Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
risko wrote:
i'm sorry but this fucking cyclone skill is by far the worst shit in this game. de-sync fest in every map, just wonderful. makes my gaming experience so joyful, i'm not dying because of it at all, no worries. jesus fucking christ. any alternatives to this bullshit besides dual strike?

Macro /oos I guess, becomes a habit after a while.
"
risko wrote:
i'm sorry but this fucking cyclone skill is by far the worst shit in this game. de-sync fest in every map, just wonderful. makes my gaming experience so joyful, i'm not dying because of it at all, no worries. jesus fucking christ. any alternatives to this bullshit besides dual strike?

Forget about Cyclone, its a silly skill. Dual Strike with melee splash and MS is insane for this build.
i have no problem with cyclone
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Cyclone ftw ;]
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
i have no problem with cyclone

You must be one of the unique and lucky few, no pun intended.

I have tested cyclone for days and here are the cons:

-Desync! Its an issue that leads to multiple of problems. Random character off position than shown on your screan. Not hitting mobs even tho it looks like you are, resulting in spending health with Blood Magic but not leaching anything back. This is nasty if you are being hit at the same time, I have seen my 6k pool of health spike to 50-70% due to this.
-Slower movement and character control due to being stuck in animation, combined with the above issue can become nasty. The movement slow part isnt that big of a deal tho.
-Lightning thorns! Yes, when cyclone is hitting lightning thorns with quick weapon attack speed and dual wield results in massive burst on you if you are not good with the Topaz flask. This can result in instant death.
-Very high mana cost thus high life cost if chained with Blood Magic in a BoR for example, spinning and not hitting mobs due to the above desync explenation speaks for it self.
-If you get into a really bad episode due to the above and you see your self about to die, its not always given that you can leap away due to either being stuck for an extra second in cyclone animation and being in a totally different position than shown on your screen resulting in leap slam not working or leaping not as far as you would want it to.

-Is dependant more so on the Soul Taker unique than other melee attacks. 10ex+

The only positive effect I see with cyclone is stun immunity during the animation and scaling of life on hit/life leach, which would have worked great if you were not faced with the above issues.

The above issues are non existant with Dual Strike and Splash and you will be dealing the same amount of damage more or less.

PS. It feels like its been forever now since cyclone got added to the game and no sign of significant fix to its desync bane. I myself have compleatly given up on the skill and of any hope for a fix in the future. Same goes for the desyncing in PoE, its the same as its ever been since early days of beta.

But dont think for a second this will make me stop playing the game, I love it and its great, just giving you my 2 alterations
why isn't Cleave viable anymore?
"
risko wrote:
why isn't Cleave viable anymore?

Nerfs. Dual Strike + Splash is the new cleave.
Resolute TEchnique a must or can we do without and go for crits?
My cast when damage taken I think no longer applies to any of my skills because I leveled them over 31. Or am I crazy? Because now my decoy totem never summons...
"
TheBobRoss wrote:
My cast when damage taken I think no longer applies to any of my skills because I leveled them over 31. Or am I crazy? Because now my decoy totem never summons...

belive me you not crazy. CWDT(level 1) only work with gem level 31 and above, so any gem higher than that it not working. you can drop your gem level or find new gem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info