:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

My first Anime experience I can remember is Neon Genesis Evangelion. Good stuff.
Granblue Fantasy Season 2 is definitely a worthy successor of the first season. The art is beautiful as always, the story is progressing nicely and it got an amazing opening. I like it a lot. I mean, just look at them backgrounds... that's some serious eye candy right there. I also quite enjoy the pretty unique setting it has, even though it doesn't use it all that well for the moment, I wish they would put a bit more emphasis on the world as a whole, but oh well. Still a solid watch imo.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I'm enjoying several series this season.

Kono oto o Tomare is my favorite thus far. It's been running longer than the new series and I've become more attached to the characters over time, which is probably a key reason why it's my current favorite.

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun continues to be funny--and sweet--in every episode. I like the exploration of what makes societies and relationships tick going on in the background, as well, and it continues to be thoughtful on that level even while the gags are coming one after another.

Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana is an enjoyable police procedural, even if it's a bit generic in the characters^. The overarching cross-episode plot seems a bit generic, as well. But, the pace within episodes seems to be managed well, with the tension ratcheting up each episode and with timely infusions of humor along the way. Hopefully the characters flesh out nicely as the season moves along.

I started watching Houkago Sakoro Club, which has a charming first episode. But, I'm focused on other shows at the moment because these days I'm not feeling a strong desire for iyashikei anime. When the mood strikes, though, I'll probably binge-watch it.

I've watched a couple of episodes of Granblue Fantasy 2. That genre of anime isn't my favorite, in general, but I'd agree that it's a beautifully drawn anime. I also like the world quite a lot.

^
Spoiler
(clumsy genius, virtuous but naive rookie, ridiculously hot sword-swinging female, quirky boss, ...)
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
I think I'm gonna pick up beastars aswell. I heard a lot of good things about it, time to see if it can live up to them.

Also, I have some catching up to do on Fate: Babylonia. I've REALLY neglected that one.

Edit: Big fucking surprise, tuns out that Beastars is every bit as amazing as people say it is. The animation is handled perfectly (which isn't all that surprising, considering it's made by the same studio that did Houseki no Kuni) and even though it covers some seriously dark stuff, it does so in a very believable way.
I highly recommend watching it, though it's definitely not for everyone.
Last edited by FCK42 on Nov 1, 2019, 9:01:57 PM
Thank you guys, wow so much Anime I just finished binging on One Punch man. Amazing!!! I came actoss Vampire Rosario any thoughts?
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
Thank you guys, wow so much Anime I just finished binging on One Punch man. Amazing!!! I came actoss Vampire Rosario any thoughts?

It's quite heavy one the "plot". The story is pretty average I'd say, the characters are overall quite likable. The protagonist is... well... pretty much like every other generic harem protagonist. If you're into that type of show, then it should be a good watch. If not then you'd better not watch it. Simple as that.
I do think there are shows that fill it's niche better though.
"
I'm enjoying several series this season.

Kono oto o Tomare is my favorite thus far. It's been running longer than the new series and I've become more attached to the characters over time, which is probably a key reason why it's my current favorite.

I was so surprised to see that the second season already came out,i somehow completely missed it, well no surprise actually i feel this serie is so overlooked by ppl.
I absolutely loved the first season, not my favorite anime of the year there is just to much competition for that(what a great year for anime this was btw) but what a fantastic little anime well worth a watch and def looking forward to seeing s2.

It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Kono oto is amazing.

Another one people might be missing out this season is shihayafuru.
If you don't know it then your in for a treat since it's currently season 3 being released so you have two seasons to watch :p

I get really hooked on these types of anime where they take this fringe competition stuff and twist it in a good story with the competitions being solid "action filler" and the drama and character development in between.

It's a nice balance act in my opinion, something 3-gatsu no lion also did well.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Vampire Rossario wasn’t so bad. Few episodes, but I enjoyed it. I honestly need to have the anime dubbed because with my schedule I don’t have patience to read. I feel like I’m loosing out, because the Japanese voices are sooooooooo much better.

Recently learned to count in Japanese, fundamentals of Romanji, formal pleasantries. I love Japanese culture, I want to learn it all. My Genki book from school is a life saver. My Japanese teacher said to stop being so formal lol.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I might give learning japanese a shot at some point... it seems like a REALLY interesting language and culture.

At the moment I can understand some of the more commonly used phrases in anime, but that's about it. I guess that's one of the advantages of watching em with subtitles...

I'm currently fairly behind on most airing series, though there's a lot of great ones this time. Again, I HIGHLY recommend Beastars. It has some of the most human characters I've seen in anime... and they're animals!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info