Unable to Map File error report search!

---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile for chunk header.. Error Code: 1450 Offset: 5677318144 Size: 63395
unable to mapviewoffile in mapchunk. error code: 8 offset: 938606592 size: 16705089

in 4x time i do enter instance i get this or other crash ... i cant play anymore
I've been playing several hours without problem on my SB audigy card with medium texture. seems that medium texture is the part that solve the problem for me.

couldn't play the day I planned, I've been waiting for the week-end.

maybe that's not so much due to the texture than the sheer size of the map.
I think I first noticed my problem about these errors on the act II map "crossroads", that seemed quite big to me.

anyway, I hope it'll get fixed, so I can play with high texture.
I've noticed that even switching back to high once I'm out of town trigger the same error on the last levels. that was not the case in the sarn slum for examples, or in the aqueduct.
Everytime I yank a jawbone from a skull, then ram it in an eyesocket, I know I'm buildin' a better future !
Last edited by misatokitkat on Mar 9, 2013, 3:52:07 PM
unable to mapviewoffile in mapchunk.error code 8 offset
3980853248 size 15134819
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 3002204160 Size: 22392402
OK

I get these a lot, this is the first one i've ever copied and pasted into here though. Really annoying, is there any agreed common fix for this yet? Even if not endorsed by GGG? Is there any common factor between them all??

Dave
it apparently has to do with the memory taken up by the game, so you have 2 ways to reduce the problem :

-add -gc 2 in the shortcut to launch the game
-play using medium instead of high texture

I use both (I can use high textures until act II but I need to get to medium before teleporting to the first map of act III) and the errors have practically ceased.
Everytime I yank a jawbone from a skull, then ram it in an eyesocket, I know I'm buildin' a better future !
Unable to map view of file in mapchunk. Error code: 8 Offset: 2918318080 size: 22392402.
I get these "offset" errors as well, even when running with 'gc -2' and medium textures.
Still happened to me, despite having upgraded to 4GB RAM, Medium texture, 800x600 Windowed resolution, Trilinear buffering, no Vsync, no anti-aliasing, no Shadows, and -gc 2. I'd upgrade to 64-bit Windows, but my laptop was originally 32-bit, and I don't think its hardware is capable to support 64-bit.

The weird thing is that this happens only (okay, 95% of the time) in Act 3.

Last edited by zequeins on Mar 24, 2013, 1:36:13 PM

keep crashing every 30m
Last edited by BanhChung on Mar 24, 2013, 9:20:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info