In Between Season Event 9: 24 Hour Open Descent

The gear of my Witch that couldn't take the final boss:
Spoiler

Wand normally had Fireball + Added Lightning Damage, but tried using Spark + Lightning Penetration to kill the Mistress to no avail.

Had
and
, but never managed to get the stats for them.

Found
and Crown of Thorns, which I left on the ground unID'd
http://www.twitch.tv/majorgaren/c/2767613

Finished the boss with only regen, and no hp pots. At lvl 29

Gear
Spoiler
IGN : Dean
https://www.twitch.tv/Kalahart Friendly stream!
Last edited by DeanWick on Aug 17, 2013, 4:12:52 PM

1.3k cleave dps :>

also dat rarity
(Phermi)
Completed descent, and I gotta say, the last zone is the most tedious thing I've experienced in this game to date. Barely took down the boss, was on my last pot charge.
I was going to give this a go with other classes for fun, but after going through the last zone, once in this lifetime is enough.

Last edited by boof on Aug 17, 2013, 5:55:25 PM
Got to Warmonger and promptly 1 shot myself on molten shell. I am smart.
@Tocohl
I killed every mob in a Zone after Perpetus yet I got underleveled once I entered the first merciless area yet only level 29.

Also the alluring chests after the last Gemchests are horrible!

I would need scourings no Regretorbs.

Without using the leveling bug, I spent a LONG time clearing everything and making perfect gear, along with some serious RNG on my weapons and a bit of crafting love I got to +60 fire res for the final zone, while keeping my other reses around 0. I've never seen so many 90-110% IPD weapons in my life! I also got a ruby flask early on, but ended up not needing to use it. Never got a single movement speed boots though rofl, so this took forever.

IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Full cleared every zone from the monkeys onward (only skipping the ribbon bosses) after entering monkey zone at 14, yet still ended up underleveled for demonic and infernal zones.

Elemental attacks in the later areas doing 50% life from a single white monster hit even with double resist rings is ridiculous, and is also way out of proportion to phys/chaos damage. Making those later zones cruel/merciless brings nothing to the format beyond yet another gear rng barrier.

Being able to time-reset zones is a bit funny too; i imagine there would have been quite a bit of this going on if descent had been 90 mins instead of 60. Anyone reset some of the earlier zones to see if chests are restocked?

Anyway, please get into the habit of testing content before releasing it in the future. So much about descent is half baked, and almost of it could have been prevented with a couple of full playthroughs.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:

Anyone reset some of the earlier zones to see if chests are restocked?

They do.

I reset the skeleton zone because it was the most comical, empty and short zone I ever saw, plus I wanted to test it out.

Lvl 32. Did run the arachnid temple twice, as I split the time in two sessions. Went out to be social.

"
KoTao wrote:

Anyone reset some of the earlier zones to see if chests are restocked?

Yes, the chests reset and are restocked after the time-out.

That first mace carried me from the skeletal caverns all the way to Infernal, where I crafted the other one. Meginord's belt really helped there too.

Wish I could find some things that nice in a league where I could default them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info