0.9.12 Information and Incomplete Patch Notes (Updated)

Does Ghost Reaver apply to " gain x live for each enemy hit" ? or only "% of damage leeched as life" ?
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
"
Chris wrote:
Nope, it comes when we enter Open Beta later this year. It's getting closer!

Right, thanks for clearing that up. I thought Act3 was coming before Open Beta for some reason. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this patch!
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
"
Chris wrote:
Flame Totem (fire) and Arc (lightning)

My god... there goes my next month. Keep up the great work.
I was wondering why there was no energy shield leech thing.. yay :D
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Spoiler
"
  • The Golem's Blood notable passive has been reduced to 1.5% life regeneration.
  • 0.5% life regeneration passives have been reduced to 0.4%.
  • Reduced several block passives.

What were the reasons for these changes? Life/regen is finally feeling roughly equal to es/ci, and getting max block is a huge point investement already.

"
  • Whirling Blades now checks evasion properly, rather than always hitting.

Considering whirl already misses far more than it should due to being so harshly affected by desync, this change is likely to make it next to unusable as an attack skill.

"
  • Making maps more common but adjusting whether item quantity on your character affects the drop rate of maps.

While im not sure maps need to be more common, i am sure their drop rate shouldnt be tied to gear affixes or gem loadouts. Linking map drop rates entirely to map quantity then increasing the quantity boni for the various baneful affixes (basically everything except size/maze/rares/blues/hordes) should work well enough on its own. Also, consider that the current system discourages grouping (players with low/no iiq being detrimental to map drop rate).[/quote]

THIS! Especially the whirling blades nerv is NOT understandable. It desyncs 50% of a time, not actually damaging at all, further reducing its efficiently drastically impacts the versatility of this skill.

Ot would remain to be an repositioning/escape skill only. Whereas using it as offensive AOE becomes useless.

The shadow's starting area should be reworked to include more easy access to defensive nodes.

"
Fixed some bugs where damage modifiers described as "Melee" could apply to some projectiles.

As well I wonder wether this is affecting lightning strike's projectiles massively....

"

Increased Item Rarity and Item Quantity mods can now only spawn on gloves, boots, helmets, rings and amulets.

Awesome, hopefully you adjusted drop rates accordingly, since I felt they were okay as they were.

"
Reduced the amount of nodes in the attribute highways, especially in outer areas of the tree.

My favourite! Less feeling of "wasting" points for reaching out further!

Last edited by C4ph on Aug 31, 2012, 4:47:17 AM
Very nice patch notes, can't wait!

But I was actually hoping to see a chat-rework.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
A so long patch notes with no errors !
I'm pretty new but all seems perfect.

Really big job GGG.
"
Projectiles now have a minimum and maximum spread when multiple ones are fired at once. This prevents them firing in overly tight clusters or too spread out so that they go behind you.
I don't like it. It takes away some functionality of this support.

For minimum spread I often used it as piercing to attack a monster behind one I attacked in melee range. I will still be able to do it by aiming to the side, which just makes it less intuitive. It will also be harder to hit monsters that are far away by small clusters of projectiles - and this may be important now that they are real projectiles.

For maximum spread it's kinda OK. There was problem with ranged attack instead of projectiles earlier, as sometimes with desync game aimed at monster instead of place where I holding my cursor. Then I would fire side projectiles for no reason and this should have been fixed to simple always aim at cursor position. On the other hand, I hope I will still be able to hit 3 monsters standing by my 2 sides and front.

Maybe for balance it should allow for more tight clusters of ranged attacks and not for freezing pulse.
Last edited by globbi on Aug 31, 2012, 5:46:34 AM
Great they fixed the weapons swapping bug ,i must say GGG is doing a fantastic job PoE is going to be an amzing game no doubt about it.

ps: its already an amzing game i know.
I LOVE YOU GGG :) Great job cant wait to try out the new passive tree. One question, whats the status of the "Trade Window" - 0.9.14 perhaps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info