Unique Item List - 300 of 419

i want meself a VOLT
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
With Static Blows, a quality ALD gem, and the 10% from the bow, it would have a 40% chance to shock along with doing Chaos damage. Wonder how an Added Chaos Damage gem would work with that bow as well?

This is false. Quality ALD adds "+0.5% Chance to Shock the enemy on hit with Lightning Damage" per quality point.

With that bow, you deal no lightning damage to enemies.

Static blows is similar.

If I can get my hands on that bow I will try some tests out with LA as well as Static Blows and ALD to see if the shock does stack by chance, even though you TECHNICALLY don't do lightning damage. Should be easy to see the frequency changes. However, with that said, one thing you forgot to mention is the fact that the Added Lightning Damage gem has a second quality bonus and one that's very important...improved Shock Duration. It's a total of 20% and when you're trying to stack shocks, the duration IS important, so along with the flat Lightning damage you are also getting longer shock duration, which means more chances to stack shocks.

shock duration is good, i just wouldn't consider it worthy of an entire gem slot.

if you need shock duration that bad, thunderfist alone is +100% shock duration

20Q LA also gives 30% shock duration which is pretty substantial.

gem slots are valuable. added lightning damage without the shock chance seems pretty weak. id run other gems.
Last edited by tikitaki on Aug 20, 2013, 11:44:16 PM
Sorry for be an ass..but the Art of "Voltaxic" its so awful, they did better job with the art of previous bows.
"hit with lightning damage" on the chance to shock stat is shorthand for "hit with damage of a type that can shock" because people were constantly complaining that, e.g. linking chance to ignite to ice nova didn't work.

If your chaos damage can shock, then chance to shock applies - it's effectively included as "lightning damage" for purposes of determining if you shock, and if so how hard.

Given the recent use of "your [type] damage can [status]" seen here and on Soul Taker, we may reconsider these descriptions to remove that part.
HEHE im so happy since im currently building a RoA witch and CI benefices of the new bow so much

also i was expecting this bow with a huge elemental roll
i wonder if all the electric nodes affect the final dps ?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"hit with lightning damage" on the chance to shock stat is shorthand for "hit with damage of a type that can shock" because people were constantly complaining that, e.g. linking chance to ignite to ice nova didn't work.

If your chaos damage can shock, then chance to shock applies - it's effectively included as "lightning damage" for purposes of determining if you shock, and if so how hard.

Given the recent use of "your [type] damage can [status]" seen here and on Soul Taker, we may reconsider these descriptions to remove that part.

Sweet, thanks for clearing that up Mark. Won't have to do all of those tests when I finally get done downloading the patch and try to get this bow. :p Now to do some more plotting and scheming.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Aug 20, 2013, 11:53:35 PM
I'm still waiting on someone posting a screenshot of something shocked with this
"
"
exit_zero wrote:

That was fast. 1/3

But why make a low level marohi erqi?

I bet this would go great with reave at lower levels. (assuming reave works with 2H)
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Aug 20, 2013, 11:53:42 PM
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
"
exit_zero wrote:

That was fast. 1/3

But why make a low level marohi erqi?

I bet this would go great with reave at lower levels. (assuming reave works with 2H)

reave is claw, dagger and 1h swords only
"%^#*##*%$#&^&(&(%$^*&" - Flameblast 1.0.4
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I'm still waiting on someone posting a screenshot of something shocked with this

Sorry to ask another question, but didn't want to requote your original explanation. In regards to Chance to Shock and what not, how does this apply to the Conductivity curse? I figure the shock chance will apply as you stated, but what about the reduced lightning resistance? Will that have any bearing on the damage, or will it not matter? Gut instinct is telling me 'no' since the damage the bow will ultimately do is Chaos, but just want to be sure. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info