[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
xRaimon wrote:
Hello I want to level a summoner on ambush league, I only have one character 79 Ground Slam marauder but a few friends helped me with leveling uniques.

Could you explain what gem skills do you use for leveling?

Thank you.

You should be able to use my tree guide from the top of page 74 on Ambush (particularly since it won't be HC so risk of death isn't the same issue).

[ The following assumes no drastic changes in Quest Rewards in 1.1.0 ]

Detonate Dead or Fire Trap can be used for additional DPS until Zombies are strong enough to kill reliably

Raise Zombie (Primary Minion)
Summon Raging Spirit (use instead of Spark/Fireball/etc) it scales with Minion Tree Nodes
Clarity
Raise Spectre
Flesh Offering

Rush a Templar or Shadow to A2 to complete Intruders in Black. This lets you pick up Summon Skeleton and Desecrate. Templar to A3 for the second Offering (Bone) can speed up, although you will get a second offering choice a bit later.

When I leveled my 1.0.6 Summoner to test the changes (and see how it would do in the new league I ran with the following (traded/found the extra gems)

Zombie -> Minion Life -> Multistrike -> Melee Splash
Without the last 2 I would go Minion Damage , Added Fire Damage probably
Raging Spirit -> Melee Splash (Added Fire, Minion Damage or Melee Physical would work as well -> Cull -> IIR (the last 2 were for convenience)
Spectre -> Added Fire -> Concentrated Effect (Could also use increased AoE). This was mainly due to using Evangelists, change to fit your spectres of choice

Clarity, Hatred and Discipline as auras to pick from (as suited the map/mana considerations).

Desecrate
Flesh Offering and Vulnerability/Enfeeble/Temp Chains. Curse as desired, use Desecrate to power the Offerings (Flesh for DPS, Bone for tanking if needed).

All the core Gems are available directly for the Witch, or by early A2 for a second character (easy to obtain).
IGN: Tresmere, Mariela, Manyella
Usually online M-F 5-6p EST - Varies on Weekends.
Spell totem nerf hurt this build at all?
"
Zinsho wrote:
"
xRaimon wrote:
Hello I want to level a summoner on ambush league, I only have one character 79 Ground Slam marauder but a few friends helped me with leveling uniques.

Could you explain what gem skills do you use for leveling?

Thank you.

You should be able to use my tree guide from the top of page 74 on Ambush (particularly since it won't be HC so risk of death isn't the same issue).

[ The following assumes no drastic changes in Quest Rewards in 1.1.0 ]

Detonate Dead or Fire Trap can be used for additional DPS until Zombies are strong enough to kill reliably

Raise Zombie (Primary Minion)
Summon Raging Spirit (use instead of Spark/Fireball/etc) it scales with Minion Tree Nodes
Clarity
Raise Spectre
Flesh Offering

Rush a Templar or Shadow to A2 to complete Intruders in Black. This lets you pick up Summon Skeleton and Desecrate. Templar to A3 for the second Offering (Bone) can speed up, although you will get a second offering choice a bit later.

When I leveled my 1.0.6 Summoner to test the changes (and see how it would do in the new league I ran with the following (traded/found the extra gems)

Zombie -> Minion Life -> Multistrike -> Melee Splash
Without the last 2 I would go Minion Damage , Added Fire Damage probably
Raging Spirit -> Melee Splash (Added Fire, Minion Damage or Melee Physical would work as well -> Cull -> IIR (the last 2 were for convenience)
Spectre -> Added Fire -> Concentrated Effect (Could also use increased AoE). This was mainly due to using Evangelists, change to fit your spectres of choice

Clarity, Hatred and Discipline as auras to pick from (as suited the map/mana considerations).

Desecrate
Flesh Offering and Vulnerability/Enfeeble/Temp Chains. Curse as desired, use Desecrate to power the Offerings (Flesh for DPS, Bone for tanking if needed).

All the core Gems are available directly for the Witch, or by early A2 for a second character (easy to obtain).

Thanks a lot for the reply, so it's better to 1st make a Templar "alt" for the gem skills needed for summoner in act 2 and act3? I'm a bit lazy about it but I guess it will save time in the long run.
Don't need to be that complex.

(Additional skillgems)
A1N Brutus = Summon Skeletons
A2N Intruders in Black = Desecrate
A3N Lost in Love = Bone Offering

Summon Skeletons is only available from Brutus, but so is Clarity (Which is also available from Brutus in Cruel and Lost in Love in Cruel)

Desecrate is only available from Intruders in Black, which also provides Raise Spectre (Which can be gotten from Lost in Love, but that means not getting Flesh Offering).

Bone and Flesh offerings are available from A3N Lost in Love, and then again from A1C Brutus.

You'll likely only need Flesh Offering in Normal, so delaying Bone Offering until Brutus in Cruel is not a real issue.

So your Templar or Shadow Alt only needs to clear Intruders in Black to get the additional gems that are 'necessary'. Add Sharp and Cruel for an extra support Gem. (Shouldn't take more than 3 hours to get all this, even without any rares to help speed the way)

Getting to Lost in Love is more work for less reward (you can get the gem later on with your Witch, without having to forego any important skill gems to do so.
IGN: Tresmere, Mariela, Manyella
Usually online M-F 5-6p EST - Varies on Weekends.
"
Zinsho wrote:
Don't need to be that complex.

(Additional skillgems)
A1N Brutus = Summon Skeletons
A2N Intruders in Black = Desecrate
A3N Lost in Love = Bone Offering

Summon Skeletons is only available from Brutus, but so is Clarity (Which is also available from Brutus in Cruel and Lost in Love in Cruel)

Desecrate is only available from Intruders in Black, which also provides Raise Spectre (Which can be gotten from Lost in Love, but that means not getting Flesh Offering).

Bone and Flesh offerings are available from A3N Lost in Love, and then again from A1C Brutus.

You'll likely only need Flesh Offering in Normal, so delaying Bone Offering until Brutus in Cruel is not a real issue.

So your Templar or Shadow Alt only needs to clear Intruders in Black to get the additional gems that are 'necessary'. Add Sharp and Cruel for an extra support Gem. (Shouldn't take more than 3 hours to get all this, even without any rares to help speed the way)

Getting to Lost in Love is more work for less reward (you can get the gem later on with your Witch, without having to forego any important skill gems to do so.

This is exactly what I needed thanks again this will help my newbie summoner for sure :)
"
Firewolx wrote:
So with no more increased item quantity on items and no more increased item quantity gem, what will this mean for summoners in the next patch?

Rathik's reply from a previous poster with the same question:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
You ll be stronger in defense and in offense. You'll just have less IIQ.

You will no longer feel obligated to drop defense/offense for MF stats.

Note that you can still acquire some IIQ from Uniques that grant it, albeit about 30% less than before the patch.

"
Asag wrote:
Pasive tree will be reseted? I hope for quick update.

Yes.
"
BlackYoshi7 wrote:
Spell totem nerf hurt this build at all?

For most people...no. There are some dual totem variations, but with 1.0.6 there really isnt any need (or any gem room) for a dual or even single totem as supplemental damage.

IMO, 1.0.6 separated dual totems and summoning as different specs. People would use dual totem or dual curse because there just weren't enough support abilities for summoners. Now there are.
IGN: Cimos_Baller
thanks
Is the build up to date with latest poe version? Ty
My IGN is TheFatality.
"
Annihilat0r wrote:
Is the build up to date with latest poe version? Ty

New skill tree isnt up yet, but this build should remain pretty much unchanged.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Mar 5, 2014, 3:09:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info