenzy charges.

It gives a lot of damage from: a) 100% phys->light conversion + lightning res penetration, b) shock, c) frenzy charges, d) PW curse.

You can use Vessel of Vinktar flask to help replace support gems:
1) "replace" P2L by using the 20% phys to light conversion Vinktar, or
2) "replace" Light Pen by using 10% light pen Vinktar

Then you can add in a different gem like ICD/PCOC/AF
that new vessel of vinktar flask is OP as fuck
Wanna build LS dual wield axe with soul taker and take RT and Iron grip keystone. Dont want to build crit dagger cuz i hate reflect will 1 shot me and also no mana issue with soul taker --> do you think it is a good idea? gem set up will be LS-added fire-Wed-Faster projectile-PPAD-FA. Aura:Hatred-HoA-HoT
Last edited by HudaZki on Jan 20, 2016, 1:28:07 PM
your dps will be very low in comparison, be the biggest difference
"
HudaZki wrote:
Wanna build LS dual wield axe with soul taker and take RT and Iron grip keystone. Dont want to build crit dagger cuz i hate reflect will 1 shot me and also no mana issue with soul taker --> do you think it is a good idea? gem set up will be LS-added fire-Wed-Faster projectile-PPAD-FA. Aura:Hatred-HoA-HoT

Yes, it will work but as Mustard said you will have much lower dps because you have no crit, on top of that you will have a hard time inflicting shock which is another big damage boost.
"
xMustard wrote:
that new vessel of vinktar flask is OP as fuck

I've been using the light pen vinktar flask for a bit now, and yeah it is a really nice flask. Like with Vaal Pact / Acuity you can even rely on this flask for defense with the instant life leech.

I dropped Light Pen and put in ICD so now my links are:

LS + PPAD + WED + ICC + ICD + P2L

When I get time I'll try and do the math to figure out ICD vs Light. Pen.

The problem is I had to replace 2 flasks to use another Vinktar + a Quicksilver flask with Grounding to remove the shock. So I lost a Rumi's and Atziri flask.

Vinktar would be much better on a low-life LS build where you have more flask slots since you don't need a life flask.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 26, 2016, 1:43:08 PM
Some changes since I last posted.

Currently got a 6L and new the new pierce amulet
Also failed to get a lvl 21 Lightning Strike with my vaal.

Now I have 100% pierce (30% node + 40% from quality + 30% amulet) and it's ridiculous. Started using Whirling Blades + CoC + Tempest Shield + Fortify. Works really well and that block always helps. I've dropped extra Frenzy charges for Jewels. (I'm pretty sure 1 well rolled jewel can replace a frenzy and don't have to worry about keeping them up, but correct me if I'm wrong) Still use Blood Rage for packs though. I'm honestly not sure if dropping Multistrike is the way to go. Taking it off I lose about 13k DPS whereas ICC only increases by 8k (atleast for me) and that's just tooltip. I'm not sure if even Light Pen can offset it by that much.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Jan 23, 2016, 4:41:24 PM
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
Some changes since I last posted.

Currently got a 6L and new the new pierce amulet
Also failed to get a lvl 21 Lightning Strike with my vaal.

Now I have 100% pierce (30% node + 40% from quality + 30% amulet) and it's ridiculous. Started using Whirling Blades + CoC + Tempest Shield + Fortify. Works really well and that block always helps. I've dropped extra Frenzy charges for Jewels. (I'm pretty sure 1 well rolled jewel can replace a frenzy and don't have to worry about keeping them up, but correct me if I'm wrong) Still use Blood Rage for packs though. I'm honestly not sure if dropping Multistrike is the way to go. Taking it off I lose about 13k DPS whereas ICC only increases by 8k (atleast for me) and that's just tooltip. I'm not sure if even Light Pen can offset it by that much.

Aye, 100% pierce is super nice. That's a very nice talisman. I like the changes you've made, yeah dropping MS is really up to you - if you prefer to keep it on then that's totally fine.

I think for those people who have very high DPS already - you will notice you are already killing entire packs in 1 hit. So the extra projectiles from MS are kinda being wasted. Yes your overall DPS is probably lower, but without MS your per hit damage is higher so it is great for inflicting status ailments as there is a threshold for how much damage you need, per hit, to shock and freeze.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 24, 2016, 12:42:06 AM
UPDATES to the BUILD:

This build relies heavily on flasks for high block (Rumi's) and high damage and leech (VofV and Taste of Hate) and I've been testing the new flask belts today.

