ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Blood_Sail wrote:

Currently at 30/17 block right now. Sai is another 6%, which is the same amount of the nerfed Bringer of Rain. Just thought it might be worth it, but it'd have to be an insane dagger with more than 250 pdps probably to break even.

What do you think would be good alternative unique body armours? I like my 5L chest but I feel like trying to 6L it is just a black hole of fusings.

Lightning Coil vs Daresso vs Belly of the Beast? I was thinking either Daresso or Lightning Coil since everyone seems to think Lightning Coil is the best end game armour. Daresso just seems to give lots of stats we need across the board (minus resists) so still undecided.

I think if you are not having any issues with survivability then the extra block on a new dagger is not needed.

For unique chest - LC is really good if you are having trouble with phys damage, but it is in high demand so will be very expensive, and you will need to check that your resistances will still be capped.

Lioneye's Vision is probably the best chest for projectile version (DPS-wise) with the extra Pierce support so you can save points on tree. However it requires high strength to use this chest.

Daresso's and Belly are also good chests for more survivability.

Sorry if I am not giving a clear answer - but you really can't go wrong with any of these chests with the projectile version as they all have unique strengths.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 6, 2016, 1:32:55 AM
First of all thanks for making this guide, lightning strike is really fun at the moment.

Sorry if you have already posted this before, but what are your thoughts on the lightning penetration gem if you go physical to lightning gem? I'm currently using LS with MS, WED, PPAD, P2L, and Lightning pen. Do you think it is worth swapping out of faster attacks?
"
First of all thanks for making this guide, lightning strike is really fun at the moment.

Sorry if you have already posted this before, but what are your thoughts on the lightning penetration gem if you go physical to lightning gem? I'm currently using LS with MS, WED, PPAD, P2L, and Lightning pen. Do you think it is worth swapping out of faster attacks?

Light pen is really awesome gem! With P2L that will give some really insane damage. How do you feel about your crit and your APS? If you feel your crit & APS is fine, then really no need to use crit gem or FA. Are you using Frenzy charges to help your APS?

Thanks, I'll add Light Pen to the suggested gems.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"

Light pen is really awesome gem! With P2L that will give some really insane damage. How do you feel about your crit and your APS? If you feel your crit & APS is fine, then really no need to use crit gem or FA. Are you using Frenzy charges to help your APS?

Thanks, I'll add Light Pen to the suggested gems.

Thanks for the reply!

My build's a little different than yours; I'm currently dual wielding bino's at the moment (Good rare daggers are too expensive jeez). The reason I went dual wield was because I wanted a bit more crit chance. My crit chance at the moment is 79%/453 multi (when I'm more leveled I should have more crit chance due to the jewel and crit nodes). My attack speed isn't that bad with 5.29 attacks a second. I'm currently using Phase and Acrobatics since I'm not using a shield. I'm not using frenzy charges since I don't have much life regen to sustain blood rage.

I'm not there yet, but my desired tree is:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359dUju_ro94rvjeK7EorGzo4obre4OI_aUuPzFTZKNfXsUDY0wfFuvh3ZRR04qZ6DjnzfUjb_nVEz_I9NKfe0_BbXUIyT9QzGPYMLsMHH_3trBjX60xSpb3ah07S5TzZhirNvngl5LeAUt02_qYmyMbAhHBlLsOkJ673XLnarxitDQ2Ha-p4_6uT5W9WVN8NWsZttuvTZJUZUuLOGX0Ed-Bx59446KEZYOSJAbXfJwVioLmhNwUtvUidOMNlVLYeImlRa_df2Eb-LV7UG3F4Dh4l44lg==

Is the sniper node worth getting? I was wondering how much projectile speed affects lightning strike.
Last edited by Pandemic_91 on Jan 7, 2016, 9:49:20 PM
That's a good setup. Sniper is mostly for the projectile damage. Projectile speed helps in that it makes LS feel more smooth and just better to play. In your case I would aim to get Twin Terrors instead.
What Bandits for the Projectile version?
"
M_E_L_K_O_R wrote:
What Bandits for the Projectile version?

Bandits are really up to you, as some people prefer to get different things:

Normal: Recommended -> Kill All. If you are trying to get as much life as you can: Help Oak for life
Cruel: Recommended -> Help Oak for the phys damage
Merci: Recommended -> Kill All. If you use a lot of frenzy charges then Help Kraityn. If you use power charges then Help Alira
MULTISTRIKE

Hope you guys are enjoying the build. I've been playing a bit testing with and without Multistrike - I think if you have a high APS dagger - then you can take out MS and put another damage gem in. The loss of APS is not really that big a deal if you have some frenzy charges + BR. If you are in a party wiht someone running Haste then that's even better. The AOE clear is much stronger now with so many projectiles so you usually can clear packs in 1 or 2 attacks and don't need help from MS compared to before when LS only had 3 projectiles.

If you use Blind and/or are Melee, it would be better to stick with Multistrike.

The one thing I miss from MS is the auto-targeting. If you are playing fully ranged it should not be a problem, but be careful if you get surrounded as you will have to target directions manually.

My links I use now are: LS + FA + PPAD + WED + P2L + ICC. This is 100% phys -> lightning conversion so you need the Duelist mana leech nodes.

If you are using Acuity I have found you can reserve Hatred + HoA (without using Enlighten), then use P2L, and still sustain full attack easily on just one 0.4% attack mana leech node.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 10, 2016, 9:43:09 AM
incredible how well this build has held up over the ages
Just want to confirm that Melee physical damage nodes are useless for this build? If you are playing ranged.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info