ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
ald1413 wrote:
can anyone post the gem links? its very confusing with all the changes

Gem links haven't changed. Still the same: LS + PPAD + WED + FA + MS + ICC/FP
wow thank you for the fast response:D but i meant the other gems in the boots/helmet/gloves/weapon/shield
Well, I'm not sure what others are using for 2.0 but what I used before is below. You may need to change some things for 2.0 like add a golem or CWDT+IC set-up if you want:

Helm: Vaal Double Strike setup => Vaal DS + ICD + ICC + Inc. Duration

Shield: 3L CWDT => CWDT + Inc. Duration + Frost Wall (only use if you have close to 100% pierce with projectiles)

Dagger: Blood Rage (not really useful anymore), Whirling Blades, Enfeeble

Gloves: 4L CWDT => CWDT + Curse on Hit + Arc + Proj. Weakness

Boots: Auras => Hatred + HoA + Ele Prolif
Hello!

Nice guide, but what about the bandits?
Last edited by Vegigvittem on Sep 12, 2015, 10:08:06 AM
I exclude Bandits because I leave it open for people to pick what they want. I went for: Kill All (passive point), Help Oak (phys damage), Kill All (passive point).

If you use a lot of PCs (i.e. flask version) - then help Alira in Merci. If you use frenzy charges - help Kraityn in Merci, etc...

Now that I look at the wiki, it looks like Cruel Oak has been reduced from 20% phys damage (which is what I remember from before) to 16% phys damage in 2.0. May not be worth it for some people who need the point elsewhere (i.e. for life)

In that case just kill everyone.

hey, i'm currently level 88, i love this build very much..
but i found it really tough to even get pass the trio in the normal atziri.
these are my current equipments. i would really like to get some advice from u. seems like in your video,
u r using a really high dps dagger(probably the mirrored dagger shown in ur post).

flasks

Please advice, i really need your help on this.

Oh yes! and 1 question, why would u choose Increase critical strike rather than increase critical chance? i found that crit damage provide more dps, no?

Once again, appreciate your hardwork! and cheers!
Last edited by aMIgolala on Sep 14, 2015, 6:49:31 AM
Hi, for trio at the start you need to keep moving - you cannot stay still while A'alai is still alive. You need to kill her first. Attack quickly then move, and keep repeating. If you stay still she will cast quill storm (a lot of damage) on you and it is easy to die.

It has always been like this for this build, even since last year.

Just kite her from range. When she dies - avoid the black cloud, and kite the other guys.

This should all be very easy with the projectile version. You have high movement speed so if you play well even the melee guys will not be able to hit you.

If you need extra DPS - send Vaal Double Strike to kill her. Also try using curses for defense (temporal chains) or damage (Ele Weakness / Projectile Weakness).

I can't tell if you are using projectile version or melee version - if you remove IIR and Culling Strike and put damage gems like PPAD you will get much higher damage.

Yes you can choose between ICD / ICC / Faster Projectiles for the last gem slot.

ICC / ICD is trade-off between whether you want to crit more often, or if you want to crit harder. ICD will give higher DPS, but I prefer to crit more for status effects (shock, freeze) and flask refills. I was using Acuity as well so more crits (instead of more crit damage) was better for my leech.

Faster Projectiles is also very nice to try, but less damage than ICC/ICD. It is very nice because the gameplay feels much better with Faster Proj.
oh, i'm sorry. i forgot to swap out the gems, tats for my iir setup.
initially i had PPAD and Increase crit damage for the both gem slot.

yes, im using the projectile version, recently changed the tree to flask version, got alchemist and some extra life, and i have around 4.5k life now. but still very hard to stay alive in the trio chest..i guess i have to really prac on that...

thanks alot!
Hi, another question here about this build, i realized for the flask version, u taken off the Projectile piercing(piercing shot)

does that mean that, the frost wall will no longer be effective for this build? since we only get 44% out from 20q lightning strike.
what survivability setup will you be using?
immortal call has a really short period which is not so ideal. Molten shell gives some armour, but i think it wont help much as we r focuing on evasion unless we take iron reflexes node.

any good suggestion?=)

thanks for your reply in advance=)
"
aMIgolala wrote:
Hi, another question here about this build, i realized for the flask version, u taken off the Projectile piercing(piercing shot)

does that mean that, the frost wall will no longer be effective for this build? since we only get 44% out from 20q lightning strike.
what survivability setup will you be using?
immortal call has a really short period which is not so ideal. Molten shell gives some armour, but i think it wont help much as we r focuing on evasion unless we take iron reflexes node.

any good suggestion?=)

thanks for your reply in advance=)

Hi, you can still get 100% pierce with quality LS and quality Proj. Weakness curse - but this will only be for mobs so yes Frost Wall will not work that well because your pierce chance for the frost wall will only come from the LS quality.

I am not playing PoE anymore but if I was to play I would use Frost Walls and then use Lioneye's Vision chest to get 7L Lightning Strike with 100% pierce.

Other things you can try are to use CWDT+Arc+COH+Defensive Curse like Temporal Chains.

Downside to using curse is that bosses have low curse effectiveness (I think 60-70% curse effectiveness), so it won't help that much.

If you are using manual Enduring Cry then CWDT+IC could also be a good option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info