Officially Supported Linux Client

I'd love to have a Linux client, I haven't used Windows in quite some time, but I'm missing Path of Exile.
"
triadruid wrote:
This game is quite literally the only thing I reboot into Windows for anymore. As such I don't play very often, but would play more/contribute more if I could run it from Linux directly.
+1
Last edited by Narvdin on Oct 14, 2013, 7:15:52 AM
Would be great to see PoE on the Steam Linux client and on SteamOS! I have tried playing through Wine however it is ridiculously laggy.

CPU: 3770k @ 4.8GHz

GPU: GTX 690 @ Stock

RAM: 16GB @ 2400MHz

SSD: 240GB

Until then I'll continue playing Dota 2 on Steam. At least the day PoE makes it to Linux, I'll have a lot of new content to play through and learn about. :)
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games
~400. path of exile is the only reason to have ms windows on my thinkpad
Started: July 16, 2013
Achievements: 84/84
Prophecy: 40/40
Perandus: 37/40
Chris already said they intend to add wine regression testing to their workflow. How officially do you need it supported? I already said this thread is pointless, we aren't making GGG recreate everything in OpenGL instead of DirectX for a native Linux client.

Just use wine or a DX9 supporting VM. No need to dual-boot Windows for PoE. This thread seriously should be locked, its presence is just mis-informative to people wondering about Linux support.
Last edited by ionface on Oct 15, 2013, 9:53:15 AM
well, the counting went to hell... anyways, BIG +1 from me and i have at 4 friends who i have discussed this with. +5
"
ionface wrote:
Chris already said they intend to add wine regression testing to their workflow. How officially do you need it supported? I already said this thread is pointless, we aren't making GGG recreate everything in OpenGL instead of DirectX for a native Linux client.

Just use wine or a DX9 supporting VM. No need to dual-boot Windows for PoE. This thread seriously should be locked, its presence is just mis-informative to people wondering about Linux support.

For now, it just doesn't work well on Linux, it does in a laggy way and with terrible settings required. This is my experience at least.
from Italy
I try to play it in WINE now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info