ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

2.0 Passive tree links doesn't work
IGN: CookieYar, DDgosta

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273171
Last edited by 1CookieJar on Aug 8, 2015, 1:46:56 PM
This is where I am right now in terms of gear.

Gear

My current tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4EsQV9BbUILg2NFr8ZjhvIIuoj9iSdJP0mlSoLKjgqWyzhLVUwfDY9OJY6sz7PRwZKfUxgTZJRR1LsVP5VS1WFVuhbr2HiYlpirGegbIxtbHBSfXV944Dhgl6Hdow2jX2Nv5Vmm42dqp-Co4qly6Z_pzSsZq_rsbO1SLcXuT695sCcwUnC7MM6yNzN6tN-2HbdDeCV4l7jhOOf51TndOjW6f7rFO1B7YPuDu968-r2_Plj_MX-Hf66_94=

At 75 I feel very squishy. I don't have Taste of Hate yet, which would help some. I just feel like anything past 72 would crush me. Any suggestions? I wish I could take the 4 points out of Spirit Void but I feel they're very necessary to maintain my mana. I'm hovering around 42k DPS with Frenzy charges up. Vaal Pact doesn't feel like it does anything yet. Is my leech too low? Any obvious things I'm missing here?
"
lloend wrote:
This is where I am right now in terms of gear.

Gear

My current tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4EsQV9BbUILg2NFr8ZjhvIIuoj9iSdJP0mlSoLKjgqWyzhLVUwfDY9OJY6sz7PRwZKfUxgTZJRR1LsVP5VS1WFVuhbr2HiYlpirGegbIxtbHBSfXV944Dhgl6Hdow2jX2Nv5Vmm42dqp-Co4qly6Z_pzSsZq_rsbO1SLcXuT695sCcwUnC7MM6yNzN6tN-2HbdDeCV4l7jhOOf51TndOjW6f7rFO1B7YPuDu968-r2_Plj_MX-Hf66_94=

At 75 I feel very squishy. I don't have Taste of Hate yet, which would help some. I just feel like anything past 72 would crush me. Any suggestions? I wish I could take the 4 points out of Spirit Void but I feel they're very necessary to maintain my mana. I'm hovering around 42k DPS with Frenzy charges up. Vaal Pact doesn't feel like it does anything yet. Is my leech too low? Any obvious things I'm missing here?

Hi, you should be using EV chest with life and resistance like I link in my gear. Please ignore the tabula I used - I used it in my vid to quickly test some links.

Try using CWDT with IC. And cast Enduring Cry separately. Unspec from Vaal Pact if it is not helping - yes you need high leech and/or high damage to get the full effects. Also drop BR if it is giving you too much degen.

If you are getting killed by attacks - recommend you link Blind to your LS attack, and just STAY AWAY from as many mobs as you can - just DPS from range. If you are getting killed by spells - you will need to get spell block (Stone of Lazhwar adn Rathpith Globe - which unfortunately has now been made extremely rare to drop).

Anyone can try using Phase Run before activating Vaal Double Strike -> should give the double strike clone good DPS boost, and this skill already does insane damage.

If you want more DOT effect so you can do hit and run style -> recommend Vaal Lightning Strike instead but it requires a melee attack to hit on target to be applied.
Hi,

Im now lvl 88 and love this build. Killing monsters easily. Now running with 180 iir (without the iir gem) and have done now maps till 78 without to many problems. Did 6L my ev chest today with 11 fusings so got really lucky with that. Only need the rathpith globe before i start to try atziri runs.

Gear with iir.

Normal Gear.

Thanks for the build!

hey, how do you calculate your projectile damage if it's not showing on the tooltips?
i'm actually playing this build now, projectile version.

your reply is much appreciated. thanks=)
The calculation is somewhat ... complicated, because you basically have to redo the whole DPS calculation by yourself which is a massive pain to get right. Each projectile is doing 112% of base damage and you have to factor in projectile damage increases from support gems as well as from nodes, then calculate auras, accuracy and crit chance and mult to get final DPS.

I think you can cheat a bit and take out PPAD and put in MPD and see what the melee damage is, then take 112/160 (70%) of that, which would be the damage of EACH projectile with PPAD, I believe.

Then multiply by 3 to get the total DPS of all 3 projectiles.

Since PPAD adn MPD both give the same % "more" damage increase (to projectile and to melee respectively), as long as you use equal PPAD and MPD gems then I think this proxy calculation should work.

If you have some projectile nodes then your DPS will be even higher. There are more projectile nodes than pure melee nodes for Ranger, so the projectile damage will be scaled higher than the melee hit, but it will still have the 112% base (vs. melee hit which is 160% of base at level 20)
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 10, 2015, 12:00:08 PM
"
Gjh199 wrote:
Hi,

Im now lvl 88 and love this build. Killing monsters easily. Now running with 180 iir (without the iir gem) and have done now maps till 78 without to many problems. Did 6L my ev chest today with 11 fusings so got really lucky with that. Only need the rathpith globe before i start to try atziri runs.

Spoiler
Gear with iir.

Normal Gear.

Thanks for the build!

Thank you, hope you get some good drops!
hey, another question im curious about,
i'm struggling to choose whether a Increased critical strike, Faster projectile or PPAD.
is Increased critical strike going to be better?
does it worth so much to invest chroms on my EQ for it?
cause get a blue and 3 red socket out of my equipment is....almost impossible...
Full dex Chest

Besides, does Bino's give better DPS than my dagger here?
I really need some advice here, like this build so much, although i'm not even close to your equipment..haha
Last edited by aMIgolala on Aug 19, 2015, 12:39:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info