Vaults of Atziri feedback

I love how this thread is basically just necro'd every month or so and no one says a single word about it.

I view Vaults the same way I view currency orbs: gambling. I recently wasted like 80 fusing (don't worry, it was on Standard :D) trying to 4L some crappy gloves, because I thought it would take less.

It was a bit frustrating, but I got over it pretty quickly because I knew going in that I was gambling.

If I ever got my hands on a Vaults of Atziri, I wouldn't think "I'm going to profit so much from using it." I would think "oh sweet, a chance to find some really great stuff!"

Because it's nothing more than that: a chance.

I'd never spend an exalt on it, mostly because I don't really enjoy actively gambling. When the chips are in my hands (currency orbs) though, I tend to think "why not? Let's go for it."
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 20, 2013, 3:16:52 AM
"
adghar wrote:
I love how this thread is basically just necro'd every month or so and no one says a single word about it.

It's not "necro'd" if the topic is still current and in this case is. No sense to make another thread just to share another feedback.

Besides that, you mean that no one says a single *good* word about it, right? Here is my good word about it: I like the sound and the brown font and frame when this map drops. Very exciting! lol
Last edited by Bhaya on Jul 20, 2013, 5:49:40 AM
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
If you plan to buy this map, then dont pay more than 5 chaos :)

Even considering my bad experience, I think that I would rather run this map myself again than to sell it for just for 5 chaos. The problem lies not really with the map itself, as the idea sounds good, but with a very inconsistent RNG in PoE.

Sorry but "consistent" and "RNG" don't go into the same sentence. (except here because I'm a baos.)

And besides, if this game had consistent drops then the casual players wouldn't get any loot at all. Or if it was adjusted so that they did, then the 12h-a-day players would be so rich they would control the whole economy.

I don't get the complaints about this map. You get a ton of loot in a short amount of time. Yes, it's exactly the same lottery as farming monsters is, but the short amount of time compared to farming monsters makes the run valuable. Especially for casual players.

You might get nothing or you might get amazing loot, this is also true for any other aspect of the game, except that all other options are more time consuming. If they decided to change the drops in some way to make them better, they'd have to lower the drop rate of the map and it would therefor increase in trade value- nullifying the whole "buff".

Cheers!
IGN:
Standard: @MeowViking
Perandus: @VikingVortex
Last edited by HandsomeBear on Jul 26, 2013, 9:47:43 AM
Do not go into vaults naked as the dev suggested on anarchy. Running into exile butt naked was lulz...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
Last edited by ShaeG on Jul 26, 2013, 10:19:16 AM
My take on the Vaults-

Huge gamble-- yes better off selling the map for anything over 8gcp and running away.

They also reveal that RNG vs IIR and drops in general (but chests in this case) is completely freaking broken and needs work, work work. When you can have an area that supposedly has 1900%+ Rarity and you get mostly garbage magic items, mixed with about 10% crap rares and quite likely ZERO Uniques... something is really farking wrong.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
You ran the map once and RNG fucked you.
I ran that map in a party of 6 people once, 2 exalts dropped. I've ran it 3 times total and the other time we got shit all as well.
This is basically another 'rng sux qq' thread. If you like deterministic, linear gear progression, I think that this isn't the game for you.
I did my third one today. The worst run. No uniques, no currency just 1 chaos and lots of vendor rares. The only item I kept is this:

Still, if you find this map, dont sell it (unless you are really broke), because its always fun and you might get luckier. But dont pay for it outrageous sums like 10 gcp or exalts!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Like all unique maps, fun to run it once.

I got 2 -shitty- uniques and rares for chaos recipe/alts
"
Alea wrote:
Ohhh no, the chests should absolutely ignore IQ/IR

afaik, they do
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Found another one

swag:

Spoiler

Note that this map is still not worth buying for an ex, or even close to that, cause the previous three times I got loot for maybe 5 - 7 chaos worth
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 1, 2013, 8:29:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info