[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Spoiler
"
polygone wrote:
Thank you Rathik2 for putting this guide together. I've been playing my summoner for many months now and I've found the guide super useful, and wanted to share a few thoughts and some anecdotal experience playing as a summoner.

I followed the guide the best I could until level 84, but due to gear limitations (maximizing IIQ subject to availability/affordability), I ended up deviating quite a bit. Using what I could get a hold of which was originally mostly self-found, but, then ended up buying after the removal of IIQ, I had trouble keeping up with elemental resistances. This is in part due to my insistence of running with reaper's pursuit as my main weapon and finding it difficult to use the divination distillate flasks being CI, thus spec'ing into more mana reserve nodes.

I made a few changes to the passives tree to suit my gear better; I dropped all of the curse nodes and took the mana reserve nodes near the scion/marauder starts. This allows me to run all three purity of fire/ice/lightning auras and discipline. I can also run another 40% aura such as purity of elements for elemental weakness maps, but this drops my mana down to about 40 which is troublesome for casting anything else.

There are a three obvious missing minion health nodes that I intend to fill in which are priority for the next few levels. I might also grab the 12% mana/health node at the witch start just to have a slightly larger mana pool (more tolerance for running divination distillate flasks) and a few more ES nodes.

I hate to say it, but, having once been very against snapshotting, I've now succumbed to doing so it as well. I actually started doing this yesterday, and coincidentally, yesterday I also ran my first few level 77 maps (successfully!). Prior, I had significant trouble with level 72 maps and even some maps below level 70 with difficult certain mods. Of course, this speaks more towards the fact that I am utter shit at not walking into obviously horrible situations, having logged over 150 deaths (the vast majority were between the levels of 80-85 due to maps). I am, however, aware others have been successful without resorting to these cheap gimmicks.

That said, this is what I've been rolling with:
- Passive tree at 105 points, level 85 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
- Maximum MF of 120 IIQ/ 390 IIR with flasks and culling. This can go higher once I get 20/20 IIQ/IIR gems.
- 6L zombies: culling strike, multistrike, melee splash, IIQ, IIR
- 5L (snapshotted) evangelist: minion damage, increased area of effect, remote mine, (depending on what I'm feeling)
- 7600 ES
- Added bonus: 42% movement speed (not sure if this matters to anyone else, but I previously felt super slow in groups)

Here's my gear:

And snapshotting items:

Some notes:

Because I'm using reaper's pursuit as my main weapon for the increased IIR, I lose over 2000 ES and block chance which probably contributes to me getting killed as often as I do. However, this usually happens when 1) my entire group and minions have already been wiped out anyways where it wouldn't be a bad idea for me to run away, or 2) user error.

The perplexing reaper's pursuit is due to the impossibility of rolling blue sockets (originally, I thought I might want to use this to raise 6L specters and skip some of the snapshotting. I ended up with this color combination, and it works well enough for utility spells: desecrate, bone offering and having a really expensive curse to spam in order to allow divination distillate to run.

I would really like to be able to run hatred as well, but this is almost entirely not feasible at the moment.

I hope I didn't entirely bastardize your build! Just wanted to share and hear your thoughts or suggestions if you had any.

You can try to change your swap weapon from reapers to
Wheel of the Stormsail + Ephemeral Edge

You will get 29% block, similar IIR and gain max ES .
To test it buy and Ephemeral_Edge (1 chaos?) and a white shield from vendors.
If it feels like an upgrade invest in Stormsail.

Spoiler

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ephemeral_Edge
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wheel_of_the_Stormsail

minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
Last edited by Galax201 on Mar 27, 2014, 12:51:41 PM
Hey OP, sorry if this was mentioned somewhere in your guide but I am having problems finding it. Is there a skill point build for being a life based witch? I can't seem to find it and once again sorry if someone else asked this
"
Hey OP, sorry if this was mentioned somewhere in your guide but I am having problems finding it. Is there a skill point build for being a life based witch? I can't seem to find it and once again sorry if someone else asked this

Look in the "Leveling -> Life DPS build -> CI transition" spoiler. Scroll down and open the spoiler under Witch or Scion (depending on your class) and you'll find the life builds there.

I've used this build twice now. First was in Domination and now in Ambush. In Domination it was my first summoner character and first CI character. I made a very nooby mistake of leveling as the CI build without using the life build first, because I figured it would be easier than respeccing. I died a lot. I wasn't new to the game but I was new to this kind of build.
I just wanted to say that I think this build is really good and it's helped a lot.
"
Stiglitz_ wrote:
"

Look in the "Leveling -> Life DPS build -> CI transition" spoiler. Scroll down and open the spoiler under Witch or Scion (depending on your class) and you'll find the life builds there.

I've used this build twice now. First was in Domination and now in Ambush. In Domination it was my first summoner character and first CI character. I made a very nooby mistake of leveling as the CI build without using the life build first, because I figured it would be easier than respeccing. I died a lot. I wasn't new to the game but I was new to this kind of build.
I just wanted to say that I think this build is really good and it's helped a lot.

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Hi, just a quick question, Zealot oath (the life regen apply to ES )

does it work with the rejuv totem, and is it calculated from life or ES?

I play low life, so im wondering if it will do or not, as i remember in october that wasnt working with rejuv + Vitality

Thinking i have currently 24 hp/s with my 1200 HP 85 hp/s with rejuv so taking 9 pts just to get it.... is a big deal (currently 110 ES /hit with ghost reaver)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
what means snapshotting?
Snapshotting means, that you use "better" gems for summoning minions or spectre.
The supportgems count only for the summoning, after thtat you need only the summoninggem. It is possible, to summon the minnions and than exchange the supportgems against "better" gems (aura, damage...).
So you have the best minions and the best utility.

In the video you can see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkegTOzoo8M
Last edited by the_Arkain on Mar 31, 2014, 2:23:41 AM
"
the_Arkain wrote:
Snapshotting means, that you use "better" gems for summoning minions or spectre.
The supportgems count only for the summoning, after thtat you need only the summoninggem. It is possible, to summon the minnions and than exchange the supportgems against "better" gems (aura, damage...).
So you have the best minions and the best utility.

In the video you can see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkegTOzoo8M
You described it almost right. Just replace support gems with gear :) . You dress in full minion support items (Chober Chaber, Mon'tregul's Grasp, Sidhebreath amulet, 6l armour) and summon minions. After that, you change your gear back, but minions retain bonuses, that they got during summoning. Snapshotting is considered broken mechanics that will be fixed in future, hence not promoted.
Last edited by NetBurst on Mar 31, 2014, 6:05:21 AM
ah, thank you.

Never used it, so my understand was limited. :)
has anyone been able to kill queen atziri with this build??

would it be viable or no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info