[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Asag wrote:
Is there any offline/online calculator where i can check how much total ES I will get?

I mean, Im running currently life build, collecting ES gear and I wanted to check before respecing how much ES I will have after changing gear and nodes. Is there something like this?

Use poe builder.
It will give you a total of %ES you have from nodes.
Then get the total ES you have from your gear and just multiply.

e.g if you have 1000 es total from gear and 200% ES from nodes then you will have 3000.
Also remember that 5 INT = 1%ES so add that to.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Mar 20, 2014, 6:07:23 PM
"
Galax201 wrote:
Rathik's guides are good. They deserve a 4+ (scale 1/5).

When you read this guide have in mind that it target new players
and that Rathik don't want to abuse the game mechanics.

If you cant leave with it read another summoner guide :)

Back on topic.
This thread is huge a lot of information is buried deep inside it.
Let me highlight few fact that people overlook.

1) You zombies will die a lot until RZ gem reach level 20.
Read this spreadsheet to understand why.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=0

2) Our build is a late bloomer.Don't judge it unless you hit level 84.
This is when RZ hit level 20.
If you switch from another build buy it.

A tip: wear 2 zombie gems. You will need the second until your 20 quality gem reach level 18.

3) Learn when to go all out :)
Sometime charging/going all offensive is the best way to stay alive.

4) you can put desecrate and the left mouse click and use it while holding shift
Lest face it we are short on spell slots :)

Now off topic :)

In my opinion a beginner summoner should go Life/EB.
It's more forgiving.

You can help your minions a bit with Necromantic aegis + unique shields like legacy Saffell's Frame or Rathpith Globe +bone offering

I soloed level 78 maps with 2.2k unreserved life/700 unreserved mana
thanks to the combination of a 3 instant flask,level 23 arctic armor,EB,Cloak of defiance,Iron reflex.

Auras: hatred, purity of element,grace, clarity on life (toggle on/off before using a Divination Distillate.

A modern version of my scion summoners tree would look like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56ILHKPrT--vuV8mYrRNsuJN6qjyOBkmnCJrg6rpqrJ2uj0bZC0WdtAwabNDQkydGcRmFpqyboc9lHNzcV4MJsHckqohA99dVxn_GHpRvnjbpkDPMvKKjJ6kRlqw_ykrjavrShWDB81ptcLsZhsM6Fy-qxIIeJDzZE6xHm7VWLWTnhtFNudsLp1wvb-ssGYqsf1XWJLBEBElRKk37CYCkFSD22izpg9saj90N_Etbr_zFznFOKmegbBYppYd2Sn2_l8k98h4qmPqA

Or with bad equipment:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe-vILkkBGKr0rIPycqTRUg6yws6YPbrEfdDfxLGYZbr_zFznHKSk4qZ6BsFm-ewzoppYd2gwmbtVYtSn1GcRmKrH-0DLB3-wmTJ-q69toc3L-X3Fc8jhqPf8bJPR6UV8mioyepEZbyHqw_KPrB81ptcLvr7pitgseCHiQ82RO4k3qq-ejT-9sLp1wvb6cImuATbElRna6PRtkLRZ0GSRps0NAqmGqsGYWmrJuhz2X6gCSqiED311XGNumQM8y842r60oVgFy-qxGTnhtFNuVXWJLBEBICk

All summoners builds are similar :) pick minions/aura nodes and use the remaining points to boost your defense based on your gear.

P.S.
My Spectre of choice are Flame sentinels, good AI easy to summon

+1 & +1
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
kompaniet wrote:
1. I used the free respec we got on my lvl 80 fire witch so i didn't start from beginning.
2. I have followed the guide and put the gems mentioned there for my zombies in my chest 5 link. Many bosses wipe them. Yesterday when i concluded my testing of the build the lizard boss of the lvl 72 labyrinthe map pretty much killed them all in one burst.
3. I am playing the ci version. I have 6000 es, 75 all res and 30% block chance. I tried with the queen sword too but you are just too squishy with it.
4. I run hatred + discipline only and they reserve over 80% of my mana pool linked with a reduce mana gem. Not much mana left to spam raise zombie. Can't really drop discipline unless i change to a life build. The life version should be better then you can drop discipline and get another free aura to run if needed.
5. Mana regen is ok. Have followed the guide and taken the mana related passives.
6. Dps is so so. Problems arise in maps with summoners. Minions can't really handle those situations very well. You mostly end up killing all the monsters twice until they can take down the summoners. Not too efficient.
7. I also use enfeeble only. I have 95 points assigned. Not enough yet for the double curse or aura passives. I mentioned this already in my review. It's a big downside that you need so many points to complete the build. lvl 90+
8. I gave this build a 2,5 rating out of 5 (average) and i think that rating is pretty accurate. Requires too many skill points to complete. Requires too high level gems to work. And the other things i have already mentioned.

