Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
OP, based on your current setup, aren't the gems supported by Cast When Damage Taken not going to be triggerd? They are all over lvl 31 but your CWDT is lvl 1.

Read through thread more than just the first page. Lvl supported gems only as high as the cwdt can support. I run my cwdt at lvl 5 i think. Still helpful.
IGN:Flickfrap
"
LoPan wrote:
"
OP, based on your current setup, aren't the gems supported by Cast When Damage Taken not going to be triggerd? They are all over lvl 31 but your CWDT is lvl 1.

Read through thread more than just the first page. Lvl supported gems only as high as the cwdt can support. I run my cwdt at lvl 5 i think. Still helpful.

U sound mad
"
MrH4T wrote:
So basically chaos damage bosses cream u, and your drop rates are zero?...

Thanks for your helpful insight.

1) I don't solo maps, I have a culler
2) chaos damage is a factor, but I don't have the viable gear currently to get my chaos dmg reduction. It is on the list for sure, but a chaos flask is fine for me right now.

which bosses even use chaos dmg? I haven't seen many bosses that do chaos dmg that wipe me. I've even soloed dual dominus on this char, no problemo. And yes, I know his primary is lightning damage

Last edited by happycatters on Jan 21, 2014, 10:40:25 AM
"
MrH4T wrote:
"
LoPan wrote:
"

U sound mad
sorry if i hurt ur feelings bro. Gl in game!
"
happycatters wrote:
"
MrH4T wrote:
So basically chaos damage bosses cream u, and your drop rates are zero?...

Thanks for your helpful insight.

1) I don't solo maps, I have a culler
2) chaos damage is a factor, but I don't have the viable gear currently to get my chaos dmg reduction. It is on the list for sure, but a chaos flask is fine for me right now.

which bosses even use chaos dmg? I haven't seen many bosses that do chaos dmg that wipe me. I've even soloed dual dominus on this char, no problemo. And yes, I know his primary is lightning damage

The most common ones are the spider widow, the miscreation tentacle trio in the museum and the blacksmith's minion with their chaos cloud on death.
And regarding the IIR i guess a culler mf is always a nice friend to have :)
Thanks dude.
either way, I'm cashing out and waiting on standard league to get a new weapon and some other goodies.
"
LoPan wrote:
"

This is what you wrote, but the gear you linked contradicted this. How are you running lvl>31 gems with a lvl1 CWDT gem? Were those links from before CWDT was nerfed or something?
"
This is what you wrote, but the gear you linked contradicted this. How are you running lvl>31 gems with a lvl1 CWDT gem? Were those links from before CWDT was nerfed or something?

The guide was made before the linked-gem level requirement was added to CWDT. I guess OP didn't bother to update the gear link.
Last edited by hsyeow on Jan 21, 2014, 7:31:08 PM
"
"
LoPan wrote:
"

I never linked any gear bro ur confused.
In looking at your build.. are you sure its worth getting the 3x3% ias nodes in the ranger tree? I'm level 52 and I already have 86% ias and haven't even gotten multistrike yet. It seems that with 200% ias, those 3 skill points each only add 1% dps each.

Furthermore, is Berserking worth it? 21% ias for 3 skill points is only about 2-3% dps per skill point. Better to use them on the +life nodes to the right of Aspect of the Panther?

EDIT: Correction, with a leveled MS gem, I now have 265% ias. This means a 3% increase in attack speed produces a less than 1% increase in DPS. I just feel like those 6 skill points that add 30% ias could be better allocated somewhere else...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info