Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

I have good ele gear, but am I ruining this build by trying a phys/ele hybrid? Seems like phys dmg scales so freakin' well plus all the leech is based on phys dmg.... (though I'm currently using LGoH anyway). What is your tooltip dps on cyclone/dual strike so I can get an idea? How do you find out your overall dps? Just take in to account your attacks per second?
IGN: Sin
Hi,

I currently am very underwhelmed with Cyclone. I'm in my 50's and Dual Strike just seems a hundred times better and safer.

I am using DS in a 3L with DS + Faster Attacks + Melee Splash.

Cyclone is Added Fire + Cyclone + Life Gain On Hit + Blood Magic.

Should I just ditch trying to use Cyclone until I get way better gear?
"
kallell wrote:

I've thought of the bloodmagic, but on hardcore having a spell that costs 50-100 per cast draining your life is scary at times....

It can look pretty scary, but my cyclone currently costs 223 life per use, and the Life Leech from Blood Rage keeps me up 90% of the time. The occasional dysync'd mob will have me spinning around like an idiot losing life, but I've learned to just leave them alone. Blood Magic + Life on Hit, and you will almost never see your life go down.

If you're in the hardcore league, then its up to you to determine the right survivability/damage to fit your comfort.

I did my own thing and dropped Life on Hit, and I changed Enfeeble for Vulnerability. Doing so cost me a fare bit of survivability, but I can clear stuff super easy.. I don't even have my hand over the flask buttons. So less gear + more survivability should do you just fine.
"
Valentia wrote:
Hi,

I currently am very underwhelmed with Cyclone. I'm in my 50's and Dual Strike just seems a hundred times better and safer.

Play what ever you feel better with. I personally prefer Cyclone because you're always moving, and its just more enjoyable for me to not have to click on every single mob to kill it (yeah.. I'm lazy like that). You probably will see better results out of Dual Strike + Melee Splash, but you lose the mobility cyclone provides.
"
artarion wrote:
"
Valentia wrote:
Hi,

Play what ever you feel better with. I personally prefer Cyclone because you're always moving, and its just more enjoyable for me to not have to click on every single mob to kill it (yeah.. I'm lazy like that). You probably will see better results out of Dual Strike + Melee Splash, but you lose the mobility cyclone provides.

Yeah. I like having Cyclone as an option for when I need mobility, but it just does so much less damage and my life goes noticeably lower when I use it.. and this is with a 4L Cyclone and 3L DS.

Any recommended differences in the skill build without Cyclone?
"
Valentia wrote:
Hi,

Why not multistrike over faster attacks? Seems like it'd be a no brainer for dps increase.
"
I have good ele gear, but am I ruining this build by trying a phys/ele hybrid? Seems like phys dmg scales so freakin' well plus all the leech is based on phys dmg.... (though I'm currently using LGoH anyway). What is your tooltip dps on cyclone/dual strike so I can get an idea? How do you find out your overall dps? Just take in to account your attacks per second?

Its really hard to tell how well the hybrid spec will do. You've got amazing gear, and even if isn't 100%, you should be just fine. The thing that made the old Ele-Cleaver so good was each attack used both weapons at the same time. So a 40 lightning damage ring added damage for both weapon, make it 80 damage. Add in your Increased Weapon Elemental Damage gem, and nodes.. that that 80 turned into 200+. Then figure 10 attacks a second, that's a freakin 2k dps boost.

However, since they nerfed the hell out of cleave, and the damage reduction applies to elemental damage as well, it may have killed the dual wield ele builds.

As far as dps goes. The game tooltip show I do 7400 dps. However, if I look at cyclone in the character screen, it said both my weapons do just over 2k damage each. While dual wielding, each weapon hits each time. So an attack speed of .20 mean you get 10 attacks a second with each weapon, or 5 hits with each sword. Each sword hits 5 times for 2000 damage. So... 2x5x2000=20k. Way higher than what the tooltip says it does.

Is my math right? Probably not 100%, but I know it feels like I do so much more than 7.4k.

"
Valentia wrote:

Any recommended differences in the skill build without Cyclone?

Nope.. build stays the same. And as the other guy pointed out, Multistrike is better for Dual Strike than Faster Attacks is.
"
kallell wrote:
"
Valentia wrote:
Hi,

Why not multistrike over faster attacks? Seems like it'd be a no brainer for dps increase.

I am on a new character in Nemesis and haven't bought it yet. Will be buying soon. Spent my Chaos on a Cast When Damage Taken.

Another thing... this is my current passive tree and I have 10 points remaining. Should I be going for more defensive or offensive nodes?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwFLRkuG_ol3yftMZ41kjrhPC1AoEd-SshN41PfWNtgS2VNbqpyqXTteA1673zZguSE2YTviq-QEZuDnrmkGaZXqW6sqrXytz653b6KvrzE9sau1I_nY-8O8i_yRf4K_o8=
Last edited by Valentia on Oct 31, 2013, 12:55:08 PM
I really find it difficult to support some gems with my int. Have you sacrificed any slots to +int in skill tree or tried to get int-items? I look forward that +30 int which I might grab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info