Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
iamstryker wrote:
Common verses everything else. Common can drop outside of maps at the very least. Charans sword is an exception that wouldn't really matter in this issue since its uncommon so it won't be cluttering up the end game with worthless uniques like others are now.

So what happens when a "common" item that is still rare/good enough to be worth a few exalts don't drop in maps? Also what about common items with wide rolls that are valuable with good rolls, for example I have picked up a pair of perfect facebreakers while mapping.

Again you want some arbitrary rules to save you the hassle of getting some common uniques instead of white items. Not everyone agrees with your definition of what should and shouldn't drop and as such any such rule set will be flawed.

"
iamstryker wrote:
I don't see the problem. Commons would still be everywhere and very accessible. People can say "just vendor them" all day but that doesn't mean that this isn't an issue for a lot of players. The devs are smart people I am sure they can come up with better solutions to this than me but the current system of vedoring uniques in mass quantity feels absurd. Its also only going to get worse with more common uniques being added in nearly every patch.

But what about the players that want to map while still being able to get common uniques, why are your needs greater than theirs?

Also, vending mass quantity is quite the exaggeration. With my MF char I might get 3-5 common uniques a day, hardly a chore to vendor them if I don't want to keep them.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"hit with lightning damage" on the chance to shock stat is shorthand for "hit with damage of a type that can shock" because people were constantly complaining that, e.g. linking chance to ignite to ice nova didn't work.

If your chaos damage can shock, then chance to shock applies - it's effectively included as "lightning damage" for purposes of determining if you shock, and if so how hard.

Given the recent use of "your [type] damage can [status]" seen here and on Soul Taker, we may reconsider these descriptions to remove that part.

you need to rewrite some shit then.

no offense.

shit is not clear as written.
"
dimraiden wrote:
Sorry for be an ass..but the Art of "Voltaxic" its so awful, they did better job with the art of previous bows.

You can't say the art itself is bad, you just don't like the way it looks. The standards of quality are fine.
EAT IT UP Y U CAN NICE AZZ HELM
That bow is awesome. It's powerful but not overbearingly powerful (see also: Soul Taker), and it has an awesome effect.
Voltaxic Rift is probably now my favourite bow, narrowly beating out Death's Harp.
Code warrior
"
Redblade wrote:

So what happens when a "common" item that is still rare/good enough to be worth a few exalts don't drop in maps?

I don't think that exists or will ever exist. Do you have some kind of example?

"
Also what about common items with wide rolls that are valuable with good rolls, for example I have picked up a pair of perfect facebreakers while mapping.

Can facebreakers only roll perfect if they are found in maps? I am unaware of any unique needing to be found in maps to achieve perfect rolls.

"
Again you want some arbitrary rules to save you the hassle of getting some common uniques instead of white items. Not everyone agrees with your definition of what should and shouldn't drop and as such any such rule set will be flawed.

I never said everyone does agree. It wouldn't be a perfectly logical system but nothing really is in this game, everything requires you to learn. I've seen many players say that they think it would make more sense for the twink uniques to only drop where they might be much more appreciated.

"
But what about the players that want to map while still being able to get common uniques, why are your needs greater than theirs?

I'm sure those people will still exist but under a system that I have imagined I don't really see how it would be much of a problem for them. They can still EASILY trade for a common or find them elsewhere in the game. I won't say my needs are greater than theirs, just a vastly different opinion and perspective. I'm not going to keep quiet just because others might disagree.

"
Also, vending mass quantity is quite the exaggeration. With my MF char I might get 3-5 common uniques a day, hardly a chore to vendor them if I don't want to keep them.

Mass quantity is just a matter of perspective. If I vendored 5 uniques in one day it would feel like a ton to me because each one was a big dissappointment. My perspective was never that its a chore to vendor them. Its more than uniques are greatly devalued in this game as a whole because people see them as garbage instead of something to be excited about. Under a different system this would be greatly alleviated.
Standard Forever
"
Rhys wrote:
Voltaxic Rift is probably now my favourite bow, narrowly beating out Death's Harp.

meh then should be called Defiler or something because remembers me much the cartoonish/colorful sc2 zerg units.

PD: Two more uniques left.
Last edited by dimraiden on Aug 21, 2013, 12:35:50 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
I don't think that exists or will ever exist. Do you have some kind of example?

Not that's worth exalts no, but a fair few items that are worth a few chaos are "common" already, Voll's devotion comes to mind as does Perandus.

"
iamstryker wrote:
Can facebreakers only roll perfect if they are found in maps? I am unaware of any unique needing to be found in maps to achieve perfect rolls.

Of cource they can roll perfect outside maps, that's besides the point, you want to deny people from being able to gain said chance at perfect rolls in maps.

"
iamstryker wrote:
I never said everyone does agree. It wouldn't be a perfectly logical system but nothing really is in this game, everything requires you to learn. I've seen many players say that they think it would make more sense for the twink uniques to only drop where they might be much more appreciated.

No you didn't but your suggestion is exclusionary as opposed to the current system that is all inclusive, you want to deny people something in favor of your desires.

"
iamstryker wrote:
I'm sure those people will still exist but under a system that I have imagined I don't really see how it would be much of a problem for them. They can still EASILY trade for a common or find them elsewhere in the game. I won't say my needs are greater than theirs, just a vastly different opinion and perspective. I'm not going to keep quiet just because others might disagree.

You don't see it being an issue to them, much as I don't see an issue for you to vendor a few items every now and then, the difference is that again your suggestion excludes options for players.

"
iamstryker wrote:
Mass quantity is just a matter of perspective. If I vendored 5 uniques in one day it would feel like a ton to me because each one was a big dissappointment. My perspective was never that its a chore to vendor them. Its more than uniques are greatly devalued in this game as a whole because people see them as garbage instead of something to be excited about. Under a different system this would be greatly alleviated.

This seems like an entitlement issue, you expect uniques to be good when they drop instead of just being a bonus. Uniques are not devalued as a whole, some are just worth more than others. You're not missing out because a low level unique drops, it didn't replace a Shavronne's Wrappings or a Soul Taker.

Personally I'm excited every time a unique drop, if it's good is obviously a bonus but in no way am I expecting it to be.

Your argument taken to the extreme would mean we should remove bad rolled rares from maps as well, I mean it drops so many of them and far from all are good.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Rhys wrote:

Why Thank you!

-Does major happy dance-

No in all honesty i love how its turned out, in testing and how its being taken by you guys!
IGN: Tempeststorm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info