0.9.12 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

Only the highest lvl char counts for prizes, you're wasting time leveling another one. Instead you could easily reach 60+ and get more currency.

Edit: Disregard everything I've said, I completely missed that you wrote SECOND ACCOUNT... The constant map grind takes its toll.
IGN: Yeph
Last edited by cGramma on Sep 17, 2012, 2:42:13 PM
You guys in the top 10/11 are scaring me, had to start leveling again!

So much competition at the top of the ladder this time, nice to see.
Seeing quite a few more duelists and templars this time around.
I'm sold, all I want to do is 1 week races. This is my first one, 7th deaths in the first two days and still have a 59 and will probably hit 60-61 before the end. I really hope you guys do these like every other week or something in OB/release.

I never understood why people liked playing hardcore or ladder resets. Now it's all I want to do.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Only top 10 Witch (although there are 2 other top 20) witches.

Ima make a thread after the race detailing my thoughts/critiques for the patch if anyone will be interested in it.

(BIG wall of text)

I'm kinda sad there is only ONE shadow in the top 50. I might roll one next race.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Sep 18, 2012, 2:24:53 AM
Yikes! Fayded in the lead ?
Top 3 is within a few points of xp.
Are you guys planning to cross the finish holding hands or will there be a battle royale soon ?
Last edited by Mercapto on Sep 18, 2012, 3:42:14 AM
Hi folks, Rabbin here.

Well, that's my race over at lvl 72, 21st place at the time. Died to a bunch of skelly rhoas, necros, and a few monkey daddys in the dry peninsula. No lag or desync or anything just got pounded about the place.

Pretty happy with how it went on the whole, I've never had a character anywhere near that high a level, so it was my first time messing around with maps and the like.

Some thoughts:

- I thought stability on the whole was excellent, especially given it was a public weekend. I play with an average latency of 250ms, so if I can make it to lvl 70 in HC then the net stuff has definitely performed well.

- The new HP nodes for rangers make them a lot tougher. Previously iron reflexes was a standard part of most of my ranger builds, but this race I was determined to make it work without it. I definitely felt a lot less squishy with the extra HP.

- Like I said, I hadn't played much with maps in the past, but they seemed pretty fun. I'm not sure how well they're suited to this kind of race though, as you're pretty much just trying to roll larger area/bigger pack type mods to get the exp boosts.

- This bug with the potions is really starting to drive
me nuts, far more so than any other bug in the last few months. When hitting the shortcut key, you'll hear the gulping sound cue, but it won't actually trigger. It seems to be about a 50% success rate for me, so I ended up hitting the potion key twice whenever I'd need a drink. Sometimes both would register, sometimes one, and on rare occasions neither. Obviously, when I found myself up shit creek without a paddle I'd just start mashing my health potion keys to be assured of getting any relief, but this would often run the risk of consuming the whole potion when that isn't the ideal result at all. All of this has only started happening to me since 0.9.12 and I've had no other system or network changes lately.

- If net performance is genuinely improving (I'm not sure it is) then I'd love to see alt+F4 treated just like a normal disconnect. I choose not to use it, but don't begrudge anyone else who does. It's a part of the game at this point so fair enough. Still, it just doesn't seem much like it's in the "hardcore spirit".

I know I had more thoughts on things but I'm drawing a blank for now.

I'd say it would have been unlikely for me to stay in the top 20 anyway, so congrats to those that make it (and condolences to #21! :P ),it was a lot of fun and there have definitely been some really impressive performances.

Gear at time of death:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I really wish I could stay up and see how this ends up. With 12 hours left everyone was scrambling to get maps, alchs, chisels and chaos orbs. I can't imagine what the last hour or two will be like.

Good luck to you guys. Personally I'm just hoping I wake up still in the top 40 (35 right now). I'd say not bad for my first time and 7th deaths in the first 2 days.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Fun race, omg at the top 10, I thought Panda and Fay pushed it in the last one, not even close. Played safe all week thinking a slow steady progress would work, nope. Losing ranks fast and stuck in 61s, I decided to just go hard, I'm losing anyway. I'm not sure but resist might not protect against the burning damage in extra fire damage maps, that fire burned probably a thousand life in less then a half second, and I have 80% resists. Well I had 80% resist.

Maybe it was just luck, so many linking nice shiny 66+ maps yesterday, after all these 60s and 61s, just no choice but to go faster and faster, totally wreck-less. Anyway it looks like I win top death, 74. Good luck everyone. Guess I know to not play it safe at the start next time, if I ever have enough time to play in one again. Heck maybe I wont be cursed by the rng then.
RIP Drystion (Janstion?), sorry to hear.
A word on maps.
Spoiler
Not finding them. At first I thought RNG whatever keep going, but I used to at least average 1 map drop per 2 maps done. I spent all my currency on maps after farming yielded little, think I got 2 maps to actually drop so far (1 lvl 54 character RIP, 1 lvl 64).
edit: might as well see it out to the end, curious about quantity now and want to test some stuff :P
e2: This turned around real fast. Found an alch on first level of pyramid, traded for a map, found 2 more, found fusings for a 4th. Started using quantity.
e3: Just ran 2 62's and a 61, guess it was bad luck after Vaal. GG all! leftovers:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

The race for top 10/20 looks intense, good luck everyone
Last edited by OBsuh on Sep 18, 2012, 9:29:40 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info