In Between Season Event 9: 24 Hour Open Descent

I full cleared every zone & killed the last boss.

I ended up level 30 at the end, I didnt reset any maps yet.

I think I may have been 1 level under 100% experience one or 2 times during the final levels, but for the majority I was in 100% experience range.

If I level past 30 it will be because I ran the last zone again..

@Kotao, the events are shorter duration for a reason, which is why this is not really an issue yet. The only issue with this is that you dont know initially if the reset timer is set @ 8 mins or 15 mins because you cant see it. (or is there a quick way to reset zones that I am unaware of?)

I think the event would have to be at least 2 hours before resetting could be used as a strategy (so at this length I think there should be some kind of fundamental change to descent so that it isnt such an issue, which is probably why the events only lasted an hour in the first place)
"
KoTao wrote:
Full cleared every zone from the monkeys onward (only skipping the ribbon bosses) after entering monkey zone at 14, yet still ended up underleveled for demonic and infernal zones.

Elemental attacks in the later areas doing 50% life from a single white monster hit even with double resist rings is ridiculous, and is also way out of proportion to phys/chaos damage. Making those later zones cruel/merciless brings nothing to the format beyond yet another gear rng barrier.

Being able to time-reset zones is a bit funny too; i imagine there would have been quite a bit of this going on if descent had been 90 mins instead of 60. Anyone reset some of the earlier zones to see if chests are restocked?

Anyway, please get into the habit of testing content before releasing it in the future. So much about descent is half baked, and almost of it could have been prevented with a couple of full playthroughs.

As soon as people start clearing descent in 60/90 minutes, with more than 15 minutes to spare for the reset, and enough time to do more mobs after that, then it's an issue. But the best players to date make it to the last zone with only a few minutes left in 60 minute runs, so at best if they cleared the entire last zone in 10 minutes on a 90 minute race, they would gain an extra 5 minutes of farming.

Besides that, who the hell would have thought to test this? It wont be an issue unless they did descents with no mods that were more than 90 minute, which was never the plan. If they do extend it, it's because other mods slow you down.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Is it 15 mins for a descent reset? Zones with fewer than 3 exits usually reset in 8 mins.

And ya, no one would have thought to do it during the main season (though it likely happened by accident a few times due to crashes), considering no one even managed to finish descent in the first place.
IGN: KoTao
Well it's not like somebody enters hall of heroes at 30min.
btw, i cleared practically everything from 4 or 5 zones before infernal, and way over half from last one but i killed piety right after i hit lvl26.. lol?
just remembered this morning. got shocked and killed by 4 white dischargers with a topaz ring, lightning res on my belt and 350 hp at 17. you shouldn't have to alt f4 vs white monsters to survive.
1,4k cleave
Spoiler

Got to Piety and pretty much died instantly, sadface.
IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive
I hope next week will see a repetition of this. Unfortunately due to computer problems I didn't bother, and spent my limited time relevelling in ONS, hopefully will be able to try again in the future.
Haha, what's with ppl doing Infernal again and again? What's the point exactly? Jeez ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info