0.9.12 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

RIP DDT

The top 4 look pretty cozy, but of course dying isn't an option ;)
Behind that it's an exciting race with places 5-10 close together.
The top 2 are not grouping together just FYI, so that is a solid race there.

Thanks guys for the RIP.

Dying at 73 hurts, I wasnt having any problems either, I had 18+ maps I was doing easy maps just chilling, and pretty much insta died, I should know better than to run past a mob in a doorway.

I'm going to relevel a guy, new build/class and take it easy the rest of the race.

Good luck to the racers.

Wanted to give a shout out to Psyk and Panda, way to make it back in the top 10 (and #1 panda) after a death the first few days.
Stinky Died Level 69 chasing 70
I'm BACK :)
"
Coldet wrote:
Stinky Died Level 69 chasing 70

RIP :(
ToE_NotADeersNotARabbit here!

Good race guys, stopping at level 76 unless my position in top 10 is threatened.

Just a quick overview on my maps:

1* 65 Map
3-4* 64 Map

Probably around 15* 63 Maps
Didn't bother counting the 62/61/60 Maps

I started off taking the easier mods, obviously rolling less quantity but always looking for Area/Maze/Magic Monsters, this was sustaining maps but never progressing me far.

I then changed using a substantial amount of alchemy orbs etc. and rolling very high quantity maps to try and progress up as I was drastically over leveling what I was doing, the rate seemed to not change at all, did a large number of 90-100% quantity maps with no drops.

Ultimately, it was a constant flow between 60-62 maps with the occasional 63 map dropping.

At several times I was completely reverted to level 60 maps, and had I not been playing with other players a lot of the time and we ran them as a group, I would have possibly completely run out, it seems a lot of the people I have been playing with are having this same problem.

This all being said I understand it's "end-game" and not supposed to be completed within a week (or a few days), if that's the case I think the drop rate is ideal, however for racing purposes there is far too much RNG involved in these later levels (the difference between top end positions is hugely orientated around map drop rates).

Again, good race.
Cheers to all the people who helped me out with maps/drops!
I have to disagree.

90 to 100% maps boss drops look like:

Spoiler

yielding 2 maps at best.Similar to 30-40% maps

While 60-70% maps filled the entire screen with white items yielding at 1 map most of the time up to 4-5 maps in a run.

It's like that: 0-20 % ->Almost nothing drops besides the boss.
20-30% there are some drops a map from time to time.
30-40% Like drops they were prepatch with itemquantity.
40-6x or 7x Increased itemdrops till you got a wall of items:
Spoiler

(The difference at monsters around the boss was minimal.)
7x+->Itemdrops are low again.

I believe the Map Quantity is broken at some point.
Unavailable
Unavailable

A map like that will yield many items though:
Unavailable

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
OH Noooooo - Another Death for me on FrozenTotem Level 45 just after I put my 5link chest on. My Templar was screaming through the levels and after playing the entire weekend with no internet connection issues I probably just got "tame".

After my death I hit the "F1" key to discover that my latency graph had huge spikes and flatlines. Kinda like the graph I would get on my mobile connection.

Good Luck to the racers still jamming.

I'm BACK :)
"
Coldet wrote:
OH Noooooo - Another Death for me on FrozenTotem Level 45 just after I put my 5link chest on. My Templar was screaming through the levels and after playing the entire weekend with no internet connection issues I probably just got "tame".

After my death I hit the "F1" key to discover that my latency graph had huge spikes and flatlines. Kinda like the graph I would get on my mobile connection.

Good Luck to the racers still jamming.

RIP oldman
Bad luck on your progresses...
I had a situation on a longer run yesterday, where I was forced to quit the game by a huge impact of non-playability: frametime and fps made a happily constant flicker between high and low, resulting in a much too high response time to be viable. Normally, I notice such effects within a short period at entering an instance (like some background loading) - but this time it stays constant over a longer time I was willing to wait, seemed to me like caused by some kind of memory fragmentation inside the game.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I think I am done made it too lvl 50. After dying on Thursday at lvl 42. I made it back up to 50 as a staff templar.

Going to be messing around with a ranger on my second account shooting for 30 to get some more orbs.

There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root - Thoreau, Henry David

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info