[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

How you get this working i downloaded the xquartz and the 3.5 file but it doesnt do anything
"
legend557 wrote:
How you get this working i downloaded the xquartz and the 3.5 file but it doesnt do anything

Install Xquartz, unpack Path of Exile, launch, if it does not open windows (one should be terminal with bash# written in it). If it does not display second windows, remove directory from /tmp named xWS*blablabla or restart mac and try again
I installed it without wineskin or anything I just downloaded the 3.1 file and installed it like that. First of in the start the loading screen takes forever and then it's pretty much impossible to do anything on the login screen I can hear the background sound but not click options or anything. What's the issue here?
I installed the game after playing the game it crashes saying bad allocation
How would you uninstall it? I'm running out of space on my HD and would like to uninstall the game. I assumed it would be the standard drag and drop into Trash and delete, but the amount of HD space recovered was less than it was before I installed it?
"
AAAA28 wrote:
How would you uninstall it? I'm running out of space on my HD and would like to uninstall the game. I assumed it would be the standard drag and drop into Trash and delete, but the amount of HD space recovered was less than it was before I installed it?

Indeed it is a drag and drop... the config files are stored in your documents, but that is only few kB.

The disk space might be used by SWAP files (only restart will clean them efficiently). While playing with wineskin wrappers, creation of those swap files is pretty common, due to the minor memory leak.

Also, if you are familiar with terminal, you can use "du -sk *" command for determining size of directories, to figure out which is taking a lot of space.
"
legend557 wrote:
I installed the game after playing the game it crashes saying bad allocation

Please read forums. It was stated here several times, that 3.5 crashes after while (15-30 minutes), 3.1 is much more stable (aside of possible missing graphics on certain configurations)
hi!

this is my first post in this forum and i didnt read the whole thread so it could be that someone already mentioned it, but:

i tried the two builds postet here and both didnt really work well for me.
(macbook air i5 8gb mid 2012)

so i tried the software called "play on mac", where they even have a standard-wrapper for poe.

installed it, set the video memory to 256mb and guess what:

it works better, faster und more stable than the two build i tried from this post.

so, maybe this helps someone.

cheerio!
"
runningjojo wrote:
hi!

this is my first post in this forum and i didnt read the whole thread so it could be that someone already mentioned it, but:

so i tried the software called "play on mac", where they even have a standard-wrapper for poe.

it works better, faster und more stable than the two build i tried from this post.

cheerio!

I felt a bit guilty for trying this out sinds this beta client got me hooked on the game even though it had some issues for me.
But I did try it and it is indeed more stable better/smoother and loading screens are history 2/3 seconds max to new area ^_^
Exiled for Eternity
"
runningjojo wrote:
hi!

cheerio!

I downloaded the regular PlayOnMac software, and the performance seems to be slightly better than what I was getting on Linux, but without the 15 minute crash. However, I am getting crashes with audio errors as the cause unless I use the --nosound flag. I can't seem to find this PoE specific wrapper you're talking about though, could you link it? Thanks for posting!
Last edited by PoptartOnRye on Dec 21, 2012, 10:14:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info