:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Oh. Oohhhh... Ahahha.

Why I'm so entertained by this revelation, I have no idea... But damn, it was quite "daring" for its time, wasn't it... How cute.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Ah, you deliver once again.

My first reaction was similar to my previous post:
"Ahaha. So American."

Then I thought:
"This seems to be a classical case of 'cartoons are for kids' syndrome."

But after reading it all:
"Cutting whole chunks of it? Changing characters and story? Removing references to Japanese culture? Why the fuck did they even bother with it in the first place?"

It's as if the American cartoon / animation industry was in a VERY bad way at the time, and desperately needed new shows (for kids) without doing the heavy lifting...

Was that a good guess?

FYI: Your second link is broken, but I watched it anyway. Fun.

Beelzebub was as warm, fuzzy and fluffy as always. Even though I didn't know that I needed something like that, I definitely do need it from now on.

Zombie land saga was a ton of fun this time around, too bad neither the police officer nor those two metal fans reappeared this time... we did get to see some legendary scenes with Tae though. Always gets me.

Run with the wind now starts to unfold all that drama and clashing ideologies. That former track and field guy looks and feels a lot like shinji... that similarity alone is enough to make me hate him.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I suspect Goblin Slayer has a different aim.

I know that it was confirmed that Goblin Slayer himself isn't the protagonist of the world's main story line if you can call it that. He is not the great hero that will save everyone, he's just that one guy killing goblins and who-/whatever it was that led those goblins there.
Oh, I watched it btw, right after HisoMaso. Don't read the spoiler if you don't want it to be, uh, spoiled, right before your rewatch. I'm being cereal.

Spoiler
HisoMaso's ending felt like a bit of an ass-pull (to force a "nobody-died-100%-happy-ending-no-seriously"), but I had had so much fun with it I didn't even care by that point.

Starlight was... kind of the opposite for me. That's not to say it wasn't good. They more or less wrapped it up nicely, with a satisfying conclusion, but on the whole, I just couldn't get as excited about it as you were.

Around the midway mark (Banana's story) I thought "Ah, NOW we're in business" but it didn't turn out the way I guessed -- it remained pretty much a short side story, which is a shame. There was so much potential down that road...

Maybe certain anime titles that I like have conditioned me to expect a dramatic turn of events around that point, so I was a bit disappointed. Or maybe they didn't use the show's greatest "tools" (song & dance) to their fullest.

Still, it was a nice watch and a heartwarming story; I'd rate it "quite good".

Thanks for both recommendations.

That movie topic a few pages back got me pumped for a movie spree, but I didn't get very far (technically, "1" can't even BE a spree). I should make some time for that. Many classics to rewatch, so many more to catch up on.

Anybody watching jojo meets streat fighter also known as baki?

I got really into it a week ago or so and now it's always a blast to watch.

There was also this show "grandmaster of demonic cultivation" that i was following. The story is ok, nothing special, but the animation on some scenes is amazing.

Goblin keeps being solid and slime is a solidly paced show, so it keeps me wanting more.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

There was also this show "grandmaster of demonic cultivation" that i was following. The story is ok, nothing special, but the animation on some scenes is amazing.

Goblin keeps being solid and slime is a solidly paced show, so it keeps me wanting more.

Peace,

-Boem-

Im watching baki, its 95% close to manga and its pretty ok, although if someone watched it as first thing from the series it might seem confusing.

Also Baki dou, latest manga is finished and there is baki dou 2018, which will base itself on sumo fighters.

Mo dau zu shi, aka cultivation, yeah, it is good, I randomly found it and stayed for the nice looks.

About slime and goblin, im worried there will be a big wait time for season 2, since their source materials themselves arent that big.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I figured they'd both be 12 eppers.

Tensura is confirmed to be 24 eps though.

2nd episode of tsurune was pretty nice. Some of the more realistically reacting animals in that show, even though it doesn't even focus on them. Animation quality in general is just way over the top there. Sasuga Kyoani.
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

I actually watched Baki the Grappler in a streaming site back in 2007 and I really liked the series since it was unique in its own ways. I was watching it around the same time with Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple. Two fighting series from different eras (considering the manga of Baki dates back to the 90s).

I still have not watched Baki 2018, but is it an actual sequel to the anime (There was two cours of 24 eps each), or is it a remake since it has been such a long time since Baki got adapted to anime?
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 28, 2018, 10:10:06 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Revue Re-view

It's funny how, when you break it down to characters and tropes like this, I can agree with everything you said (and certainly see why you loved it so much) without changing my overall opinion... I think it has something to do with my binge watching it vs. your thorough digestion on a weekly basis.

Revue Starlight may be a case where "the sum of its parts" is actually the greater thing about it.

___

Man, in this thread I feel like that one guy who refuses to watch Game of Thrones until at least a whole season is out, and is left out of all the "water cooler" discussions because of it...

...Oh wait, I am that guy. Nvm. SNAFU.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info