[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Updated.

Apart from the 2 extra minion nodes in the Gravepact cluster and the middle ES nodes nothing else was changed.

The 4th node from witch starting became a 12%/12% life/mana, really cool for the life builds.

Scions life nodes got nerfed so you get more value to get the life nodes from the templar side.
Kinda debatable, feel free to choose your path, it wont effect the build.

If someone spots a mistake please let me know and I'll correct it.

Regards

EDIT

The changes to the skill tree did not nerf the build one bit. It actually got a bit buffed with the new life/mana node and the 2 extra minion nodes. Energy shield is pretty much more or less the same.
Also now you can get Elemental Adaptation for 1 skill point for +2 all max resistances.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Mar 5, 2014, 6:39:16 PM
Hey bro, what are you thinking of running instead of BMs now?
just used my reset now and as rathik is saying: this change is a buff for this build. thanks to less ES-points near the scion start, there are even more points available now to allocate. Even the Charisma cluster seems reachable now.

I used this opportunity to spec out of double curses and MI. the offerings and desecrate keep my hotkeys filled, my summons alive, buff them and by that keep me save. though those points where very nice to use, especially during leveling, they simply aren't needed anymore.
I'm only using temp chains nowadays, but i don't really know why, old habit I guess. the same is true for arc but is there a more convenient way to smash those urns?

anyways thank you again rathik for this build and for keeping it up2date through all these patches
"
dagoncrowgg wrote:
Hey bro, what are you thinking of running instead of BMs now?

I never used BM before, I never liked them.
I use unduying evangelist or tentacles.

Make sure you don't use a specter that lags the rest of the players in your group like fireball specters.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Updated.

Apart from the 2 extra minion nodes in the Gravepact cluster...

That cluster has had 6 nodes for a while.
Last edited by TigerSpook on Mar 5, 2014, 7:38:33 PM
Totally mistook your guide for someone else's, sorry for asking dumb questions. Thank you for your prompt response!
Sorry for some stupid questions here - stumbled across this while looking for a new build to try in the new leagues. I'm confused about how this is labeled as 'Newbie Friendly' when the only leveling information points over to the generic "how to level any character" thread which talks about all sorts of gear that a newbie is not going to have access to, so that's not really helping much...there's no information that I'm seeing about quest reward gems to take while you're leveling other than the bandit ones (which is helpful). I took a look at the 'Current life gear' post which is also helpful but is end-game gear and you have to fill in some gaps to figure out which gems to take when. I'm guessing based on comments in the writeup to focus on Ethereal Knives as your main attack while building up the Minion gems/sockets and then switch to primarily using them...?

As a comparison you may want to look at:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072

There the poster fills in a lot of gaps in terms of what/when/where/how that helps on the Newbie side of things.

Thanks.

Bro, your guide is too large, i cant even know how to start this build.
Could you split the leveling guide by levels? Like lvl 20, 40, 60, etc...
"
Resurgere wrote:
Bro, your guide is too large, i cant even know how to start this build.
Could you split the leveling guide by levels? Like lvl 20, 40, 60, etc...

It is split up like that. In the leveling section.
Is CI the best way to go or is life/low life builds end up as better alternative for faster clearing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info