[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Galax201 wrote:
"
Burkeyy wrote:

P.S.
Farm gems strongbox (alteration for gem with exp) i got a level 19 reduced mana.

What you mean?, im new and dont know what are this
A small update from invasion league:

Soon 80 and still doing strong!

Current gear is:

Got 9,6k optimal ES, and 8,2k with full iir/iiq (currently at 220/32).

All res at 77%, and
and
in stash :)

I've done a few changes to the build, mainly taking Zealots Oath, the scion life % regen nodes, the Shaper (1%)and possibly the templar one, netting 3,2% es regen / sec, which loosely translates to 300ish es/sec when ive my defensive gear on.

Also, i'm using firestorm + culling instead of arc now.
Last edited by krilox on Mar 24, 2014, 11:43:04 PM
"
You should ignore the CI builds for your first character.
Some story for the cloak of defiance variants, it will cost you 1 exalt to buy and a lot of currency to 6 socket + tabula rasa is mandatory (another 3 exalt)

Long story short focus on Rathik life or Mattc point intensive variant.

You can play both versions with 2 characters :) or make your own build.

For example a less efficient path that is more gear independent.
A quick draft would look like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvryC5JARiq9KyD8nKk0VICzp3Q1br04qKaX8xWegh3ZKfYPb_EvOcWwW6yysRxmGykrDOpu1GYr7CfbaGo9WLax_b56DCUZxtAyTJxzcf8aio8Hzgh7bCyepWm0kPKdcSVHqujyOV8ko-uvuuJOnCJ2uGmzz3RmFJKo26eNq-tIXL2TnVdaApI9G0NCboffXzLyFYKrETblEBILH-ejT-xNsBklqrM9lVcYWb-GIHaoRlnC72RMvbxjbdPGFMtxXHpSsP3qqmuBFnQ==

Download the passive skill tree planer and analyze their builds.
Be creative and aim for 200%+ life on high levels.

Worst case scenario you will learn a lot and get some gear.

:) to put your heart at ease i started as a templar even with 5 wasted points i'm doing fine.
My trade off was leveling as dual searing bond and easier access to skill gems.
Soloed to level 70 without trouble even counting that my tree is far from optimal.

Started something like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GtQTkIhpsna4ZhacIEmkkqriTFxw26aeUcXnjavrSXl3R_WaewBqQVVnzp4QqExo4WivDEyyno_I=

Current tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsGSRGWE2wVIBcvGYUZhhmKGmwajxzcHaokPCSqJ6ko-imlKk0s6S9vMtE26TdHPI5EBEVHRnFJUUp9TblOKlXGVdZWLVfJWm1br2TnZ6BqrGusb55wu3_GgKSCHoLHgwmFYIbRh3aIQI9GkDOTJ5uhm7WdrqKjpqynCKdcqsSsR6x_tAy4k8HzwzrKSsy8z2XQ0NP72RPbC90N4Yjjauq66yzr7vba99f56PrS-wn8xQ==

Just bought my cloak of defiance :) when it will be 6S5L i will make another char.

P.S.

Farm Gemcutter's strongbox (spam alteration until you get Drops gems with experience )
I got a level 19 reduced mana.

CI is great with the right equipment. But it will cost you a lot.
Wait until you get a 600+ ES chest, 350+ Es shield.

I posted on MAtt's build forum and this guy went on about Rathik being clueless and saying things that are untrue and basically says that matt's build is superior. This isn't my first character, I have a 63, 49, 54 and my witch (52) So gearing is something I can work on and i will need to work on gearing for either guides. I'm just not sure what I want.
Spoiler
"
Burkeyy wrote:
"
You should ignore the CI builds for your first character.
Some story for the cloak of defiance variants, it will cost you 1 exalt to buy and a lot of currency to 6 socket + tabula rasa is mandatory (another 3 exalt)

Long story short focus on Rathik life or Mattc point intensive variant.

You can play both versions with 2 characters :) or make your own build.

