[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
the_Arkain wrote:
thanks for the help

@kompaniet

1. no, it was only a thought because my minions died so fast in sceptre of gods, i wasn´t get used of it. All other 67er Maps are "no problem" only this 64er. Maybe to much chaos damage.

2. The damage of MI, like friendly fire between the minions.

3. Would it be better to get a +2 Minionlevel gem for the chest instead of the helmet for better zombies? Specialy if the TS prefer the zombies instead of the spectre?

4. Ah, ok. No, at the moment it is ok for me.

My gear and the gems are not really at the end.. more at the beginning. I am now Level 74.. i have much to do/find.

1. Yeah, if your minions take too much damage and go from, let's say, 40% life to dead, they will not explode, they will just die.
2. Damage from MI does not hit you or your other minions, only the mobs trying to kill you.
3. The +2 levels to minion gems mod only spawns on helms. You can get +1 to gems on a chest, but only with luck of corruption.
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Apr 16, 2014, 4:28:57 PM
thank you.

Ok, than the +1 minionskill in the chest is only something if i have to much "money" and in the helmet is it only a nice to have. The spectres are only a damage add.

I see, it is time to have a deep look into my possible endgear.
Last edited by the_Arkain on Apr 16, 2014, 5:21:22 PM
I read this guide but I don't completely understand which tree I should use to start of as summoner witch. Currently I have this as built.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0HYxFQFLAXUBzcO-FMLVcra9ttGXNTfRh_xoIei3qTJ5uhoqOnK6yYu9a_l8BUwcXB88NtyT3i9-aB7BjsivIe99c=

I want this character to be able to survive in hardcore mode and I want it to be able to farm. Leveling comes along as I farm I guess.

Can you please link me which built I should use for it? Cause your advice has multiple choices and i'm pretty confused about which one to use since I'm like 1 week new to this game.

Thank you.
"
Crusty wrote:
I read this guide but I don't completely understand which tree I should use to start of as summoner witch. Currently I have this as built.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0HYxFQFLAXUBzcO-FMLVcra9ttGXNTfRh_xoIei3qTJ5uhoqOnK6yYu9a_l8BUwcXB88NtyT3i9-aB7BjsivIe99c=

I want this character to be able to survive in hardcore mode and I want it to be able to farm. Leveling comes along as I farm I guess.

Can you please link me which built I should use for it? Cause your advice has multiple choices and i'm pretty confused about which one to use since I'm like 1 week new to this game.

Thank you.

Leveling -> Life DPS build -> CI transition
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Crusty wrote:

Spoiler

Thank you.

Aah mannn... I messed it up big time then. Any advice how I should solve this?
I have 4 respec points. Should I use them and where exactly? And which shall I level next I got 2 skill points waiting to be put in skills.

Can ya please help me out m8?

This is how it went wrong.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0HYxFQFLAXUBzcO-FI50wtVytr220Zc1N9GH_Ggh6LepMnm6Gio6crrJi71r-XwFTBxcHzw23JPeL35oHsGOyK8h731w==

Thx already for the guidelines.

"
Crusty wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Crusty wrote:

Spoiler

Thank you.

Aah mannn... I messed it up big time then. Any advice how I should solve this?
I have 4 respec points. Should I use them and where exactly? And which shall I level next I got 2 skill points waiting to be put in skills.

Can ya please help me out m8?

This is how it went wrong.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0HYxFQFLAXUBzcO-FI50wtVytr220Zc1N9GH_Ggh6LepMnm6Gio6crrJi71r-XwFTBxcHzw23JPeL35oHsGOyK8h731w==

Thx already for the guidelines.

I am guessing you are about level 30ish.
That can be done in like 3-4 hours.
I would start over. No reason to waste any regrets.
Use the character as a mule, you can never have enough mules :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Apr 17, 2014, 6:22:25 PM
I don't know why Crusty would have to start over. He's done things in a slightly different order is all. Am I looking at the wrong skill tree?

And level 30 isn't 3 or 4 hours to a person who would be asking that question on this forum.

Instead of giving up, how about we just fix the issue?

I'm into fixin... definitly into fixin...

I started to built more hp now. I can now aim on getting the skills from the lvling guide witch section and as I go along there will be a slight difference I guess but the good thing bout it, I think, is that I have to use less regrets in endgame,... right ?
"
Crusty wrote:

I started to built more hp now. I can now aim on getting the skills from the lvling guide witch section and as I go along there will be a slight difference I guess but the good thing bout it, I think, is that I have to use less regrets in endgame,... right ?

well if you want to "fix" your tree i can tell you that it isn't completely broken at all, but it will be a major hassle to continue your path like this.
i myself leveled this way, completely ignoring life nodes and learned some things from it:

1. don't do it again if you treasure your time. it takes you way longer to get through all the content because you have to play extremely careful so you don't die every second instant.
2. minions don't like aoe spells at all. learned this the hard way several times...
3. positioning. due to being squishy the entirety of the story content you will learn the hard way were to stand, when to cast and when to get the hell out of the room full of enemies.
4. enemy variety. you will learn, again, the hard way, what mobs are dangerous for your minions, are dangerous because they are ignoring your minions and hitting you directly, are dangerous over all because they wreck everything on the screen.

so what will help you survive as a full on summoner early on, even though you are ignoring life nodes?

