[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
seiferoth10 wrote:
I ended up dropping the double curses. Why? Simply, I didn't have enough buttons.

Left click: Move
Middle click: all my auras, then Desecrate
Right click: Arc, to target
Q: Zombies
W: Spectres
E: Skelly Totem
R: Enfeeble
T: Flesh Offering

Anyone rocking a level 21 RZ gem via a vaal orb yet? I was feeling lucky and Vaaled my 20/20 RZ and it turned to 20/23, so I can't complain.

I wish I had a level 21 gem :).

The buttons are a big problem to be honest.
GGG keeps adding new skill but no interface room to use them.

I think is time for a patch with new interface.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Mar 20, 2014, 5:06:59 AM
Hi guyz, there is very usefull information for summoners, just come from Rory

*he will add some defensive stats tomorrow

And i got some questions about your build mr.Rathik:

1. You got this section "Leveling -> Life DPS build -> CI transition" there is 5 steps of leveling - at which one i should switch life for CI ? ( and how much regrets i gonna need ).
2. Another section "Important about zombies, read second" - so is it mandatory to have 20lvl zombies to make this build successful? As far as i know your gems will get 20lvl at 84-86char lvl
3. Currently now im playing your build at ambush, only 32lvl at a3n ( cant play a lot,cause of work and family ), my guyz ( zombiez and skellies ) dies dam fast, only searing bond helping me to progress, am i doing somth wrong or its intended so suck with this build at low lvl?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my lame engl xD
Path of Exile > Diablo II > TorchLight 2 > Diablo I > Hello Kitty Online > Diablo III
Last edited by DarkRay on Mar 20, 2014, 5:14:48 AM
"
DarkRay wrote:
Hi guyz, there is very usefull information for summoners, just come from Rory

*he will add some defensive stats tomorrow

And i got some questions about your build mr.Rathik:

1. You got this section "Leveling -> Life DPS build -> CI transition" there is 5 steps of leveling - at which one i should switch life for CI ? ( and how much regrets i gonna need ).
2. Another section "Important about zombies, read second" - so is it mandatory to have 20lvl zombies to make this build successful? As far as i know your gems will get 20lvl at 84-86char lvl
3. Currently now im playing your build at ambush, only 32lvl at a3n ( cant play a lot,cause of work and family ), my guyz ( zombiez and skellies ) dies dam fast, only searing bond helping me to progress, am i doing somth wrong or its intended so suck with this build at low lvl?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my lame engl xD

CI transition when you have the gear for it. If you don't stay with life.
Not mandatory but the difference from a level 19 over a 20 gem is huge.
It is harder at early levels, it gets way better when you get some minion nodes.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
It is harder at early levels, it gets way better when you get some minion nodes.

Mkay. So, am i getting you right, that this build is not really newbie friendly, to get at least lvl 18-19 zombiez ( keep in mind that they main source of this build ), you need to struggle your way to at least 80lvl ( not 65lvl as your main post sad ), to make it viable ?
Path of Exile > Diablo II > TorchLight 2 > Diablo I > Hello Kitty Online > Diablo III
"
DarkRay wrote:
"

Mkay. So, am i getting you right, that this build is not really newbie friendly, to get at least lvl 18-19 zombiez ( keep in mind that they main source of this build ), you need to struggle your way to at least 80lvl ( not 65lvl as your main post sad ), to make it viable ?

No, you should re read the guide.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
I ended up dropping the double curses. Why? Simply, I didn't have enough buttons.

Anyone rocking a level 21 RZ gem via a vaal orb yet? I was feeling lucky and Vaaled my 20/20 RZ and it turned to 20/23, so I can't complain.

A 23-max RZ is insane.

Try dropping Arc. Your DPS is probably low anyway. You can target using the curse or Skellies. I dropped the Skelly Totem at about level 60 or so.

I'm running Arctic Shield, Lightning Warp, Enfeeble, Flesh Offering, RZ. Mouse is move, Specter, Skelly.

I can't say I use Arctic Shield very much, but it's nice when I need it. Lightning Warp is great for breaking clusters of pots.
"

seiferoth10 wrote:

"

I don't use move. I use left click for raging spirits. I've reassigned my 'd' button to hold in place. I move with the left and when I hit 'd' I stop and fire.

This gives an extra slot.
Last edited by Dhaktar on Mar 20, 2014, 9:09:20 AM
Is there any offline/online calculator where i can check how much total ES I will get?

I mean, Im running currently life build, collecting ES gear and I wanted to check before respecing how much ES I will have after changing gear and nodes. Is there something like this?
"
TigerSpook wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
After playing this build for a week i will give my honest opinion and review of it.

What level did you reach in a week? I've been playing this build in spirit since level 40.

"
kompaniet wrote:
1. The big problem with this build is that most bosses just wipe all the minions and then you are left with nothing.

Mine are very durable. I run 8 zombs and 2 Evangelists. I target using Skellies. Zombs have 6600 Life. Skellies are fragile but soak up a lot of abuse just the same. I'm playing 71 maps right now and really don't have a lot of problems.

"
kompaniet wrote:
2. The other problem is that you are squishy as hell. Hiding behind minions work moderately well until run run into some heavy hitter or a monster type like the snakes in the bog map that fires projetiles that pierce your minions and hit you instead.

I don't get hit real often. I have 2700 Life and 900 ES. My gear is heavy MF, Life, and mana regeneration. Why mana regen? As long as I can make a minion, I can probably get away.

"
kompaniet wrote:
3. The third problem is that running all these auras leave you with little to no mana to actually cast spells like raise zombie. I'm only running hatred + discipline but i have only mana to cast raise zombie one time.

