0.9.12 Information and Incomplete Patch Notes (Updated)

"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
EDIT: Added the following line:
  • Damage conversion effects from the same damage type are scaled if they would convert more than 100% of that damage. All damage conversion which does not come from skills is scaled down such that the total damage conversion (including the conversion from skills) is 100%.

Can anyone explain this to me please? I have no idea what does it mean. To me is sounds like:
Damage conversion effects something something something something does something to something in different way than something before something. 100%.

Quite simply: you can't have more than 100% damage conversion. Chris is explaining how they plan to implement the cap, specifically. Like, when you are over-cap, his explanation describes exactly how much damage conversion you get instead.

Basically, they're fixing the issue with having bonus damage because of the conversion:
If you have 150% conversion from physical damage to fire damage, your attacks will do 150% of your actual damage. Which doesn't make sense.
Now they're fixing it so that it would, as intended, only convert your damage from one type to another, not add additional damage to it.
"Rock is Overpowered. Paper is fine."
- Scissors.
really hoping to see some huge +hp nodes next to shadow, so much fun to play until merciless.
"
Sockets now only appear on items if you press alt - they don't show permanently if you have Z (or equivalent) toggled.

Why change this? the only value white items can have right now is having good sockets/links, so why make things complicated? This change only makes farming chromatic orbs and getting white gear with good sockets harder, with no real benefits coming from it.
"
JeanKB wrote:
"
Sockets now only appear on items if you press alt - they don't show permanently if you have Z (or equivalent) toggled.

Why change this? the only value white items can have right now is having good sockets/links, so why make things complicated? This change only makes farming chromatic orbs and getting white gear with good sockets harder, with no real benefits coming from it.

Yeah, I had this exact reaction aswell. Are there any benefits of this?
The sockets are pretty important to me.
Summoners are overpowered because of exponential mathematics, something thats always hard to balance.

i thought the balance of zombs was fine, because they were so stupid. Sometimes I felt my witch should have been called Sheppardess and not PrettySkulls...

anyway summoners are more effectively limited in power by limiting the numbers of summoned critters, than by playing with the damage/hp of the critters themselves: geometric changes v exponential ones.

I must say that with minions following through portals takes away the only vulnerable section of the game for the summoner: thats the only time i ever feel like I could die personally die... as soon as I have my extra 21000 HP and 2600 ES all is well.

They need a nerf to counter the lack of dumb.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
Hipossum wrote:
"
JeanKB wrote:
"

I think I recall reading that this only affects items you have equipped and those you have in your inventory. Meaning items on the ground will still look the same.
"
Hipossum wrote:
"
JeanKB wrote:
"

Chris clarified here that items on the ground are the same as always, just equiped and inventory items have the sockets hidden.

EDIT: And stash items have the sockets hidden.
Last edited by Zephyroth on Sep 9, 2012, 6:46:47 PM
Just seen the new passive map:

Damn it looks pretty!

Nice work guys ;)

I guess no second totem for my witch, now that the minion node doesnt flow to the outer highway lol

B.
After having a play.... summoners are much nastier than before. Now Id use the phrase "brutal and effective"

Still have to test mervail on normal tho: that was by far the hardest fight for a summoner while levelling.

B.
If you use auras like Hatred, Wrath, etc yes but my HC Tank Templar summoner only uses discipline. It's far slower than it was before the patch.

Also leveling such a summoner increased the time of weakness from 28 levels to 32 levels the passage award and refunding(luckily only 3 skills needed) included. :/

I guess I will level Totem and Aura gems on the switch tab with my other characters and then sacrife some life nodes for reduced mana cost nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info