ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Want to try this build, but I'm not sure how to level up my ranger.
What's the best/fastest method for levling up to this build?
since poedb is down could u repost a link for the melle version?, looking for high dps for atziri runs
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗
changed my opinion about Lightning Strike..

I just realized that Lightning Strike (when used as a melee skill )
seems to pale in comparison to Static Strike, especially with Inc. AOE gem.

Currently using Static Strike on my 6L Lightning Coil, Life leech (gem),
Fortified Whirling Blades, EVA/Acro/Phase Acro Scion and enjoying it.

Next time I use Lightning Strike it will probably in ranged mode as suggested by
this guide
Last edited by 14qr23we on Sep 4, 2015, 2:27:58 AM
Been MIA, I'll redo the trees
NEW PROJECTILE VERSION

- I removed Frenzy nodes and Vaal Pact. You cannot sustain frenzy charges using BR that well for boss fights so kinda useless. Vaal Pact also kinda useless 1v1 vs boss so just rely on flasks

- If you have mana issues please spec into Spirit Void cluster, and more mana nodes, and get more mana on gear. You can also use EV Atziri Splendour, or Thief's Torment ring

- This tree has a lot of projectile damage - please respec into more life/defense as you see fit

- If you use Lioneye's Vision you may need more strength nodes which should be easy on the Duelist side

- If you don't use high int gear like Rathpith and Enfeeble gem then you will not need that much int.

PS:
- Ranger has really good start and most flexible character for this build. But you can build as Scion/Witch/Duelist/Shadow
- Scion: if you really want to play with a LOT of life, OR a lot of CRIT & JEWELS.
- Shadow: if you really want to get as much damage as possible and don't care about life
- Duelist: if you SOMEHOW want to go IR on this build and need strength for Lioneye's Vision, and need endurance charge and good life
- Witch: is not that great, but can be done. Would work decently if you really want A LOT of block and spell block, and like using high-end flasks like Taste of Hate.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 6, 2015, 3:51:40 PM
"
Cybercrim wrote:
Want to try this build, but I'm not sure how to level up my ranger.
What's the best/fastest method for levling up to this build?

Mmm, fastest to level I think would be to use Facebreakers and a melee skill like cyclone/IB/ice crash.

If you are on standard and have access to good leveling daggers then LS/Static Strike/Reave/Molten Strike are all good to use: Last Resort -> Bloodplay -> Ungil's Gauche -> Mightflay.

If you are feeling too squishy as melee you should use ST / ranged LS to level.
BTW anyone try Southbound yet? I think it could be possible to kill bosses with DOT from Adder's Touch even if you can't freeze them.
So for my character 1.3 I started out with a crit reave build.
Somehow I ended up having more survival with about the same dps with BoR lightning strike from your build than the 6L chest and abys helm for reave. Now with the new southpaw build in 2.0 im wondering if I should try reave again dual wield or continue a BoR lightning strike. What do you think would be more worth in terms of dps vs. survival?
Last edited by clandestinehp on Sep 6, 2015, 5:52:04 PM
"
clandestinehp wrote:
So for my character 1.3 I started out with a crit reave build.
Somehow I ended up having more survival with about the same dps with BoR lightning strike from your build than the 6L chest and abys helm for reave. Now with the new southpaw build in 2.0 im wondering if I should try reave again dual wield or continue a BoR lightning strike. What do you think would be more worth in terms of dps vs. survival?

Well the DPS you are seeing for LS on tooltip is only for the melee hit and does not include the projectiles.

Now I am too lazy to do the math - but at some point taking the projectile nodes on top of the dagger nodes may end up giving you similar DPS on EACH projectile to the melee hit. This is because the melee tree will only take a 1 or 2 specific melee nodes, while the projectile version can take all the same nodes as the melee tree PLUS the projectile nodes.

Another advantage of using lightning strike is the SHOCK for 1.5x more damage, as well as ability to use projectile weakness curse for another 1.3x more damage.

You can't do this with Reave. But I believe using Death's Hand + Reave (+ Abyssus) will still give better DPS. This is the only upside of playing southpaw.

Downside to playing southpaw is that you lose the advantage of a shield (life/ev/res/block) and are more squishier if you use Abyssus. You also can't play true range (i.e. 1v1 against bosses) with Reave since you will have hard time keeping stacks up.

Some people have also said southpaw will be nerfed since that is not really the point of dual-wielding.

But on the other hand - this LS build has been nerfed every patch, so you never know.
can anyone post the gem links? its very confusing with all the changes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info