0.9.12 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

Was an amazing race, gratz to Fayded for defending his title and shout out to Gindis for making it back into the top 5 on the last day while carrying me to level 75 :)

Can't believe that I actually kept my guy alive the whole time, created him at the very start of the race and he ended up being by far my highest level char in the game. Also my first time I placed top 20 in an event, a placement I didn't even really aim for when I started out. Soloed pretty much the entire race except for the last day which was a nice boost to get to 75 a lot quicker.
Had some insane luck with unique drops this race, got Astramentis, Quill Rain, Dream Fragments, Meginords, Ungils Gauche and a bunch of others. The not so pleasant part was having to grind tons of 60-61 maps at level 70+, getting away from having map drops tied to IIQ on items is still the right choice I believe but the system that replaced that mechanic is definitely broken and I'm sure you guys from GGG are looking into that.

Overall, it was a very competitive and fun experience, props to all the racers and thanks to GGG for developing this fantastic game, I really need to add a supporter title to my name sometime in the not so distant future.
IGN: Yeph
Last edited by cGramma on Sep 19, 2012, 5:20:45 AM
Congratulations to all of you who survived this race!

Seems like a lot of you guys used my ladder monitor this week. I had over 200 distinct users compared to the last one-week event that only had 50 users. It's really cool to see that so many of you like it, thank you!
"
duolc wrote:
"
duolc wrote:
"
Erenor wrote:
Well, it can be said that shadow is a bit of "underrepresented" - but there are 2 shadows on top 50 (one in top ten ^^) - and DDT died at lvl 73. We're still there but hiding ^^

Pretty sure DDT was duelist.

I was definitely wrong. Must have been his other char.

You are right, that site is pulling data incorrectly.

I was a duelist, my other toon was named "MrDDT" after I deleted my level 73. I made a shadow with "MrDDT" ran him to town.

I played a 3rd guy "BeastDDT" and got him to level 60 it was a mara.

Not sure why the data is getting messed up, but I died at level 73 on a duelist.
"
Kemichal wrote:
Congratulations to all of you who survived this race!

Seems like a lot of you guys used my ladder monitor this week. I had over 200 distinct users compared to the last one-week event that only had 50 users. It's really cool to see that so many of you like it, thank you!

I love your ladder monitor keep up the good work.
Congratulations to all price winners and especially to NotThat and Psyk, who made the first two places after dying once each. Good show!

It was the second race for me and another learning time. I didn't fight against Vaal on higher difficulty mods before and so I didn't have a strategy for his merciless version. I decided to skip that part, to stop really racing and instead to make it to level 70. Final rank 26, top rank after three days or so 7 (only for a few minutes).

Thank you all who traded with me, especially the items with high item level were very helpful *smiles at NotThat*.

Now it's time to train the Vaal fight ... see you next one-week-race.

@ MrDDT: If you reincarnate a character (starting one with the same name), the data of both characters are combined (what shouldn't be). Later data overwrites earlier data when conflicting: Craeburn, for example, died twice. Both characters are listed as witches, but the first was a marauder.
Adventure is a sign of incompetence (Vilhjalmur Stefansson).
Last edited by Laissar on Sep 19, 2012, 6:06:46 AM
the race was a new experience for me.
it was my first ever hardcoremode gaming in my first hacknslay i ever played and i must admit it was hell of a pain and fun (6 toons or so died ^^).

but the best thing was the fact that i never had so much fun enjoying gameplay.
i simply didnt consumate the game like before but played with a lot more planning, observing all game mechanics stats in detail and TEAMPLAY.
to sum it up: i played with a shitload more awareness for evrything.

thx
nice!

and grats to all
i honestly only want to play HC races now
Not sure why shadows are so underplayed. they're massive fun and can be utilised as melee or casters.

I used a melee this race, posting my gear and an example of my build and gameplay video to see if i can help make shadows more popular.

Skill Tree Build
Level 77

Gameplay Video
Coves Run

Gear and Gems
Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Flasks
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Aura Staff
Unavailable

Edit: Posted flasks
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Sep 19, 2012, 9:42:22 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Kemichal wrote:
Seems like a lot of you guys used my ladder monitor this week. I had over 200 distinct users compared to the last one-week event that only had 50 users.

We have to thank you for that amazing collection of statistics! I recently have discovered the added statistics about dying in events (was new to me yesterday, since I mostly keep an eye on my own char rankings), very amusing to check that late deathes! ^^
I use it very frequently, especially while an event is running.

I hope that there will be a possibility to track not only the first 2000 chars in a league (enough for race events, somefar well for HC with the actual players base, but way to little for default or increasing char amounts at OB...) But this will need some changes on the dev's side, so I dont expect it soon...

Other wish would be to have an option to clear some old event participants from the own accounts list - but I see no easy way to configure this without a sort of connection between site access and choosen account.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
nheowitzki wrote:
"
Grom wrote:

#38 in that list. with 12 hours to go :(

I beat you! #16 on the list and the highest Ranger to fall. Something to be proud of I guess...

Falan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info