0.9.12 Information and Incomplete Patch Notes (Updated)

"
Hilbert wrote:
"Pro Players" that can play 2 bullet hell games at the same time.

I can't take your word for it, that this isn't just hyperbole. Could you provide a link of a person doing this? That would be amazing o.o
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Sep 9, 2012, 7:32:04 AM
Allow me to just step right in here...

"
Hilbert wrote:
1.Witch not a Templar.-->High Mana build with good access to reduce mana skills.

I don't see how build matters here much; Templars tend to be equal if not better at making minion builds than Witches, and Templars get access to double Totem and *more* reduce Aura cost nodes, so Templars conceivably can have more auras than Witches. Mana should never be a problem with Templar either, as for important skills, you should just use Blood Magic on them.

"
2.Look at all the auras. That's where the damage comes from-->Simply half or quarter the Aura effect on minions and it's ok or just make 2 Auras useable at the same time.

That character could add Necromantic Aegis, throw on an Eva/ES shield, and really stack on the damage through reflection as well. I don't know how many Increased Minion Damage nodes were taken for this build, but it didn't look like many.

"
3. Still gets one shot if hit by Vaals mace/ lightning-->AI Change forces this build to be far more defensive.

Well, given that the witch never got hit by anything other than a few rocks, it's hard to say that it could be more defensive. As is, it's more defensive than any tanky build in the game without even trying.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
Hilbert, minions are overpowered because they're too good at controlling the field and makes even poorly made characters much better due to how they distract a lot of damage away from your character. Most other builds that you cite tend to be well crafted and have great knowledge of the game mechanics.

"
I'm not even sure that this nerf is designed for totems. It won't change that much. I guess totem should stop casting when you got your max skellys allowed on the field. IDK, but there's something wrong here for sure.
I am pretty sure it is. It makes it so that the Skeleton + Totem combo by itself doesn't summon as many skeletons since the max # of skeletons on the gem is much lower. You now will need to collect all of the skeleton number passives in order to replicate the effect it has now, meaning that the combo makes a lot more effective for summoners than every class now (and it might still be decent for everyone else since it can still summon up to six by itself).
"
Hilbert wrote:
The devs could simply look at the Top 300 skill trees and see how many similar or identical builds exist.

You will see that skeletons are mainly abused by meleecharacters or Rangers with a Totem to have some decoys.

Or you wanna claim that those statistics are lies?

You say you don't want minion changes, but here say they are currently being abused? That doesn't make any sense, Hilbert.

Your forum signature is...wow.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Against weakening summonskills in 0.9.12
Especially the 2 skeleton/cast limit.:(

Just wait and play the patched game please before throwing a fit like a child.
I can't tell if you are trolling. Maybe you just like vomiting all over forums.
There really is no point in arguing with Hilbert, you should have seen the stupid shit he posted in the 1 week HC race thread. It's best to just ignore him.
IGN: Yeph
Vaal Pact seems amazing. My only concern is where it's located on the passive tree. I'm crossing my fingers it will be near the Mara side, but with the life leech boost in claws it will probably be over there.

1 more day!
Once more into the fray, Into the last good fight I'll ever know, Live and die on this day, Live and die on this day IGN: Mastodon_The_Primeval

"
Arrows are now real projectiles rather than faked long-range melee attacks. This means that they can now miss if the target runs out of the way before they arrive. This also applies to wands.

I supose that the projectile speed will not be modified, and it will be hard to run out. But still this adds an additional chance to miss, because projectiles already are affected by evasion/accuracy.
Maybe, the chance to hit cap could be increased for bows to 97,5% or so?
"The harder the game, the better."
for people crying about the minion changes,get over it i am a summoner an i am pretty excited for this
<3 exploding minions
"
Hilbert wrote:

"
I'm not even being hyperbolic when I state that I actually downed Ruthless Vaal in less than 15 seconds thanks to skeletons.

Create a video of it and I believe you.
Sorry but Vaal Ruthless takes at last 45 seconds with a high summoner and yet other overpowered builds beat him within 30 seconds.

Granted, it takes some measure of luck on the part of luck, but I don't even have to spend my personal free time creating a new summoner just to prove something the devs all ready knew and will be fixed anyway in the next ~30-36 hours:

You can do it yourself.

Don't summon your skeletons until after Vaal re-pops up (after Vaal's done its own bit of summoning).

Start summoning your skeletons on top of Vaal and run of to stand right on top of it.

Obviously, get out of the way when the melee slam comes.

Bam, you just defeated Vaal Ruthless because whatever minions didn't get killed by Vaal's slam got killed by Vaal's minions.

I still think you're being obtuse just for the sake of it. I don't really have much to prove since the devs saw that skeletons are obviously broken. You're the one crying and saying they were not in the first place. The burden of proof is on you.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Sairven on Sep 9, 2012, 1:27:34 PM
"
crab97 wrote:
for people crying about the minion changes,get over it i am a summoner an i am pretty excited for this

Yuuup.

Can't wait for the changes. So glad I won't feel forced to use a broken mechanic because of exceptionally... uh... dumb AI that makes me want to watch the Wizard of Oz every time I log in to my summoner. XD

"If I only had a brain!" - Zombie # 4501492
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info