Please remove all one time visit accounts from the beta clock

The newest lucky guy registred 2 days ago, posted nothing and is in the beta now. -.-
Yeah this is so unfair for thoose thats been here a month or more at least and a new regged zero poster gets in.. this just goes on and on...
"
Exitos wrote:
So many people realy want to take part of this amazing looking game and support the process of its perfection but most who get the chance to do so are just accounts which are created as multiple accounts or just created and long forgotton. Just consider this purposal which is i think the oppinon of the most people here who are waiting for a beta key!

So... because you wanted to have a key for a while, people who just find out about this game shouldn't get a chance to be a part of it? As u say, so many people want to be part of beta testing good games. Doesn't give you more right just because you been "here" longer.

And it'll get worse everyday because there are more people registering than people getting picked. So day by day we have to have more faith at the veteran timer. And I don't even know if I am a veteran myself, because just a few days after I registered I went on holidays. T__T What a twisted world where I have to say: SCREW YOU EXPENSIVE, AWESOME HOLIDAY !!!
Good Luck! May the key be with you!
Last edited by Forfeit on Aug 29, 2011, 9:39:33 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I signed up 5 months ago, and didn't post anything until after the beta started. Why? There wasn't anything for me to say. I didn't even log in; I can read the news and forums without doing that. So, I was a one-time visitor (logger) before the beta. Now that it's started, I'm logged in every day and posting on the forums.

It's completely unfair to remove a group of accounts simply because they didn't stay logged in or post something. The system is imbalanced towards the people who did post, anyway.

This is indeed something I hear very frequently from the silent majority of signed up people. They may not post it on the forum like this gentleman, but they do want to play.

Good to know the developers acknowledge our existance and stuation. Not being a veteran based on participance on the boards before the Beta does kind of suck, but that's just the way it is. If it ain't us who is unhappy, there will be others.

Keeping my fingers crossed here still :)
where there is a will, there is a way! gogo BETA FTW! :P or something....
jo
sucks for me, I registered and found out about the beta late so I am no considered a vet, but I am very active on the site and look forward to playing :).
time to play some POE :)
I am perfectly fine with the timer tbh.

If in addition mods pass out beta keys to valuable members of the forum, I am also all for it (rather than passing out CD keys to mysterious strangers at Pax & Co).

I am daily checking my mailbox to see whether I am selected for the D3 beta or the PoE beta. My fate for the next couple of weeks and months depends on it!

Stay hoopy!
Last edited by Starcraft42 on Aug 29, 2011, 10:18:16 AM
"
Chris wrote: Multiple accounts don't improve your chances of getting into beta. Tens of thousands of signed up accounts haven't logged back in but do visit the site frequently from the same IP (hence making the account look inactive).

We're looking into ways we can improve the counter to keep it fair for everyone but still helping the active forum people get rewarded for their effort :)

Great info to know. I was starting to wonder when I see inactive accounts recieving beta keys through the timer system. Also, timer system idea is great. Keep it up.

Edit:
"
Starcraft42 wrote: If in addition mods pass out beta keys to valuable members of the forum

+1

Cheers
Tomorrow comes today.
Last edited by Dankbeer on Aug 29, 2011, 10:27:30 AM
One important thing to remember here is that they've invited more than twice as many people as they planned to. So, even if 1/2 of the invites are wasted, they have about the number of testers they wanted. I count myself very lucky to be in the beta.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Aug 29, 2011, 10:31:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info