:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Yggdmillennia... Lol every time (actor) character tries to say that I crack up. Must be the wine... Lol.

Edit: Watching Apocrypha on 150" screen is the holy grail in on itself... Pictures coming soon.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on May 2, 2018, 12:57:42 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
I remember having seen a video about nichijou on youtube where the formula for jokes in it was summed up quite nicely:
1. Play a joke to the point where it should logically stop.
2. Don't stop.
3. DON'T YOU DARE STOP.
4. Never question what just happened.
Nichijou's comedy and a fair amount of the plotting reminded me of improv in how a scene develops by always working with whatever your partner(s) give to you, never saying "Nope, not accepting that premise".

So, I get why somebody might characterize Nichijou's comedy the way you're mentioning. But, I saw Nichijou's humor as flowing from those involved letting scenes play out rather than forcing a scene to follow a specific formula. Kind of like Shirobako did in key scenes, but even more playful and unrestrained.

I got the sense that the creative talent making Nichijou probably had a lot of fun making the show, which if correct wouldn't have been a bad thing.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Yggdmillennia... Lol every time (actor) character tries to say that I crack up. Must be the wine... Lol.

Edit: Watching Apocrypha on 150" screen is the holy grail in on itself... Pictures coming soon.

I hope you got bd rips. Nothing less is acceptable, but even they dont come close to real bluray. Looks amazing on my humble 75 incher.

I'm watching it on Netflix right now... Supposedly its 1080p but I think my TV is upscaling it to 4k, can't really tell with anime sometimes.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
And here I am 'watching' Full Metal Panic in 360p in the background of my PC while I play Diablo 2.
www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back
Now i've got to ask, the new LoGH airing atm, is that a remake of the previous show? an alternate story with the same chars?

(i've not actually watched the old ones yet) and watching the new ones and doing some digging (not a lot mind you) it looks like it's all the same story(same chars as well)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
No more physical copies for me, I have everything on my apple tv. I can't stand cd's, tapes etc... Technology always upgrading, and its just more convenient to just watch everything streaming or whatever it is I downloaded.

I researched the dimming phenomena mostly on xbox... Havent read anything on apple tv... Most likely because its download first onto my apple tv not really streaming it.

Last edited by solwitch on May 2, 2018, 9:15:58 PM
There's also definitely an unexplainable feeling of satisfaction from physically holding it in your hand. I've kept all my game boxes. I've recently had to rummage deep in my storage to find my Diablo 2 CD keys, and it just feels nice holding those things in my hand. I've also got rows upon rows upon rows of manga stacked 3 layers deep. Part of it is because I've been reading manga before internet reading even existed, and part of it is because reading it online just isn't the same thing as flipping each page one at a time.

I'm curious if some of the kids of the new generation who reads primarily from their tablets and phones can emphasize with this feeling, or if it's something that's programmed in my brain from my childhood.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The dimming is an automated process done for broadcast in the wake of the infamous Porygon seizure event. The only version of an anime that doesn't have dimming is the bluray, and sometimes if you're very lucky a streaming service like Crunchyroll will upload the blurays (as they did for Jojos parts 1 and 2). But typically, since streaming services are 'current', you'll just get the tv broadcast.

And FApoc remains the most damaged anime I've ever seen regarding dimming and framerate loss. The animators were thinking 'bluray' the whole time, and considered the aired version nothing more than a preview of their real work and skill.

I dislike physical media these days as well but it's the only way to get the good stuff sometimes.

And since I legally bought the FApoc blurays, I feel okay downloading BD rips and timing UTW's subs to them (which I did a few days ago). Fun little project.

Thanks for the info appreciate it... Unfortunately apple not selling apocrypha for me. I'm going to stop by Don Quijote where I buy all my Japanese stuff and see if I can find an anime on blu ray. Now I'm curious to see the differences..

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I get the complaints: it's a lot of dosh to drop in one hit but this is what true fans, true otaku, do, especially in Japan. They focus on their specific thing and they don't half-arse it. If you're into a specific idol group, you go hard. You get their cds, multiple times. You join the fan club. You learn the moves to every damn song performed live. You go to every meet and greet. And so on. In that light, the premium prices aren't that unusual at all.

This part is so true to the point of madness sometimes. I got a friend who really liked Angel Beats, so he buys all of them. He bought the games for the male characters' story routes, when he doesn't even plan to ever play it. He even re-bought the game and/or blu-ray MULTIPLE times just to get the bonus thingamajig that comes with the 'newer complete edition', whatever that thing was. He went to all the seiyuu events, and he went to the concerts. Ludicrous if you ask me, but it's totally normal within the otaku community.
Last edited by North2 on May 2, 2018, 10:06:53 PM
Oh yea, there's no feeling of disrespect among us because we all know we're crazy in our own ways. I told him directly that he's totally nuts and he takes it as the highest compliment. My manga collection at this point is pretty crazy too and I'm proud of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info