I will not compare builds directly here. The fun factor is not 100% related to effectiveness. And that is what it's about for me. You can still have fun with a build that may be somewhat less effective.

1. this could be your biggest problem with this build. as a summoner positioning is everything! I assume all you did as a fire witch was run up to a pack, stand in the middle and blast it until it was gone. (I stand corrected if you played a different style) You simply can't do that with this build. almost all spells can be dodged, melee attacks should hit your summons. all you do is jump around the battle and curse/buff/guide zombies a few times.

2. I can't relate to your problem at all? maybe your gem lvl isn't high enough for these kind of maps? every lvl counts on zombies! maybe try them in a +2 minion lvl helmet? but even in case some die, just resummon with desecrate.

3. me too. there aren't that many attacks in the game that can kill you outright with ES that high. if you get hit hard just retreat. again it's all about the positioning.

4. with 1.1k mana, 4 mana reserved nodes and a reduced mana gem lvl 16 I can run hatred, discipline and purity and have enough mana to cast every spell I want. mana or perhaps intelligence on gear could help you out.

6. unfortunately rathik hasn't had a chance to implement flesh offering into his build. 40% faster attacks is huge, and that's with a lvl 1 gem only. this will raise your dps significantly.

7. the absolute core of this build needs about 55 passive points. beyond that you can do whatever you want! you don't _have to_ get double course, you don't _have to_ get extra mana or ES nodes. this build works on any player lvl and once you have taken all your minion nodes every node you take is a bonus. surely you shouldn't miss out on all those ES and aura nodes, but the build works very well even without them.

8. whatever your opinion may be, please don't write untrue stuff about this guide. every build needs many skill points to complete nevertheless they start to work way earlier, it's the same with this build.
high lvl gems are only needed for late game content, exactly as it should be. though the earlier you get them high the better.

maybe summoner just isn't the right play style for you, but try to hang in there. maybe a little tweak to the passive tree here and there to fit your personal style and soon you will learn to love this build, like the rest of us :D
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Mar 20, 2014, 9:02:10 PM
"
Monti_Jones wrote:

1. this could be your biggest problem with this build. as a summoner positioning is everything! I assume all you did as a fire witch was run up to a pack, stand in the middle and blast it until it was gone. (I stand corrected if you played a different style) You simply can't do that with this build. almost all spells can be dodged, melee attacks should hit your summons. all you do is jump around the battle and curse/buff/guide zombies a few times.

2. I can't relate to your problem at all? maybe your gem lvl isn't high enough for these kind of maps? every lvl counts on zombies! maybe try them in a +2 minion lvl helmet? but even in case some die, just resummon with desecrate.

3. me too. there aren't that many attacks in the game that can kill you outright with ES that high. if you get hit hard just retreat. again it's all about the positioning.

4. with 1.1k mana, 4 mana reserved nodes and a reduced mana gem lvl 16 I can run hatred, discipline and purity and have enough mana to cast every spell I want. mana or perhaps intelligence on gear could help you out.

6. unfortunately rathik hasn't had a chance to implement flesh offering into his build. 40% faster attacks is huge, and that's with a lvl 1 gem only. this will raise your dps significantly.

7. the absolute core of this build needs about 55 passive points. beyond that you can do whatever you want! you don't _have to_ get double course, you don't _have to_ get extra mana or ES nodes. this build works on any player lvl and once you have taken all your minion nodes every node you take is a bonus. surely you shouldn't miss out on all those ES and aura nodes, but the build works very well even without them.

8. whatever your opinion may be, please don't write untrue stuff about this guide. every build needs many skill points to complete nevertheless they start to work way earlier, it's the same with this build.
high lvl gems are only needed for late game content, exactly as it should be. though the earlier you get them high the better.

maybe summoner just isn't the right play style for you, but try to hang in there. maybe a little tweak to the passive tree here and there to fit your personal style and soon you will learn to love this build, like the rest of us :D

2. I use a lvl 18 raise zombie gem with 20 quality.
4. I have 1347 mana, level 18 reduced mana gem and running hatred + discipline i only have 242 mana to use and raise zombie costs 223 mana to cast. I can't even add lvl 1 clarity. I have taken one reduced mana reservation 5% passive. So i am curious to learn what to do about this.
6. I use this gem to add attack speed to my minions.
7. If you want to be able to do something you need mana passives and if you don't want to die in one hit you need es passives so again i am curious to learn how you can do so well with only 55 points used.
8. On the contrary. My facebreaker can do high level content with lvl 1 gems and doesn't require much passive skills at all. Just an example. I understand this is a mage build and mage builds require high level gems to do damage unlike melee builds that only require a good weapon but mage builds tend to require a million passive skills as well.

