Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

Spoiler

This is what I'm using at level 74 and it's working out better than using a BoR for me, I currently have about 2.8k hp and have great survivability but if I need more I can just add LGoH. Bearing in mind I only have a new bringer so the faster attacks and blind aren't as good, but I get a lot more dps by using 20% gems with a 5l, I just play around with the gems but I mainly use double strike even though it's only a 1 handed attack but still works well at clearing 72/73 maps, only problem sometimes is ele damage and those stupid green shooting things in vaal pyramid maps, but if you kill em fast enough you'll be just fine
WomanOfExcessiveCrits - 97 Scion Spectral Throw CoC
ManOfManyCrits - 95 Shadow Life Based Phys Crit ST
WomanOfSubstantialCrits - 95 Scion Explosive Arrow MF
WomanOfSuperflousCrits - 90 Scion Lowlife Spectral Throw
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1100222
"
KieranHardy wrote:

This is what I'm using at level 74 and it's working out better than using a BoR for me, I currently have about 2.8k hp and have great survivability but if I need more I can just add LGoH. Bearing in mind I only have a new bringer so the faster attacks and blind aren't as good, but I get a lot more dps by using 20% gems with a 5l, I just play around with the gems but I mainly use double strike even though it's only a 1 handed attack but still works well at clearing 72/73 maps, only problem sometimes is ele damage and those stupid green shooting things in vaal pyramid maps, but if you kill em fast enough you'll be just fine

Nice build, I am currently creating a similar build that uses a 6L and abyssus myself. Im am gaining about 5000 dps but lose 200hp, 15% block and blind. I'm surprised you haven't made the red socket that contains iiq into a blue and included concentrated effect for even more damage.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Updated atziri killing spec; hello elemental adaptation, goodbye templar area:

I may drop celerity or not. I may drop the +1 to max lightning resist node or not. I may drop a 6% life node and take damage or not.

//

gee whiz, arbitrary improvement:

by the blade variation:

Remember how I said that for the endgame, taking the low line might be best? I was sort of right. That's going to be a pain to repsec.

//

:O

Last edited by sawseech on Apr 22, 2014, 3:25:35 AM
Why are there so many of you running doublestrike instead of dualstrike?
Hi, i'm running a hybrid life/damage blender build. 4.3k Life, 55% block, Legacy BoR and 20k cyclone tooltip dps (linked with blood magic, conc effect and life gain on hit), level 88.

Here is my build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwDhwUtC2ER1RcdFz4YTRutG_odyiP2Jd8nLyjbKaUyCTSTNZI4lj38QKBBdEd-Sn1KyE4qU99USVb6Vw1Xl1hjWNtaSFuvXz9gQWBLY3BlTWeAZ6BqHmxGbqpwcnJscql07XYreA14SXloeu982YTZhO-Hdojxi0-Mz5B0kc6VZpkrmy2bg565pBmkrKgYqW6rxbXytkG3F7vtvJ-9gb6KvqfAD8EExtjM29Ih0k3Tft0N3-_jn-RR567uDu8O707veu_j7_DyL_ZI9zL3Tfe-_MX-jw==

I'm not having any problems 99% of time, but 1% of times i may get oneshotted (it happened with an exile+vulnerability, the one who uses spectral throw) or i simply can't sustain the damage the boss deals (academy even without mods, crematorium with -res mod). Do you think respeccing to a full life build (which would bring me to 5.4k life and 10-12k dps and 4% less block) would allow me to sustain those boss better or the dps loss wouldn't allow me to sustain them anyway?
Hi, I'm starting a Duelist, and I'd like to try this build, seems very good..

Just 1 Q: is it just me, or all the passive tree's link expect the "early build" one, are "broken"? I mean I can open it, but I saw only piece of tree, skill left alone (meaning with no connection to the other skills) and at the bottom I read "0 of 120 points used"
Bit strange...is it just my problem?

2nd Q: RT, isnt important for this build? Seems not to be in the skill tree (at least the 1st and 2nd..Like i said before, I've some problem read the others..)
"
fiqst wrote:
"
KieranHardy wrote:

Nice build, I am currently creating a similar build that uses a 6L and abyssus myself. Im am gaining about 5000 dps but lose 200hp, 15% block and blind. I'm surprised you haven't made the red socket that contains iiq into a blue and included concentrated effect for even more damage.

Yeah I was just playing around with gems a bit and didn't want to reroll the colours at the time, but now I'm using my 5l for cyclone + conc effect + blind + melee phys + added fire and it works out at about 12-13k dps I believe, I've also bought a thief's torment so I don't have to use life gain on hit and it's pretty good. I do plan on buying quality increaased aoe gem for the bigger radius, I need to get a better off hand weapon too but until I can afford one this setup is more than good.

Current Gear
Spoiler
WomanOfExcessiveCrits - 97 Scion Spectral Throw CoC
ManOfManyCrits - 95 Shadow Life Based Phys Crit ST
WomanOfSubstantialCrits - 95 Scion Explosive Arrow MF
WomanOfSuperflousCrits - 90 Scion Lowlife Spectral Throw
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1100222
What should I be looking for next, gear-wise? I'm at 3242 life, just under 8k Cyclone DPS, fire/cold/light/chaos resistances are at 77/40/76/23 respectively, and the low 70's maps are not quite as easy as the 60's were. Obviously I still need Soul Taker, but any other recommendations? I feel like my health is really lacking.

"
dbd6604 wrote:
What should I be looking for next, gear-wise? I'm at 3242 life, just under 8k Cyclone DPS, fire/cold/light/chaos resistances are at 77/40/76/23 respectively, and the low 70's maps are not quite as easy as the 60's were. Obviously I still need Soul Taker, but any other recommendations? I feel like my health is really lacking.

Your dps is ok, u should work on max resist (and minimal positive chaos res if possible) as well as having a minimum of 4k life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info