Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
My guess is: supporter said so, Rory never questioned the decision for even a second.

I personally don't believe that's a very good reason.

I find it hard to imagine any supporter specifying that their item should be a particular base.

I think it's more likely GGG decided that the item shouldn't be accessed easily or early in the game. Not that I believe that's a very good reason either. But just seems more likely.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
My guess is: supporter said so, Rory never questioned the decision for even a second.

I find it hard to imagine any supporter specifying that their item should be a particular base.

I think it's more likely GGG decided that the item shouldn't be accessed easily or early in the game. Not that I believe that's a very good reason either. But just seems more likely.

All the uniques i've ever designed while planning to get a 1k pack have been for specific bases.
"
ignarsoll wrote:

Looks like item's creator is a poet and here is the full version of the flavour text;

Spoiler
Stone still, amidst the reeds, boots dressed in stinking mud,
breath fogging in the iron cold air.
Unmoving he sits, a vigil, a game of chess, hunting,
his foe unseen, changing the rules at a whim.
The denizens of the waterside pay him no mind,
coots, like bald fryers, glide past, off to matins in the bulrush.
Robins, bankside beggars, lurk close by, asking for alms,
glad of the maggots, wriggling in a futile bid for freedom.
He shifts leaden feet, wrings ice-veined hands,
eyes never waver from the solitary red float, riding the chop in the margins.
His hand tightens over cork, a bob? A twitch? No, no bite.
His net lays dry beside him, unused, maybe will remain so,
he sits, he waits, he watches.
A piscatorial vigil, sat by the river,
his cathedral, his patience his unanswered prayer.

thats hardly a poem, no rhymes, no metrical form - basically bad prose that uses "enter key" at will to make a line

but that wand is a beautiful thing: yet another unique that 75% of the player population will never get to use
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Jun 4, 2014, 6:03:46 AM
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Starting developing with the base is a technique to "build" on.

I guess he wanted to avoid getting the numbers on the item nerfed, which is a common disbelieve that lowlevelitems require low numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
This looks like another one of those items that everyone will say sucks and will whine about getting this useless shitty unique...until someone finally figures out how it's supposed to be used. Then it will become the next flavor of the month build item and sell for 50+ ex at which point people will whine for it to be nerfed and ask how GGG did such a terrible job testing it and allowed such a massively OP item into the game.
"
Hodari wrote:
This looks like another one of those items that everyone will say sucks and will whine about getting this useless shitty unique...until someone finally figures out how it's supposed to be used. Then it will become the next flavor of the month build item and sell for 50+ ex at which point people will whine for it to be nerfed and ask how GGG did such a terrible job testing it and allowed such a massively OP item into the game.

Similarly to Lighting Coil,i remember how people bitched when it got introduced,i remember buying a 5l one for like 3 c.
Last edited by AusterlitZ on Jun 4, 2014, 7:00:33 AM
its a nice wand!

it has all (beside flat rolls of elemental dmg) i want on my wand. crit is decent, accuracy is on it (decent value) attack speed is okay (i prefer not highest atk. spd. due to mana hunger of ps). the guys who are not satisfied play standard and only look for those insane (but insane expensive) wands there in my eyes. and for the level -> ps on low levels is not funny. you start getting insanely stronger around that level so that fits just perfect. (in my opinion)

i have one of the best ambush ele wands and i have to get one of those to see if my dmg gets a + or not. then i will finally judge on it. for me if all say it sucks it will be less pricy -> means alot more can try at least a wander for cheap. (well not really cheap since you need crit+ weapon ele+decent resist on jewellery too)

i personally enjoy wanders atm the most in poe (range+culling+75%+ crit and still some notes to go for crit is simply amazing -> beware of ele reflect).

so if you dont want this wand sell your drop to me in ambush for cheap....:)

This wand is obviously nuts
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
Hodari wrote:

When has that exact scenario ever happened?

And I do mean exactly what you said there, not just a little bit of it.
Standard Forever
"
jstq wrote:
This wand is obviously nuts

Its also well desiged to be more of a stepping stone like bino's is.
10/10, well done. Also the poem is in free form and if you actually read it there is a well written flow to it and it is quite mellifluous.
Hopefully the 3d art is beastly. We need more epic wands. This looks like the supreme truth almost.
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info