Facebreaker Nerf

"
ventiman wrote:
"
AllGodsDie wrote:
Seems more like a reaction to facebreakers surge of popularity. Not really fair to nerf a old niche item because you later added unbalanced items that support it.

i think you should watch nastakanoth twich video in which he kills temple piety in one cyclone attack

@ nastakanoth thats the fucking point of a beta to test things and to balance them and yes i share your opinion with the new axe and shavronnes

Errr, maybe you didn't notice, but she had around 5% hp already, with energy shield replenished.

I don't think facebreaker's need a nerf at all, and I play a ranged build. Infact most melee builds still pale in comparison to any ranged build with decent gear, and that's specially noticeable when playing in a group: by the time you get near the mobs, they've been already mow'ed down by the ranged.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
"
Ntk wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:
"
AllGodsDie wrote:
Seems more like a reaction to facebreakers surge of popularity. Not really fair to nerf a old niche item because you later added unbalanced items that support it.

i think you should watch nastakanoth twich video in which he kills temple piety in one cyclone attack

@ nastakanoth thats the fucking point of a beta to test things and to balance them and yes i share your opinion with the new axe and shavronnes

Errr, maybe you didn't notice, but she had around 5% hp already, with energy shield replenished.

I don't think facebreaker's need a nerf at all, and I play a ranged build. Infact most melee builds still pale in comparison to any ranged build with decent gear, and that's specially noticeable when playing in a group: by the time you get near the mobs, they've been already mow'ed down by the ranged.
Agree with this in general. With my ranger I would be able to start hitting mobs from across the screen and then kite if needed. Most mobs were dead before they even got to me. As a ranged character you're able to give up survivability for DPS. I've had to sacrifice a number of passive points for nodes like "resists while holding a shield" with my facebreaker build due to a lack of equipment slots. Eventually I'd like to get high resist rings/neck/boots so I can reallocate them but I'm far too poor to buy any.

Makes me want to go back and play my ranger a bit now.
Shit, my facebreakers is my main character, and is fully decked around the facebreakers. If they change the gloves, they can give me back my few exalts back that I had to spend on resist/phy/life/mana steal rings and resist/phylife ammy.

Facebreaker is ok, it's not easy to get max resist and to get enough life, since you are missing life on few slots (gloves, shield). I have 3k life with my lvl 77 duelist.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Nastakanoth wrote:

Facebreaker/BoR is not the optimal weapon or gear to use - however in order to beat it you need a really good weapon - like Soul Taker and 6L armor with 2000 armor and a helm with 1000 armor. :-) You could then trade the Blood magic gem and the Life leech gem for more DPS. Nerfing Facebreaker but not the other OP items is a huge fail IMO.

If you are going to aim for using 1H wep (you can get a really good one at half the price of soul taker), and if you are going for 6L, you might as well go BoR. Of course, you will end up losing res because you cannot wear chest armor, but you can make up for it with a glove and a shield having life and res. Facebreaker with BoR, you already have two gear slots gone, and the glove slot for FB itself. That is already three slots gone with the potential of having more life/res and even attack speed.

You have to start being creative with how you can make up those deficiency. You can easily get phy dmg affix in rings and amulets, but can you get life and res as well without any difficulty under a tight budget of less than 1 exalted.

Also, you would have to brainstorm more on what to do with the passive tree. Will you sacrifice armor nodes to get more res. You can straight up go life nodes, but eh, what is the fun in that.

Pretty much, going FB and BoR means you need to get Meginord's Girdle, and again you will lose out a bit in HP and res.

If you do not build around FB and BoR correctly, you will end up shooting yourself in the foot.

I made my FB + BoR interesting by adding Blood Dance to my build. I end up sacrificing life nodes for frenzy charges. I also end up sacrificing life and res from the boot on top of that. What is keeping me alive, is that I need to hit all the time, and have up all my frenzy charges (7) and endurance charges (5) all the time.

I'll just quote this to wholeheartedly agree, I'm really proud of my facebreaker build as I had to build around having 4 slots basically reserved (gloves, meringold belt, daresso courage, bringer of rain) and had to make up for the lack of resist and life though carefull allocation of passives and good gear setup.

I have 2% life leech from passives and 1% mana leech from a ring, which is just enough to keep me rolling. Rings and amulets were expensive, but I got to 66% block chance, 80% all resist, 10k armor unbuffed, 27k buffed. Dps tooltip of cylone is 6,5k, so in total 13k dps. I would use multistrike if it wasn't such a mess...hey Chris, how about instead of nerfing facebreakers, you fix clyone+multistike?

Even with all that, the build is still far behind in terms of clear speed and survivability compared to other builds (low life shavronnes, discharger...)
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jul 21, 2013, 5:06:19 PM
Maybe they're planning on adding in a unarmed/claw only gem and with facebreakers as they are right now would make it by far the most OP item in the game and would become more expensive than shavrones. Or, there's possible a no color aura gem that adds phys damage that will be coming and with facebreaker giving 10x the damage... yeah...
"
Okugi wrote:
Maybe they're planning on adding in a unarmed/claw only gem and with facebreakers as they are right now would make it by far the most OP item in the game and would become more expensive than shavrones. Or, there's possible a no color aura gem that adds phys damage that will be coming and with facebreaker giving 10x the damage... yeah...

Just wanted to quote this. ;)

If GGG does somehow want to change Facebreaker, I would hope it is for balance, and not just weaken it. When GGG balanced out IR, some peeps though nerf, I had to find something to make up for the loss of armor and estimated physical damage reduction. After checking through my stash, I remembered that Enduring Cry would bring up endurance charges when I am near the vicinity of my enemies. I decided to integrate Enduring cry to my build, and allocated some points toward endurance charges, so I can get more estimated physical dmg reduction back and even life regen.

I did lose armor, but I got back physical dmg reduction thanks to Enduring Cry.

Hopefully, the balance with Facebreaker is nothing too drastic that the idea of "balance" is camouflaging the nerf of Facebreaker builds.

Though honestly, I think Facebreaker is fine as it is with the drawbacks it has.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 21, 2013, 6:01:31 PM
People seem to forget that Unarmed has no crit damage lol

and also:
GGG killed my fucking build last patch and i got no respec... RIP Facebreaker Range totem
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I'll be pretty disappointed with GGG if Facebreaker builds are gutted. My current character is attempting to follow Nastakanoth's melee build, and it's slow going for me, only 33 now. But it's my favorite char. to date, after a bunch of summoners bit the dust (along with their mummies =) in Onslaught, and I'd be extremely sad to have the build nerfed before I even get a taste of the good life and the eternal laboratory. :}

Please consider buffing other melee builds, instead of nerfing the one showing a glimmer of viability!
"
tekkex wrote:
At least they're not nerfing cyclone... phew..

Cyclone is intended to be OP as shit.
"
Catbriar wrote:
After a bunch of summoners bit the dust (along with their mummies =)

lol :-)
Last edited by Exalton on Jul 21, 2013, 10:59:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info