I run 3 auras all the time and have enough mana to create skellies, specters, and zombonies. I only need about 150 mana. I don't have any spells that cause damage except for Lightning Warp. I use it to target monsters sometimes, but mostly to break clusters of pots :-D

Crank your mana regen and run Clarity (it's a princely 60 mana.)

"
kompaniet wrote:
Damage output of the minions is ok i guess. Nothing spectacular but they get the job done in most cases.

I don't know how to judge it, but they seem to chew the monsters up with little effort.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Another thing that i don't like is that you need to be like lvl 90 to be able to get all the passive skills needed.

I am still missing the double curse passives and most aura passives.

I use one curse (Enfeeble). Monsters don't live long enough to warrant 2 curses (yet!)

"
kompaniet wrote:
I will give this build a 2,5 rating out of 5 where 1 is worst and 5 is best.
There are better builds out there.

Link please!

"
kompaniet wrote:
Thanks to the build creator for sharing this anyway.

This we can agree upon!

I'm level 81 now, I can farm Dominus. I'm playing any map I can find (level 72 so far), and have about 40 deaths total. I haven't been dying enough (AKA not pushing the build at all) so I've been upping my death rate lately by taking chances.

1. I used the free respec we got on my lvl 80 fire witch so i didn't start from beginning.
2. I have followed the guide and put the gems mentioned there for my zombies in my chest 5 link. Many bosses wipe them. Yesterday when i concluded my testing of the build the lizard boss of the lvl 72 labyrinthe map pretty much killed them all in one burst.
3. I am playing the ci version. I have 6000 es, 75 all res and 30% block chance. I tried with the queen sword too but you are just too squishy with it.
4. I run hatred + discipline only and they reserve over 80% of my mana pool linked with a reduce mana gem. Not much mana left to spam raise zombie. Can't really drop discipline unless i change to a life build. The life version should be better then you can drop discipline and get another free aura to run if needed.
5. Mana regen is ok. Have followed the guide and taken the mana related passives.
6. Dps is so so. Problems arise in maps with summoners. Minions can't really handle those situations very well. You mostly end up killing all the monsters twice until they can take down the summoners. Not too efficient.
7. I also use enfeeble only. I have 95 points assigned. Not enough yet for the double curse or aura passives. I mentioned this already in my review. It's a big downside that you need so many points to complete the build. lvl 90+
8. I gave this build a 2,5 rating out of 5 (average) and i think that rating is pretty accurate. Requires too many skill points to complete. Requires too high level gems to work. And the other things i have already mentioned.

I will not compare builds directly here. The fun factor is not 100% related to effectiveness. And that is what it's about for me. You can still have fun with a build that may be somewhat less effective.
Rathik's guides are good. They deserve a 4+ (scale 1/5).

When you read this guide have in mind that it target new players
and that Rathik don't want to abuse the game mechanics.

If you cant leave with it read another summoner guide :)

Back on topic.
This thread is huge a lot of information is buried deep inside it.
Let me highlight few fact that people overlook.

1) You zombies will die a lot until RZ gem reach a high level.
Read this spreadsheet to understand why.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=0

If you want to min max read this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/746806#p6463557
(explanation of minion support gem/items)

2) Our build is a late bloomer.Don't judge it unless you hit level 84.
This is when RZ hit level 20.
If you switch from another build buy it.

A tip: wear 2 zombie gems. You will need the second until your 20 quality gem reach level 18.

3) Learn when to go all out :)
Sometime charging/going all offensive is the best way to stay alive.

4) you can put desecrate and on the left mouse click and use it while holding shift
Lest face it we are short on spell slots :)

Now off topic :)

In my opinion a beginner summoner should go Life/EB.
It's more forgiving.

You can help your minions a bit with Necromantic aegis + unique shields like legacy Saffell's Frame or Rathpith Globe +bone offering

I soloed level 78 maps with 2.2k unreserved life/700 unreserved mana
thanks to the combination of a 3 instant flask,level 23 arctic armor,EB,Cloak of defiance,Iron reflex.

Auras: hatred, purity of element,grace, clarity on life (toggle on/off before using a Divination Distillate.

A modern version of my scion summoners tree would look like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56ILHKPrT--vuV8mYrRNsuJN6qjyOBkmnCJrg6rpqrJ2uj0bZC0WdtAwabNDQkydGcRmFpqyboc9lHNzcV4MJsHckqohA99dVxn_GHpRvnjbpkDPMvKKjJ6kRlqw_ykrjavrShWDB81ptcLsZhsM6Fy-qxIIeJDzZE6xHm7VWLWTnhtFNudsLp1wvb-ssGYqsf1XWJLBEBElRKk37CYCkFSD22izpg9saj90N_Etbr_zFznFOKmegbBYppYd2Sn2_l8k98h4qmPqA

Or with bad equipment:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe-vILkkBGKr0rIPycqTRUg6yws6YPbrEfdDfxLGYZbr_zFznHKSk4qZ6BsFm-ewzoppYd2gwmbtVYtSn1GcRmKrH-0DLB3-wmTJ-q69toc3L-X3Fc8jhqPf8bJPR6UV8mioyepEZbyHqw_KPrB81ptcLvr7pitgseCHiQ82RO4k3qq-ejT-9sLp1wvb6cImuATbElRna6PRtkLRZ0GSRps0NAqmGqsGYWmrJuhz2X6gCSqiED311XGNumQM8y842r60oVgFy-qxGTnhtFNuVXWJLBEBICk

All summoners builds are similar :) pick minions/aura nodes and use the remaining points to boost your defense based on your gear.

P.S.
My Spectre of choice are Flame sentinels, good AI easy to summon

minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
Last edited by Galax201 on Mar 21, 2014, 5:28:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info