1. summon skeleton. i found this to be the number 1 spell to get the attention away from you while dealing a bit damage. they don't need corpses for summoning, you can bring out quite a few of them at the same time, you can place them directly where you want them to fight and don't need to guide them with other spells. you can surround single enemies with skellies to lock them in place, you can draw a line of skellies to wall off parts of map and keep mobs at bay. over all a wonderfully versatile spell, if used properly. the damage they do is quite pitiful but you can support them with some damaging spell from the back line while they chew away at the mobs. i used firestorm for this back then, flameblast seems the go-to spell nowadays but in the end anything that deals damage from a distance will help your clear speed.
2. minion instability. the most important node damage wise all through normal and cruel difficulty. your minions will be squishy, that is a fact, so why not use that to your advantage. especially skeletons become exponentially better when they don't vanish into thin air but go out with a bang then they die.
3. mana. the more mana you have the more you can cast (captain obvious at duty here ;/ ). that is especially important when casting squishy skeletons that explode when near death. when you have clarity equipped and taken the mana cluster right in the middle of the tree (below the double curse) you should be able to cast skellies non stop, even when supported by faster casting which is a huge bonus while facing hard hitting bosses or rares.
4. enfeeble. enemies deal less damage, you stay alive easier. do i really have to elaborate?
5. discipline. this aura helped me out immensely. with that discipline on, i could keep zombies alive for longer than 2 seconds for the first time, while it gave myself a nice boost in ES.
6. luck. finding gear for leveling like this is pure luck. you will not have enough money this early in the game to afford nice gear and it would be a waste of orbs to do so every new act or 2. pray to the RNGsus and don't get discouraged.

please keep in mind that i did this before 1.06 came out so i have no idea how the new nodes or raging spirit change anything of the above and it maybe is easier now to get trough all the content using a different setup, but this is how it worked for me and how it should still work.
be also advised that there will be some enemies you will not be able to kill. prime example is dominus. he will just rip you apart along with your minions, so get help when facing the hardest parts of the story content.

good luck on your journey, it will be a long and hard one.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Apr 18, 2014, 4:00:08 AM
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
Crusty wrote:

well if you want to "fix" your tree i can tell you that it isn't completely broken at all, but it will be a major hassle to continue your path like this.
i myself leveled this way, completely ignoring life nodes and learned some things from it:

1. don't do it again if you treasure your time. it takes you way longer to get through all the content because you have to play extremely careful so you don't die every second instant.
2. minions don't like aoe spells at all. learned this the hard way several times...
3. positioning. due to being squishy the entirety of the story content you will learn the hard way were to stand, when to cast and when to get the hell out of the room full of enemies.
4. enemy variety. you will learn, again, the hard way, what mobs are dangerous for your minions, are dangerous because they are ignoring your minions and hitting you directly, are dangerous over all because they wreck everything on the screen.

so what will help you survive as a full on summoner early on, even though you are ignoring life nodes?

1. summon skeleton. i found this to be the number 1 spell to get the attention away from you while dealing a bit damage. they don't need corpses for summoning, you can bring out quite a few of them at the same time, you can place them directly where you want them to fight and don't need to guide them with other spells. you can surround single enemies with skellies to lock them in place, you can draw a line of skellies to wall off parts of map and keep mobs at bay. over all a wonderfully versatile spell, if used properly. the damage they do is quite pitiful but you can support them with some damaging spell from the back line while they chew away at the mobs. i used firestorm for this back then, flameblast seems the go-to spell nowadays but in the end anything that deals damage from a distance will help your clear speed.
2. minion instability. the most important node damage wise all through normal and cruel difficulty. your minions will be squishy, that is a fact, so why not use that to your advantage. especially skeletons become exponentially better when they don't vanish into thin air but go out with a bang then they die.
3. mana. the more mana you have the more you can cast (captain obvious at duty here ;/ ). that is especially important when casting squishy skeletons that explode when near death. when you have clarity equipped and taken the mana cluster right in the middle of the tree (below the double curse) you should be able to cast skellies non stop, even when supported by faster casting which is a huge bonus while facing hard hitting bosses or rares.
4. enfeeble. enemies deal less damage, you stay alive easier. do i really have to elaborate?
5. discipline. this aura helped me out immensely. with that discipline on, i could keep zombies alive for longer than 2 seconds for the first time, while it gave myself a nice boost in ES.
6. luck. finding gear for leveling like this is pure luck. you will not have enough money this early in the game to afford nice gear and it would be a waste of orbs to do so every new act or 2. pray to the RNGsus and don't get discouraged.

please keep in mind that i did this before 1.06 came out so i have no idea how the new nodes or raging spirit change anything of the above and it maybe is easier now to get trough all the content using a different setup, but this is how it worked for me and how it should still work.
be also advised that there will be some enemies you will not be able to kill. prime example is dominus. he will just rip you apart along with your minions, so get help when facing the hardest parts of the story content.

good luck on your journey, it will be a long and hard one.

1. I can only read a portion of your reply for now cause I really really have to go. But this is important to know for the rest.

From now on i'm investing in life nodds... not to be misunderstood so what is the best path to go on now. Should I restat some or keep it this way so I have to restat less in endgame?

edit: had chance to read it all... thank you for the information it has been refreshing. I'd still need some time to find some of those skills. Already got enfeeble, minion ins and luck. :)
Last edited by Crusty on Apr 18, 2014, 5:02:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info