[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Totorilove1 wrote:
I'm in Nemesis right now with 7 Zombies and 2 Spectres. I'm level 73 and my minions are literally impossible to keep alive.

I can keep the Spectres alive no problem, but the zombies are just death after death.

My gems are all 20% but they're only level 16~ or so. There aren't higher gems available to buy in Nemesis, so I'm stuck levelling them myself.

Any recommendations? My passive tree has all the minion nodes that are recommended aside from the 3x Minion Damage + Extra Zombie/Skeleton node.

Hi, I'm level 78 right now, and doing maps up to 70 (haven't had good luck on drops). To me, the zombies started to live a lot after I changed my curses to temporal chains and enfeeble. Made a big difference. Running purity of elements also helped. After I got them to lvl 20 due to +2 helm, I dropped the "minion life" gem and so far no issues.
"
I started my summoner on 24 Nov, and should hit lvl 79 about 15 minutes after this post. My gear is nothing special at all; but it is adequate for the moment and my gems are all about 17. I too see my zombies dying all the time....but so what? I just summon more....

The issue doesn't lay with zombies dying.....it lays with summoning more in quickly. Sometimes packs will overwhelm us.

All those templars, duelists, rangers, etc etc etc... all have a nifty tool they use called a Decoy Totem. They use it when they get overwhelmed.

Guess what? We have a decoy totem of our own....on STERIODS! Yup, it's that summon skeleton + spell totem + faster casting. In this configuration, the skele's do crapola damage......but they will gladly distract the mobs so you can summon more zombies to do the actual killing.

So, if you see (or think) that you will get overwhelmed....throw that totem out and cast those curses. And WHEN (not if) needed, summon MOAR zombies.

Spoiler
Current Gear

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Im following witch life build and i wonder how many respec points I would need to switch later to CI?
"
Sadaukar wrote:

I was just wondering, if u ever thought about skilling Elemental Equilibrium and/or Necromantic Aegis.

?
Hi I've been following your guide for awhile and am kind of confused where to go with my skill tree at this point. I've been finding that I die at harder battles somewhat often and that I run out of mana fairly quickly as well. Here is my tree and equips.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MRUBGWFdcXLxpsHNwdFB2qJ6ko-ilPKpgspiy_L280CjdmN4M62DvhRnFI5025TdhV1lYtVmNXK1qRZOdnvWqsa9ttGW-ecLtzU30Yfll_xoCkgseDCYVghq6IQIhCjHaPRpAzkNaTJ5uhna6io6aspuunCKcrqH2qxKx_tAy4k7vWv5fBxcHzwzrDbck9ykrMvNDQ0_vXhtkL2RPhiOL35CLmgeq66-7sGOw47Irub_Id8h731_no-oD60g==

First of all I was wondering if it was worth it to take out the 2 less mana reserved nodes in favor of the 2 8% buff increase nodes which will give me more mana regen, elemental defense and ES but less total mana... so not sure if its worth the trade off... Next I'm just kinda confused where to go with my skill tree at this point leveling is really slow now... I'm thinking either the bigger body and soul circle for more survivability or going for dual curse... theres also Zealot's oath but I'm not exactly convinced its worth getting. Anyway feedback on the usefulness of it? Also I know my equips are pretty shit. Just don't have much space in my inv and am not really great at flipping items so I end up vendoring a lot of rares that I could probly make some decent profit off. Also mostly use Archmages from barracks as spectres so I get some shock stack going. Any insight on whats the best gems to use with them for 4L? Any advice would be great, thx.
Last edited by Battosai03 on Dec 11, 2013, 4:10:47 PM
Hi I'm a bit confused about the leveling guide, should i use EK or rain of arrows? to use bow or a 1h with shield? I'm quite new please let me know, because i always found there is some contrast between the leveling guide under this thread and the power leveling guide..some items, skills, gems suggestion looks different...which confused me as a newbie
oOAmbushTemplarOo (Ambush)
oOMiniMinionsOo (Standard)
Last edited by bloodangel825 on Dec 11, 2013, 8:19:37 PM
@ Rathik hey Ive posted 3 times so far and got no answer, anyways I am lvl 72 with the build and I am confused about somethings. The first thing is the exact requirements for the Discipline + Purity + Hatred + Reduced mana setup I have 1552 mana and have less than 100 left over after following your advice on the nodes above the scion start point the two nodes before the "leadership" nodes. How much more mana could I possibly ned to run this setup? Ill post my gear for reference because it is more than what I see in your videos. BTW my resistances are close to capped only 72% in lighting replacing my currecnt kite shield with one with double AR roll will solve this as well as getting the 2 8% nodes from the tree. Speaking of tree why did you spec out of the shaper node? Do I need the "Path of Savant" node before getting the mana reserved nodes by scion first? Also if your res are capped do you need to run it for your minnons? I am guessing its a good idea until there lvl 20? If that's the case then I can forget all about the setup to begin with! Lastly and finally what are your thoughts on Montreguls Grasp? I would and like to get one. Along with the distilite flask to try it out looks pretty nice as something to aim for in the long run something to keep you playing. Hoping I can get an in depth answer from you thank you!

"
Battosai03 wrote:
Hi I've been following your guide for awhile and am kind of confused where to go with my skill tree at this point. I've been finding that I die at harder battles somewhat often and that I run out of mana fairly quickly as well.

You are complaining about mana issues, yet you have a level 17 Arc? Arc is not used for damage in this build. It should remain at level 1.
"
bloodangel825 wrote:
Hi I'm a bit confused about the leveling guide, should i use EK or rain of arrows? to use bow or a 1h with shield? I'm quite new please let me know, because i always found there is some contrast between the leveling guide under this thread and the power leveling guide..some items, skills, gems suggestion looks different...which confused me as a newbie

You can level with ANYTHING that works. Many people level with Cleave, but any skill that damages multiple enemies are good when leveling.

I followed this guide, but leveled using Fireball. Perhaps not the most efficient choice, but it worked until my minions became strong enough. EK seems like a solid choice. Rain of Arrows works too.

You should go Shield when reaching higher difficulties and/or want the extra protection it gives. In Merciless you should definitely go shield to up your resistances, imho.
This is what the build brought me so far in 2 weeks of playing.

Started on clean character lvl 1-84.

Spoiler
GEAR

"
Currency

all self found and crafted gear.
Once again thank you for creating this most awesome and best build ever! <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info