[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

Ok, after a week of searching, spamming trade chat, doing 76-77 maps, pming top mappers I managed to get my ultimate crafting weapon.

79 ivl Auric mace

And suddenly, after spending only about 20-30 alts and augumentations I got this beauty:

Two highest, 77 rolls:
a) Flaring (Local Physical Damage prefix)
b) of Celebration (Attack speed suffix)

Attack speed is not perfect (26% instead of 27%) but I will not Divine it because Phys damage is almost perfect (perfect is 25-45).

Now I need to get Eternal orb to imprint it, and start trying to get

c) Tyrannical lvl 73 prefix
d) Emperor's lvl 73 prefix
e) of the Gladiator 58 lvl suffix

Chances that I will get one of those 3 affixes using single Regal are 3/127, so only about 2%, but YOCO :)
IGN @Ostropalca
Excellent and good luck!

Edit: Also, how do you manage to get so much mana?
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 16, 2013, 6:25:04 PM
Ty.

I have 144 int (maxing for 14% stun chance from Vulnerability), also single 8% more mana node from Duelist tree, and 26 mana from gloves. Lvl 84 now.
IGN @Ostropalca
how come you chose auric mace as the base? just curious as to why you think its better than a nightmare mace etc
Auric mace has the biggest minimum damage from all maces, and it's the only what really matters in a weapon for permastun build. If mob requires 1200 single hit damage for stunning (let's pretend our REST is 0%), it's far better to have a 1300-1700 damage than 1000-2000, because in the second case you have a 20% chance that you won't stun him, so you can't call it permastun. Bigger base minimum damage on weapon decreases chance of not stunning the enemy.

Have a look on that video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSr32qRhp8), I was able to stun him (I was getting Endurance charges), but not permastun because he manage to summon some shit and disapear. That's the difference.

As a little bonus, 40% increased stun duration on Auric mace is two times better than 20% on Nightmare mace, which makes able to decrease attack speed even more (high attack speed really sux with mana leech).
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Oct 17, 2013, 6:26:55 AM
"
Evantis wrote:
increased stun duration on Auric mace is two times better than 20% on Nightmare mace, which makes able to decrease attack speed even more (high attack speed really sux with mana leech).

Absolutetly true! You want your attack speed as low as possible while still allowing permastun.

As I've explained earlier that the normal stun duration is 350ms, with 100% increased duration (to 0,7s) your attack speed would only have to be 1.3 APS. And the lower your attack speed, the less mana you need (to allow time for the leech).

My mana is a little low atm (475) and my attack speed a little too high (0.41s/attack), so I'm struggling a little with the mana (but still do ok) :)

Spoiler
Just to explain: your max mana leech is capped at 12.5% of your max mana -> to support your main attack skill (BoR with 4L) at 2 attacks per second that would be around 75ish mana per second. So you would need around 600mana (max leech: 12.5% = 75 mana per second) to be able to leech at the same rate that you spend your mana.

Ah well, a few more levels and my mana should be a little higher too :D

Btw...

"
Evantis wrote:

Chances that I will get one of those 3 affixes using single Regal are 3/127, so only about 2%, but YOCO :)

Yoco? You're only cute online? ;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 17, 2013, 6:22:07 PM
ahh nice, knew the mana leech problem but the minimum damage is a good observation, makes alot of sense.

I might have to craft one myself :D you got suuuper lucky with those rolls with 30 alts ^^
You only craft once
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
You only craft once

Here, take this rock.
"
Chronodroid wrote:
You only craft once

aaah :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info