Burned Miscreation - how do you increase it's damage

So a lot of different statements out there. Not sure what to believe. There might even be a bug, or 5, because this is really inconsistent.

So here is a list, does the following increase the damage of Unrighteous Fire from Burned Miscreation.

1. Trap support gem
2. Mine support gem
3. Passives that increase trap/mine damage
4. Minion Damage SUPPORT GEM
5. Minion Damage PASSIVES
6. Increased Burning Damage SUPPORT GEM
7. Increased Burning Damage PASSIVES
8. Increased Fire damage PASSIVES
9. Damage Over Time PASSIVES
10. If trap and mine work, do they both stack

It's hard to test, but some real inconsistencies with these. For example minion damage gem appears to work, but minion damage passives don't seem to work (only appear to increase melee hits). Burning damage from passives doesn't seem to work, but burning damage from the gem appears to work (hard to tell honestly).

Last bumped on Apr 4, 2018, 1:35:34 AM
"
Melkrow wrote:
1. Trap support gem
Yes
"
Melkrow wrote:
2. Mine support gem
Yes
"
Melkrow wrote:
3. Passives that increase trap/mine damage
No
"
Melkrow wrote:
4. Minion Damage SUPPORT GEM
Yes
"
Melkrow wrote:
5. Minion Damage PASSIVES
Yes
"
Melkrow wrote:
6. Increased Burning Damage SUPPORT GEM
Yes
"
Melkrow wrote:
7. Increased Burning Damage PASSIVES
No
"
Melkrow wrote:
8. Increased Fire damage PASSIVES
No
"
Melkrow wrote:
9. Damage Over Time PASSIVES
No
"
Melkrow wrote:
10. If trap and mine work, do they both stack
Yes

"
Melkrow wrote:
It's hard to test, but some real inconsistencies with these. For example minion damage gem appears to work, but minion damage passives don't seem to work (only appear to increase melee hits).
You're mistaken. There's no difference between the two.
"
Melkrow wrote:
Burning damage from passives doesn't seem to work, but burning damage from the gem appears to work (hard to tell honestly).
That's not inconsistent at all. Your minions are not you, and do not have your passive skills. If you take a passive skill that increases burning damage you deal, that doesn't, and can't, have any effect on your minion, which has no such skill. The only passives that affect minions explicitly states that: "minion damage" modifiers (from passives or support gem, there's no difference) are a shorthand for "minions you summon get 'increased damage'".
A support gem you put on the minion skill is giving a bonus to the minions. The passive skill you take on your character is giving a bonus to your character. The only case where the same stat on both has the same effect is "minion damage", where the skill is just getting more "minion damage" bonuses just like the ones from your gear, but only for that skill, rather than copying the support to the minion.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 7, 2014, 9:05:52 PM
Thank you Mark!! You are a savior! Wish I could do something for you!
so trap and mine damage passives don't increase the damage of the minions even if they're summoned from a trap/mine?
weird, heard from so many sources that minion dmg support gem doesnt enhance burning misscreations damage.
IGN: FoxyWhite
"
haplessG00N wrote:
so trap and mine damage passives don't increase the damage of the minions even if they're summoned from a trap/mine?

I can only think you just get the base bonus which is still decent for mine or trap.
I just grabbed one the other day with just minion damage in Lunaris as we went to piety and it was melting up a storm. Of course, got one shot by her but it already seemed quite good.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Jan 7, 2014, 10:45:33 PM
"
haplessG00N wrote:
No. "increased trap damage" is a bonus on you that increases the damage that you do with trapped skills. It's equivalent to "increased damage dealt with trapped skills".
Just like your "increased damage" modifiers don't pass to your minions because those a bonuses you have and they don't, your "increased damage dealt with trapped skills" modifiers don't either (and if they did, they wouldn't apply since the minions aren't using traps).
Hey Mark,

How about Concentrated Effect?
Does that work on their unrighteous fire?
Yes.
Hi!

I wonder if it has always been this way or if something was changed with the recent DoT/Degen patch.

Because there are tons of experiments with BM's and each single one states that Minion Damage does not affect Unrighteous Fire at all. However all those findings were made before said patch.

Mark? Daniel?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info