Officially Supported Linux Client

532, runs badly in WINE especially with AMD.

Just the couple straggling games are the only thing that I have to boot into Windows for. POE is sadly one of my hangups that forces me to switch.

Same story everytime, can't use linux because games and devs who don't care.
535, PlayonLinux craps up the audio and doesn't run good. Or maybe it's just my computer
Wieners and dongs
Last edited by narrr1 on Sep 7, 2014, 11:21:54 AM

I'm not going back to Windows, even if Play om Linux performance with this game leaves much to be desired.
Spoiler
I'm tired to reboot my computer to play POE
538 need this now more than anything.
Quick Fix: In PlayOnLinux: in the menu, click Tools / Wine Versions. In this window, select a version of Wine for installation (1.7.19-WGL_WINE_surface2 is a good choice as of this writing). Newer versions of Wine may have regressions, for example, 1.7.26 has issues with Path of Exile. I recommend an x86 version of Wine for best compatibility, although currently you may have to select amd64 if you require the highest texture quality setting in PoE. After selecting your version, press the right arrow in the window and follow the simple prompts to install Wine. After that finishes, close the Wine Versions window.

Step 4) If it is not already open, open up the PlayOnLinux configuration window again, click on the name of the virtual drive that we made (PoE).

- Click the "Display" tab.

- Select "disabled" in the drop-down box next to "GLSL Support". (This setting may only work on Nvidia cards. In addition, a few UI graphics glitches are to be expected, which seems to be a small price to pay for freedom from FPS drops.)

Source: [http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine]

This new wine version selection worked for me [FPS/lag]
540! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info