I play every class and build just like i did in diablo 2 where i had max level summoners. So i do like the summoner play style. Just need to optimize my charachter. I saw some videos of summoners clearing content better than me using snap shot. Might do that too.

But correct me if i am wrong. We take minion instability so that our minions blow up and do damage. Isn't this why the minions die to bosses because that is their purpose after all? If we make our minions weak they will die. I don't see why you lot have even bothered with minion instability if your zombies never die???
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 21, 2014, 12:27:07 PM
"
Do you use it in "+2 minions" headgear?
"
4. I have 1347 mana, level 18 reduced mana gem and running hatred + discipline i only have 242 mana to use and raise zombie costs 223 mana to cast. I can't even add lvl 1 clarity. I have taken one reduced mana reservation 5% passive. So i am curious to learn what to do about this.
Get some more reduced-reservation passives? :)
"
7. If you want to be able to do something you need mana passives and if you don't want to die in one hit you need es passives so again i am curious to learn how you can do so well with only 55 points used.
The only mana passives I ever had (and still have) were 5 nodes right at the start of witch tree + "Shaper" node in scion area. Have 1k mana with them (and this is with Perandus signet, w/o it is ~900), but with aura passives can easily maintain 3 auras - w/o any aura-related items. And still have enough mana for everything (~150 w/o good items, ~250 with them when I can switch some auras to life-reservation)
"
But correct me if i am wrong. We take minion instability so that our minions blow up and do damage. Isn't this why the minions die to bosses because that is their purpose after all? If we make our minions weak they will die. I don't see why you lot have even bothered with minion instability if your zombies never die???
Well, actually we take it so that our minions blow up when they are on very low hp and do damage. And, you see, if a minion is at very low hp, then it is almost guaranteed to die in a few seconds anyway, and with MI it can at least have a chance to do some additional damage. And it is only one skillpoint in the area of skilltree through which we are traversing anyway, so it's no big deal.
But you may have a point here. Imho MI is really useful in early and mid-stages of game, when you can abuse literally every boss just spamming skeletons on it. Judging by my experience, somewhere in merciless skellies become just cannon fodder and definitely not walking nukes, so this keystone can be refunded. But it will give you only one skillpoint back, and zombies with 7k+ hp will blow for 2500hp. Not bad inho.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my 1 week review of the build and questions. I didn't quote everyone but i read everything you wrote.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Thanks to everyone who replied to my 1 week review of the build and questions. I didn't quote everyone but i read everything you wrote.

+1 :)
IGN Riokar | My guides
Is it better to use RS in a 4 link +2 to minions helm or a 5-6 link chest?
"
kompaniet wrote:

6. I use this gem to add attack speed to my minions.
8. On the contrary. My facebreaker can do high level content with lvl 1 gems and doesn't require much passive skills at all. Just an example. I understand this is a mage build and mage builds require high level gems to do damage unlike melee builds that only require a good weapon but mage builds tend to require a million passive skills as well.

I play every class and build just like i did in diablo 2 where i had max level summoners. So i do like the summoner play style. Just need to optimize my charachter. I saw some videos of summoners clearing content better than me using snap shot. Might do that too.

well silumit answered your questions quite perfectly imo, but let me confirm his thoughts:

2. try out that +2 minion lvl helmet. from lvl 18 to 20 your zombies will gain about 1.5k hp witch should definitely help

4. I see you're running 2 60% auras. that may very well explain why you are thirsting for mana. maybe you could skip some ES nodes for now and invest in some aura nodes. the + aura effect nodes could buff your discipline too, compensating for the ES lost previously. another approach could involve dropping hatred for now and running purity instead. you would have plenty of mana until you're ready for the 2nd 60% aura, your zombies would be a bit tankier and itemizing should be easier too.

6. and you are still complaining about clear speed? you should have seen them pre 1.06 :D

7. don't get me wrong I think it's unlikely to beat any map boss having only put the core 55 points into this build. of course you need _almost_ double that number to consistently clear high lvl maps but around 55 is where this build starts to kick ass in an environment appropriate to its lvl and it only gets better from that point on.

8. well this only confirms facebreakers are op but it doesn't prove to me that melee builds are done at early lvls. on the other hand I don't know very much about melee builds, so you could be right on that?

if efficiency is what you want then yes, maybe snapshotting is the way to go. the dps surely is higher and if you go low life too you can stack auras to be massively op. but I share rathik's opinion on this and think snapshotting is heavily abusing the basic system of summoning while being very very expensive. this build doesn't want to be either...

your point on MI is well made and it's exactly as silumit says. I wouldn't have made it through cruel without it, so it served it's purpose but nowadays with the added leech to all minions I see them recover from very low hp. Albeit I'm not sure about the exact numbers, I feel like a few more attacks from a minion on 30% are worth more than the flat damage from it blowing up.

PS:
"
You're welcome :)
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Mar 21, 2014, 4:24:08 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

:-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info