ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
deadmeat9 wrote:
Lightning Strike Cures on Hit setup? Can basically be just like split arrow now.

Yes you could do 4L LS with COH + 2 curses or 1 curse + PCOC. Or if you don't need PCOC: ST+GMP+COH+Curse
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
So which uniques are recommended with 2.1 now? Is BoR out of style for this build yet?

I guess I am wondering if the gear suggestions in the initial post are still relevant to the char.

Some questions: How is Lioneye's Vision? Worth it for the pierce or overkill?

How has Bino's been affected since the changes to poison? Better to go with another dagger?

I need to update the guide a bit, anything below the 1.3 section is outdated.

Recommended uniques depend on whether you are playing the melee-focused version or the projectile-focused version.

I have changed the build to focus on LS projectiles, it is no longer melee meaning BofR is not much use. Projectile version is much better for staying safe, and you can get very high damage. If you use PW curse, EACH projectile could end up doing more damage than the melee hit.

Recommended uniques really are just:
- Rumi's flask (for high blocks)
- Rathpith globe (for spell block)

The point is to be able to play range with high blocks.

Lioneye's Vision is also very good and perfect for this build, but it has HIGH STR requirement- so please be careful before you buy to check you have enough STR to wear the chest.

Other items you can use include:
- Brinerot Whalers
- Taste of Hate
- Maligaro's / Acuity

I encourage people playing this build to try new things to mix the build up!

EDIT:
If you really want to play melee - then yes BofR is the best option to use, but you will still have a much harder time killing bosses in melee vs. just killing from range. I'll make a new melee version for Raider-class next year which will have strong survivability.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 14, 2015, 1:16:03 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
So which uniques are recommended with 2.1 now? Is BoR out of style for this build yet?

I guess I am wondering if the gear suggestions in the initial post are still relevant to the char.

Some questions: How is Lioneye's Vision? Worth it for the pierce or overkill?

How has Bino's been affected since the changes to poison? Better to go with another dagger?

I need to update the guide a bit, anything below the 1.3 section is outdated.

Recommended uniques depend on whether you are playing the melee-focused version or the projectile-focused version.

I have changed the build to focus on LS projectiles, it is no longer melee meaning BofR is not much use. Projectile version is much better for staying safe, and you can get very high damage. If you use PW curse, EACH projectile could end up doing more damage than the melee hit.

Recommended uniques really are just:
- Rumi's flask (for high blocks)
- Rathpith globe (for spell block)

The point is to be able to play range with high blocks.

Lioneye's Vision is also very good and perfect for this build, but it has HIGH STR requirement- so please be careful before you buy to check you have enough STR to wear the chest.

Other items you can use include:
- Brinerot Whalers
- Taste of Hate
- Maligaro's / Acuity

I encourage people playing this build to try new things to mix the build up!

EDIT:
If you really want to play melee - then yes BofR is the best option to use, but you will still have a much harder time killing bosses in melee vs. just killing from range. I'll make a new melee version for Raider-class next year which will have strong survivability.

Thanks for the info about the trees @ 80

Regarding Weapons/Daggers what should we be looking for? Just a nice rare physical dagger?

Loving the build so far (even if i've been super greedy and picked up way to many proj dmg nodes, I also did this so that I could keep my tree non weapon specific for easier time finding a solid weapon)

Last edited by Widow on Dec 14, 2015, 3:04:56 PM
"
Widow wrote:

Thanks for the info about the trees @ 80

Regarding Weapons/Daggers what should we be looking for? Just a nice rare physical dagger?

Loving the build so far (even if i've been super greedy and picked up way to many proj dmg nodes, I also did this so that I could keep my tree non weapon specific for easier time finding a solid weapon)

As you say - earlier it depends on what level you are and what you can find. Since you won't be taking dagger nodes until later you can use sword/axe/claw -> whatever you find that has the highest damage for you.

Later on a good rare dagger with priority mods in order below is ideal.
1. Phys damage (most important)
2. Crit chance (2nd important)
3. APS (less important since we use multistrike)

If you manage to get a dagger with ~250pdps you should be all set for end-game. Even Bino's is totally fine for end-game.

Do you think PPAD is better than multi for the range version? I don't know if multi works hitting the air. Very cool guide, I rolled my first non caster for it (though I guess it pretty much IS a caster haha)
"
JoeODanger wrote:
Do you think PPAD is better than multi for the range version? I don't know if multi works hitting the air. Very cool guide, I rolled my first non caster for it (though I guess it pretty much IS a caster haha)

You mean multistrike or crit multiplier? Range version does use both multistrike and ppad. I was only saying for the 2h sword crit version if you want to abuse status ailments then you can drop multi and rely on frenzy charges and fa for aps. This way the damage of each hit will be extremely high but you will still have good aps.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 15, 2015, 10:44:45 PM
How good do you think this build is in 2.1? (a very open ended question, just curious about what your thoughts are in regards to where this build stands)

Thanks again for the guide/advice!!! :)

Last edited by Widow on Dec 16, 2015, 8:41:15 AM
"
Widow wrote:
How good do you think this build is in 2.1? (a very open ended question, just curious about what your thoughts are in regards to where this build stands)

Thanks again for the guide/advice!!! :)

Well it got a really big buff to one of LS' weaknesses which was AOE clearing. The AOE damage potential is now huge - you can obliterate entire packs with a single cast of LS, rather than having to attack 2 or 3 times like before when the 3 projectiles would miss some mobs in the pack.

Each projectile is now doing more damage as well.

Survivability-wise - nothing has really changed with this build. Keep in mind survivability depends on:
a) how you play LS (movement and kiting)
b) how much DPS you want to sacrifice (i.e. changing crit amulet for lazwhar stone for spell block, or adding Blind support gem to LS link, or adding more life nodes instead of damage nodes).

I will be able to post some vids early next year.

If you want to do regular maps this build is very good. If you want to farm Uber for example - it would be better to go bow or CoC builds.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 16, 2015, 10:43:20 AM
I've been loving this build ever since I got it up and running. Melting packs with this skill is satisfying and efficient.

However, I find myself having problems with almost all bosses. I just can't offset the incoming damage with leech. Even with all of the block, flasks, dodge, and whirling blading all over the place to dodge and fortify, it's still not enough (especially if there are any movement speed reductions or cold damage). Maybe Vaal Pact will help, but not sure if it's worth it. I find myself constantly porting out once the flasks are gone. Maybe I'm not doing enough damage or is this how the playstyle should be? I'm 85 and can still die to act 4 Malachai and sub-bosses easily. I can't see myself beating the map variants of those (if I ever get into maps that high). Also it seems life on hit doesn't work anymore with LS. Any tips?
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Dec 21, 2015, 5:48:37 PM
Hey man, glad you are liking the build. You can't use leech to try and tank the bosses. That's why I removed Vaal Pact because even instant leech will not help you.

How much block are you getting? Are you having more trouble with boss attacks or spells. The spells should be easy to avoid manually. For attacks you may have to throw in things like Blind and Enfeeble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info