Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
virq wrote:
Just read patch notes. There is nothing about dual strike/multristrike. Just some skills like dual strike for example shows damage per use in dps line. Not even atk speed counted etc. I teset and dps seems to be the same like before the patch.

Yeah I came to the same conclusion after first sweating over a serious nerf on the damage shown on dual strike, and then 'phew'ing when I read the complete patch notes. :P
I recently read a guide on the ranger forums regarding taking acrobatics and phase acrobatics and relying on dodge for defense. I spec'd out of much of the tree recommended here and find that my survivability has gone down a lot. My stats aren't up to par with what was recommended in the other build.

Question is, has anybody here had experience with the dodge route for damage mitigation as opposed to armor/hp as seen in this build? I am certainly intrigued by the dodge model and have already spent 50-60 regrets into the build. However, the results so far have been poor and i'm wondering if it's worth continuing the investment.

Cavet: The model is based on frenzy generation and the unique boot that gives extra dodge with each frenzy charge. I don't have the boot yet but am considered pretty fairly geared otherwise.

I'm mainly concerned with nemesis.

thanks
This is a question for all of you Blenders;

Considering I've 14k dps Cyclone an 4'8 k hp , would u invest on more life or more dps ?

Thanks in advance !!

And big thanks to x2P for creating this awesome build !! Definately the best one I've ever tried.
After the patch, my tooltip dps went down significantly, but I seem to be doing just as much if not more damage as before. So I think they just changed the way they are calculating something. Anyone else notice this?
"
Vortilion wrote:
"
x2P wrote:
Class Flexible. It can be made from a Duelist, Maruader, or Scion. (Duelist has the easiest time leveling)

At which Level the Scion is on the same pitch like the Duelist ?

Or is the Duelist the best Class for this Build ?
IGN: Vortilion
"
Kelsier0 wrote:
After the patch, my tooltip dps went down significantly, but I seem to be doing just as much if not more damage as before. So I think they just changed the way they are calculating something. Anyone else notice this?
Tooltip DPS never meant anything anyways. It's always all about clear speed. Cyclone tooltip before the patch was always a joke but it kills super fast. They did NOT nerf anything. They said in the patch notes they adjust how some tooltips were calculated.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Sxing wrote:
Hey Dmillz,

thank you really appreciate the help here. My problem so far is that Ive got a 5link dex armor which I wasnt able to get an RRR link so currently I am not using multistrike on my DualStrike, in fact I dont use it at all :-(.

As for my cyclone, the current setup is like cyclone/added fire dmg/phys dmg/life gain on hit --> the problem ... mana, since I am using either hatred aura or grace (with reduced mana ofc) my mana gets drained in split seconds if I try to use cyclone.
Ya cyclone is BRUTAL on the mana. Try to get something with 2% mana leech, this helps a lot. Cyclone will still drain really fast but if you click a little bit further away and keep 1-2 hybrid potions on your bar it should be enough. If you have some life leech on gear maybe switch your DS into your cyclone 4L and run DS/Melee Phys/Multistrike/Melee Splash. This will be a lot easier on mana then cyclone and probably clear faster than your current 5L setup.

yeah thx I will try changing something
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Kelsier0 wrote:
Tooltip DPS never meant anything anyways. It's always all about clear speed. Cyclone tooltip before the patch was always a joke but it kills super fast. They did NOT nerf anything. They said in the patch notes they adjust how some tooltips were calculated.

I read a Bug report and a GGG mod said there were a few issues with the Tool tip display of some of the gems (Cyclone and Dual strike included)
This will be fixed in the next patch. However, its only a visual bug, gameplay is not affected.
"My father was a watch maker. He abandoned it when Einstein discovered time is relative. I would only agree that a symbolic clock is as nourishing to the intellect as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man." - Dr.Manhattan
Anyone looked at Wings of Entropy for this build yet?
Thoughts?
IGN HaukiFlash
Just for *relative* comparison how much dps are you guys with BoR doing on Cyclone tooltip?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info