Officially Supported Linux Client

I would love to be able to run PoE on my Linux box!!! The only reason I use Windows is for certain games that aren't available for Linux.

P.S. Microsoft, you suck for making a monopoly, and putting your crap on a majority of computers.

I just redid my computer within the last week, and I've yet to reinstall my Linux partition specifically because the main game I play right now is PoE, and I don't want to deal with the issue that come with running a non native game on Linux, as well as the issues that PoE already has right now. Having a native client would at least give me this option back. Something I definitely want.

I'm currently using Windows 7, but I'd love to play and keep supporting POE after I change to linux in few months.
I think 52 pages of posts deserve some opinion from GGG...
ara va de bo, que de bo va!
I wanted to add my vote as well. Once I've played out my games for windows I will only be messing with gnu linux or ps4 games. Not sure if I will even bother with dual boot. Steam is working better on linux and with new consoles I don't have much interest in hanging around on windows or upgrading to win 8. Windows 7 has been great for me though.
There are actual Linux porting systems, libraries that allow for porting windows programs to linux and it is not all that expensive. Worth looking into. There actual windows libraries ported to work in windows. Its a fraction of the cost of porting a full program.
I can only play PoE at work, because my personal computer have only Linux. And it's quite old too, so maybe even with Windows it wouldn't work, but I'm planning to get a new one, and it's also going to be Linux-only. It's been one of the main reason why I didn't buy the Open Beta supporter pack.
Please remove the chained naked women from the UI, thanks GGG!
Running OpenBSD, game works but wine can be a problem some times...

I upgraded my openSUSE install to 13.1, it somewhat screwed pathofexile in wine 1.7.7 (something about the application requiring 2 backbuffers but only one is supported).

So i really hope there will someday exist a native client (even via steam if necessary).
"
Tenosrized wrote:
Running OpenBSD, game works but wine can be a problem some times...

openbsd can wrap linux binaries, right?

I mean, we'll all benefit from this port.
ara va de bo, que de bo va!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info