:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Aaaand I finished Kanata no Astra. Well, that was quite the plot twist, I didn't expect that one. Good series overall, but at the beginning, the comedy clashed a little with the generally dark setting of the whole series, it definitely took some getting used to.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I'll get to see the KonoSuba movie in a nearby cinema tomorrow, that's gonna be a TON of fun! From what I've read it's about the usual group of misfits visiting Megumin's home village. If that doesn't spell utterly hilarious chaos, then I don't know what does.

So yeah, that'll be nice... it really feels lonely to be the only person writing something here. At this point it's like this is my personal anime diary...

:(
Apologies, i'm on the backburner in regards to the forums since i was warned with a permaban if i get another strike.

I was watching a bit of seven deadly sins a few days ago and i noticed the blood was censored, which i found really bothersome since it always had that "adult" vibe to it with the sexist small jokes and the solid story action arc to back up the silly stuff.

It seems really dumb to now all of a sudden be worried about the blood visuals in that series.

Enen no shouboutai is still going strong and is really solid visually so far, some amazing scenes in that one and i like the whole setting of the anime.
I get the feeling the author had a really solid grasp of the environment he wanted to let this play out in.

Shokugeki is back on the menu, so no complaints there, watched the first episode so far and i have no reason to think it wont deliver since every season so far has.
It's such a great show, but i always prepare myself a sandwich before settling down to view it cause i know i am going to be hungry half-way in :p

I'm still lurking the thread, just less inclined to post nowadays.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
FCK42 wrote:
Aaaand I finished Kanata no Astra. Well, that was quite the plot twist, I didn't expect that one. Good series overall, but at the beginning, the comedy clashed a little with the generally dark setting of the whole series, it definitely took some getting used to.
Kanata no Astra surprised me multiple times, including The Big One that drove the final episodes. I felt like the main parts held together pretty well as narrative, though, after the plot twists were revealed. Which I liked.

I didn't expect to like the characters as much as I did, which helped to make it my personal AOTS for last season.

This season I'm enjoying "Mairimashita, Irumakun" a lot; I have a soft spot for thoughtfully done "fish out of water" shows and it's regularly funny. Kono Oto o Tomare grew on me, as well, toward the end of the first season and it seems to be getting stronger over time. There are a few other new ones that I'm enjoying, which makes this a pretty good anime season overall.

I'd be interested in seeing the Kono Suba movie one day; I laughed a lot to both anime seasons for that show so far. Hopefully you end up enjoying it tomorrow. :)
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Oct 19, 2019, 11:25:18 PM
I gotta say, the KonoSuba movie was amazing. The trailers definitely don't do it any justice. It had a surprising amount of character development in it, so I feel like it should be seen more as an additional season in the shape of a movie than anything else. Also, there were some really, REALLY awesome explosions in it. Obviously.
Overall, it was very much KonoSuba character development, occasional feels, comedy (the very first scene already had me crying of laughter despite not even doing all that much) and everything. To anyone who watched the series, I highly recommend you watch it when possible. To anyone who DIDN'T watch the series... go watch it. AND the movie once it's available.
still will be a few weeks until konosuba comes to cinemas in my region. will definitely watch it.

seasonal programm is still evaluating. Currently i'm watching no guns life, babylon, iruma-kun, Honzuki no Gekokujou and phantasy star online as well as blade of the immortal. Not much good or bad as of now, so not much posting to do :>
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Wow... I am totally traumatized watching berserker on Netflix. LOL... I thought one One Punch Man set the tone, but damn I can’t believe Netflix allowed Berserker. I had to literally fast forward a couple of scenes.

Perhaps I am innocent to these stories, but what went through the mind if the director or writer, it was pure evil...

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I got a question about anime in general, if anyone is familiar enough to clarify.

I noticed lots of anime series are made on the fly, with 1 week cooldowns/deadlines on making the next episode. That is very hard and exhausting for people making them.

Why dont they make all anime episodes in advance, before release if they got the contract, and then just whoever paid for them releases them on weekly basis?

This would leave some time to fix errors and polish things, instead of rushing and overworking with 7 days deadlines on death march.
Spreading salt since 2006
funny, the answer you seek is found in an anime. Shirobako will answer all your questions!

Seriously through. First: They are not produced on a weekly basis most of the time. Each episode has it's own alotted time and if there is enough money the timeframe grows larger. In an ideal world this would mean QA has more time. In the real world through, it's like anywhere else. Someone somewhere in the chain fucks up, you don't have enough budget, people get sick, contracted somewhere else etc.
Also television contractors cast series for timeslots, you can't preproduce 2 years before airing, a year or less is more realistic. And that timeframe is not as much as it sounds.

second: Watch Shirobako if you haven't already. Its a great show.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Oct 23, 2019, 6:23:56 AM
The only anime I ever enjoyed is Dragon Ball, since when I've tried to watch so many of anime, but nope, I didnt like

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info