For example a less efficient path that is more gear independent.
A quick draft would look like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvryC5JARiq9KyD8nKk0VICzp3Q1br04qKaX8xWegh3ZKfYPb_EvOcWwW6yysRxmGykrDOpu1GYr7CfbaGo9WLax_b56DCUZxtAyTJxzcf8aio8Hzgh7bCyepWm0kPKdcSVHqujyOV8ko-uvuuJOnCJ2uGmzz3RmFJKo26eNq-tIXL2TnVdaApI9G0NCboffXzLyFYKrETblEBILH-ejT-xNsBklqrM9lVcYWb-GIHaoRlnC72RMvbxjbdPGFMtxXHpSsP3qqmuBFnQ==

Download the passive skill tree planer and analyze their builds.
Be creative and aim for 200%+ life on high levels.

Worst case scenario you will learn a lot and get some gear.

:) to put your heart at ease i started as a templar even with 5 wasted points i'm doing fine.
My trade off was leveling as dual searing bond and easier access to skill gems.
Soloed to level 70 without trouble even counting that my tree is far from optimal.

Started something like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GtQTkIhpsna4ZhacIEmkkqriTFxw26aeUcXnjavrSXl3R_WaewBqQVVnzp4QqExo4WivDEyyno_I=

Current tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsGSRGWE2wVIBcvGYUZhhmKGmwajxzcHaokPCSqJ6ko-imlKk0s6S9vMtE26TdHPI5EBEVHRnFJUUp9TblOKlXGVdZWLVfJWm1br2TnZ6BqrGusb55wu3_GgKSCHoLHgwmFYIbRh3aIQI9GkDOTJ5uhm7WdrqKjpqynCKdcqsSsR6x_tAy4k8HzwzrKSsy8z2XQ0NP72RPbC90N4Yjjauq66yzr7vba99f56PrS-wn8xQ==

Just bought my cloak of defiance :) when it will be 6S5L i will make another char.

P.S.

Farm Gemcutter's strongbox (spam alteration until you get Drops gems with experience )
I got a level 19 reduced mana.

CI is great with the right equipment. But it will cost you a lot.
Wait until you get a 600+ ES chest, 350+ Es shield.
"
Burkeyy wrote:

I posted on MAtt's build forum and this guy went on about Rathik being clueless and saying things that are untrue and basically says that matt's build is superior. This isn't my first character, I have a 63, 49, 54 and my witch (52) So gearing is something I can work on and i will need to work on gearing for either guides. I'm just not sure what I want.

They target different audience.
Rathik presume less gear.

Low life shavrone (100+ exalt) > Matts (40+ exalt) > self found Rathik
It's a no brainer.

But you need to start :) somewhere and farm your way up.
So the choice is will you start as a cheap MF summoner or pick another self found MF build like dual totem, incinerate ...

As i told in a preview post i would go for IR,EB,life ...

Then if you farm a lot of gear you can think about a rich man build.

For example Matts cloak of defiance:
3 exalt or tabula rasa
4 exalt or cloak of defiance 6S(4l+)
15 exalt or montregul grasp
2 exalt or midnight bargain
1 exalt for the rest like Skullhead/Chober Chaber

I took this gamble and it payed off.
When snapshoot became a thing of the past Rathik zombie variant will still work :)

And no1 prevent you from snapshooting with this build.
Rathik is against it so look somewhere else :)

p.s.

Don't follow a guide blindly learn from them.If you abide by this logic this thread is one of the best place to start.

This is how snapshoot my spectre:
Example 2h to 1h on swap.
I will probably buy another one for few chaos or switch to chest snapshoot :)

Spoiler

minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
Last edited by Galax201 on Mar 25, 2014, 8:04:20 AM
Hey im level 85 in ambush playing as elemental spectral throw, ive been doin 77-78 maps and everything but this build doenst give me much room for iir and iiq and im a mf whore and used to play high mf chars in the other leagues, im sitting at 15 exlateds atm and gear worth some exalts too (alphas howl etc), im thinking about doin a respecc wich will cost me around 3 exalts and start using this build, what is the most important stuff i should buy before i respecc so i can do a smooth transition and keep doin high lvl maps? i know a high level raise zombie is a must, what else?
IGN - Slayonara
"
krilox wrote:
A small update from invasion league:

Soon 80 and still doing strong!

