Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
Cycl3 wrote:
"
Hyron wrote:
Hey guys, is it possible to cast more than one curse on enemies, so we can take another cast when damage taken gem + curses?

edit:
found the answer by myself: its NOT possible, but we can connect another cwdt with for example molten shell.

is it a solution?

sure but i dont want to sacrifice my rings.
So i've been thinking...Do we really need resolute technique for this build? If you have ridiculous fast attacks already from dual strike, wouldn't having that crit chance be more beneficial and make up from the potential missing? I just question it because you have to go very far out of your way to grab the node.

Also, does anyone have thoughts with the ice bite node? Does it work with hatred?
Last edited by kallell on Oct 31, 2013, 9:02:34 AM
Hi! I hope your Day starts off well! First off, thanks for your Guide on the "Blender Build" starting with the Duelist. In your Guide you said it was Viable starting from a Marauder would you do me the honor of posting a Link to that variation? Im a Community Rep and Division Director for a Gaming community called VexX Gaming and I will be doing a POE report for the community. Id like to run through the game with this build and during my Write-up will Give You Full credit for the Build and it would expose You to our 500+ Member Base!
"
kallell wrote:
So i've been thinking...Do we really need resolute technique for this build? If you have ridiculous fast attacks already from dual strike, wouldn't having that crit chance be more beneficial and make up from the potential missing? I just question it because you have to go very far out of your way to grab the node.

Also, does anyone have thoughts with the ice bite node? Does it work with hatred?

If you don't want to use RT, then I would say don't. The reason for getting it is to drop the need for accuracy, which is quite important later in the game. If you're gear has a lot of accuracy and crit along with the other required things, then go for it. However a 5% chance to do double damage does not make up for 10 - 20%+ miss chance you will have if you lack accuracy on gear. In the end, you should do quite a bit more damage with it, unless your gear is insane. Not to mention, always hitting = always gaining health from Life on Hit.

As for Ice Bite, it does not scale very well. The formula was posted a few pages back, showing how bad it was. Plus, for 2 points you could easily get two 10% physical damage nodes which produce more damage overall.
"
artarion wrote:
"
kallell wrote:

If you don't want to use RT, then I would say don't. The reason for getting it is to drop the need for accuracy, which is quite important later in the game. If you're gear has a lot of accuracy and crit along with the other required things, then go for it. However a 5% chance to do double damage does not make up for 10 - 20%+ miss chance you will have if you lack accuracy on gear. In the end, you should do quite a bit more damage with it, unless your gear is insane. Not to mention, always hitting = always gaining health from Life on Hit.

As for Ice Bite, it does not scale very well. The formula was posted a few pages back, showing how bad it was. Plus, for 2 points you could easily get two 10% physical damage nodes which produce more damage overall.

Thank you for the response. Very detailed.

Now to find some of those more required items like Soul Taker and bringer of rain in nemsis. 5-10 exalts each atm :(
"
Microvillain wrote:
Hi! I hope your Day starts off well! First off, thanks for your Guide on the "Blender Build" starting with the Duelist. In your Guide you said it was Viable starting from a Marauder would you do me the honor of posting a Link to that variation? Im a Community Rep and Division Director for a Gaming community called VexX Gaming and I will be doing a POE report for the community. Id like to run through the game with this build and during my Write-up will Give You Full credit for the Build and it would expose You to our 500+ Member Base!

I did not write this guide, nor do I take any credit for it... full credit goes to x2P.

However, I can answer the question by directing your attention to the end game tree he has linked in the guide.

On the left side all of the Marauder health nodes are taken right up next to the starting point of that class. If you really want to play a Marauder, this build does work. It will be a slower start since you'd only be getting one node to increase damage (Resolute Technique), and the rest are health/resist until much later. Duelist has access to great damage, health and defense right from the early levels.

Here is a possible Marauder build (end game). The only difference is, a 8% Maximum Mana node is needed to bridge the gap between the two Duelist starting lanes.

This build could also work for Ranger since its only a few points from its starting area as well. It of course needs the 8% Maximum Mana node as well, which is pretty useless for the build.

Again, all credit goes to x2P.
Last edited by artarion on Oct 31, 2013, 10:39:30 AM
Artarion,

You running this in nemsis by chance? Wondering what kind of gear/gemming your doing if you aren't using the BoR or Soul Taker.
So cleave is basicly shit right now?
IGN: OsyWitch
Time zone: UTC+2
"
kallell wrote:
Artarion,

You running this in nemsis by chance? Wondering what kind of gear/gemming your doing if you aren't using the BoR or Soul Taker.

I'm just messing around on Default, and I do have a BoR. If I didn't, I'd probably run something like this.

5L Armor
Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage + Blood Magic

If you get/have a 6L, you could use Blind if you don't want to get Unwavering Stance, or Weapon Elemental Damage... you choice is yours. The dps tooltip is pretty low for cyclone with this setup, but don't let that fool you. 3-4k damage can clear stuff really fast.

You'll probably notice I do not use Life on Hit gem, and that's because I run Blood Rage. The life leech on that is plenty good if you have the armor/resists. You can drop added Fire Damage for it if you need the extra survivability.

As for weapons I just use some low 200 DPS one handers... rest of gear is focused around resists + physical damage.
"
artarion wrote:
"
kallell wrote:
Artarion,

I'm just messing around on Default, and I do have a BoR. If I didn't, I'd probably run something like this.

5L Armor
Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage + Blood Magic

If you get/have a 6L, you could use Blind if you don't want to get Unwavering Stance, or Weapon Elemental Damage... you choice is yours. The dps tooltip is pretty low for cyclone with this setup, but don't let that fool you. 3-4k damage can clear stuff really fast.

You'll probably notice I do not use Life on Hit gem, and that's because I run Blood Rage. The life leech on that is plenty good if you have the armor/resists. You can drop added Fire Damage for it if you need the extra survivability.

As for weapons I just use some low 200 DPS one handers... rest of gear is focused around resists + physical damage.

I've thought of the bloodmagic, but on hardcore having a spell that costs 50-100 per cast draining your life is scary at times....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info