Given LS is no longer a STR gem, we now have flexibility on the belt since we no longer need high STR on the belt.

I've been testing the following flask belts, they are all very nice and you will have an easy time maintaining flasks permanently:

Feastbind: medium life and increased flask charges gained while using other flasks. This is a very good mod, and with this belt you will notice your flasks will hardly ever drop below half full since you gain charges so quickly.
Note that if you use a lot of instant life flasks (i.e. seething) then you would prefer this belt, instead of the flask duration belts.

Faminebind: this is a good belt for this build as well - cold res, projectile damage, high flask duration. However, unless you want to go nuts on projectile damage, the Retch is better value as it gives the same important mods, but also very good life.

The Retch: this is basically like Faminebind but with high life and no projectile damage. The main advantage of this belt for this build, like Faminebind, is the 60% increased flask effect duration. High cold res is also great. Some movement speed as well when you use a flask. The leech mechanic is not that big as it will only take how much damage you leech to full life. So if you leech 3k damage from 1k to 4k - it will apply 6k damage to the enemy.
Ideally you want to have full 100% lightning conversion using P2L and then use VofV to get high leech.
You can easily get over 9s Quicksilver duration, ~8s Rumi's, and ~7s VofV duration.

RECOMMENDATION: your flasks will be always up regardless of which of the above 3 belts you use. But when it comes to boss fights that do not generate a lot of flask charges (i.e. Atziri room), the flask duration belts will give you an edge to help your flasks last a little longer. You can also get more flask charge gain nodes on the tree (Druidic Right, Primal Spirit).

Magnate: strangely this just dropped for me today:

The key selling point of this belt is that it gives a TON of STR and high flask charge gain. This belt should be used for those who need high STR to wear Lioneye's Vision. With this belt you will be able to reach over 160 STR needed to wear the chest.

This chest enables you to have a 7-link Lightning Strike for easy 100% pierce, and even an 8-link Lightning Strike with Skyforth boots (discussed more below).

HOWEVER, it is now easier to get 100% pierce for LS through other means such as an amulet (see BloodSail's post). So Magnate and Lioneye's are not really necessary.

These are my current flasks:

HIGH DEFENSE: for those who prefer to play with max block + max spell block. These flask belts are amazing to keep the Rumi's flask constantly up. You can then use Stone of Lazhwar (+1 curse or +1 frenzy charge) and Rathpith as well to get your max spell block.

However, with this much range and high movement speed always up, for most cases you won't need max block at all if you are used to kiting. What you could do is then swap your gear for more damage:

Stone of Lazhwar -> swap for crit amulet
Rathpith Globe -> swap for EV shield with life and res. This frees up your boots so you can use something like Skyforth / Darkrays.
Or you can just keep Rathpith on to get some spell block, and then keep boots as rares with life+res

If you go the Skyforth / Darkrays approach:

Skyforth: excellent boots even for the life version. You should be able to get about 1k mana, so your stun threshold would be 5k. You can also reserve an extra herald as well, and add Herald of Thunder to HoA + Hatred.

Darkrays: good boots if you are using high # of Frenzy charges from BR and want to get some dodge on top of your blocks.

I must say that if you use Darkrays / Skyforth, you may also want to try Restless Ward: when this chest first came out I thought it was trash, but it does a really good job of keeping up my frenzy and power charges throughout the map and I no longer have to worry at all about losing charges. Before, on some maps that I had to backtrack, or with low mob density, or for example when going to Dominus on Palace map I would lose all charges. Then it is a pain to get your charges back up since BR is 25% chance on kill, and PCOC is 25% chance on crit.

This is my current setup (special thanks to mGravitus for helping me with Skyforth):
Spoiler

EDIT - going to try and drop Acuity and run with VoV for instant leech. Will probably use rare gloves and switch shield to a unique, or keep shield as rare and use some other unique glove
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 26, 2016, 1:56:55 PM
How do you deal with Atziri mirror phase cus when I shift-cast it spins around damaging all of them?

also, which one do you suggest to use PPAD or FP?

btw LOVING THE BUILD :-)
Last edited by Wacam on Jan 26, 2016, 11:21:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info