Current gear is:

Got 9,6k optimal ES, and 8,2k with full iir/iiq (currently at 220/32).

All res at 77%, and
and
in stash :)

I've done a few changes to the build, mainly taking Zealots Oath, the scion life % regen nodes, the Shaper (1%)and possibly the templar one, netting 3,2% es regen / sec, which loosely translates to 300ish es/sec when ive my defensive gear on.

Also, i'm using firestorm + culling instead of arc now.

Why no melee splash on zombies?
Currently playing this build only level 30 at the moment, does anyone have any videos of the build in action towards end game 70+

Cheers
"
Boltonsquad wrote:
Currently playing this build only level 30 at the moment, does anyone have any videos of the build in action towards end game 70+

Cheers

I have some in first post.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Thank you Rathik2 for putting this guide together. I've been playing my summoner for many months now and I've found the guide super useful, and wanted to share a few thoughts and some anecdotal experience playing as a summoner.

I followed the guide the best I could until level 84, but due to gear limitations (maximizing IIQ subject to availability/affordability), I ended up deviating quite a bit. Using what I could get a hold of which was originally mostly self-found, but, then ended up buying after the removal of IIQ, I had trouble keeping up with elemental resistances. This is in part due to my insistence of running with reaper's pursuit as my main weapon and finding it difficult to use the divination distillate flasks being CI, thus spec'ing into more mana reserve nodes.

I made a few changes to the passives tree to suit my gear better; I dropped all of the curse nodes and took the mana reserve nodes near the scion/marauder starts. This allows me to run all three purity of fire/ice/lightning auras and discipline. I can also run another 40% aura such as purity of elements for elemental weakness maps, but this drops my mana down to about 40 which is troublesome for casting anything else.

There are a three obvious missing minion health nodes that I intend to fill in which are priority for the next few levels. I might also grab the 12% mana/health node at the witch start just to have a slightly larger mana pool (more tolerance for running divination distillate flasks) and a few more ES nodes.

I hate to say it, but, having once been very against snapshotting, I've now succumbed to doing so it as well. I actually started doing this yesterday, and coincidentally, yesterday I also ran my first few level 77 maps (successfully!). Prior, I had significant trouble with level 72 maps and even some maps below level 70 with difficult certain mods. Of course, this speaks more towards the fact that I am utter shit at not walking into obviously horrible situations, having logged over 150 deaths (the vast majority were between the levels of 80-85 due to maps). I am, however, aware others have been successful without resorting to these cheap gimmicks.

That said, this is what I've been rolling with:
- Passive tree at 105 points, level 85 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
- Maximum MF of 120 IIQ/ 390 IIR with flasks and culling. This can go higher once I get 20/20 IIQ/IIR gems.
- 6L zombies: culling strike, multistrike, melee splash, IIQ, IIR
- 5L (snapshotted) evangelist: minion damage, increased area of effect, remote mine, (depending on what I'm feeling)
- 7600 ES
- Added bonus: 42% movement speed (not sure if this matters to anyone else, but I previously felt super slow in groups)

Here's my gear:

And snapshotting items:

Some notes:

Because I'm using reaper's pursuit as my main weapon for the increased IIR, I lose over 2000 ES and block chance which probably contributes to me getting killed as often as I do. However, this usually happens when 1) my entire group and minions have already been wiped out anyways where it wouldn't be a bad idea for me to run away, or 2) user error.

The perplexing reaper's pursuit is due to the impossibility of rolling blue sockets (originally, I thought I might want to use this to raise 6L specters and skip some of the snapshotting. I ended up with this color combination, and it works well enough for utility spells: desecrate, bone offering and having a really expensive curse to spam in order to allow divination distillate to run.

I would really like to be able to run hatred as well, but this is almost entirely not feasible at the moment.

I hope I didn't entirely bastardize your build! Just wanted to share and hear your thoughts or suggestions if you had any.

Last edited by polygone on Mar 26, 2014, 7:30:45 PM
So do you just give up on Curator Miem??? I am on normal act 3 on ambush..... no idea how to kill her. I am trying to level with minions for fun, so maybe i should just skip her.
IGN: Sweethart

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info