Facebreaker Nerf

I didn't hear about this until now. Too bad. I'm having more fun with my facebreaker character than I did with my cleaver and RoA ranger. At level 80 now and hoping it's not nerfed too much. I have 17k DPS with melee splash and 24k dps single target (added fire replacing melee splash) but since I have to get so close to do any damage it's not completely faceroll. The risk and required presence of mind are probably what makes it the most fun.
"
Nastakanoth wrote:

Facebreaker/BoR is not the optimal weapon or gear to use - however in order to beat it you need a really good weapon - like Soul Taker and 6L armor with 2000 armor and a helm with 1000 armor. :-) You could then trade the Blood magic gem and the Life leech gem for more DPS. Nerfing Facebreaker but not the other OP items is a huge fail IMO.

If you are going to aim for using 1H wep (you can get a really good one at half the price of soul taker), and if you are going for 6L, you might as well go BoR. Of course, you will end up losing res because you cannot wear chest armor, but you can make up for it with a glove and a shield having life and res. Facebreaker with BoR, you already have two gear slots gone, and the glove slot for FB itself. That is already three slots gone with the potential of having more life/res and even attack speed.

You have to start being creative with how you can make up those deficiency. You can easily get phy dmg affix in rings and amulets, but can you get life and res as well without any difficulty under a tight budget of less than 1 exalted.

Also, you would have to brainstorm more on what to do with the passive tree. Will you sacrifice armor nodes to get more res. You can straight up go life nodes, but eh, what is the fun in that.

Pretty much, going FB and BoR means you need to get Meginord's Girdle, and again you will lose out a bit in HP and res.

If you do not build around FB and BoR correctly, you will end up shooting yourself in the foot.

I made my FB + BoR interesting by adding Blood Dance to my build. I end up sacrificing life nodes for frenzy charges. I also end up sacrificing life and res from the boot on top of that. What is keeping me alive, is that I need to hit all the time, and have up all my frenzy charges (7) and endurance charges (5) all the time.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 21, 2013, 4:18:57 PM
Seems more like a reaction to facebreakers surge of popularity. Not really fair to nerf a old niche item because you later added unbalanced items that support it.
I am driven more and more towards the conclusion that GGG has no idea how to balance their game.
"
AllGodsDie wrote:
Seems more like a reaction to facebreakers surge of popularity. Not really fair to nerf a old niche item because you later added unbalanced items that support it.

FB got buffed to insane levels due to a mini patch 3 or so weeks ago.

You can go 20-30k dps with it easily in full def build while before you did maybe 6-7k and you sucked ass using elemental damage or whatever niche items.
Facebreaker does not need a nerf.

It is a very niche item which requires a (more or less) specific group of items to be effective (which others above have already detailed). Two of the best ways to build a Facebreaker character right now both involve significant drawbacks - either you lose the chest slot with Bringer of Rain, or you need even more damage mitigation if you go the Abyssus route. It is also, as with all other melee builds, more risky simply due to enemy proximity.

And last but not least, if I may raise the point again: It is unarmed, which means you (at this point) can't apply any bling to your weapon of choice. Definitely uncool.

While definitely good in its own regard, it isn't nearly as strong or as safe as many other builds. I don't know why it's suddenly seeing a massive surge in popularity, really - when I first started my Facebreaker build I couldn't remember seeing anyone use it in-game, but last night alone in my party of six, there were three Facebreakers.

Anyway, TL;DR - As far as builds go, Facebreakers are really one of the last builds needing a nerf. It's good, it's fine where it is, it does not require any buffs either. Leave it be.
"
AllGodsDie wrote:

i think you should watch nastakanoth twich video in which he kills temple piety in one cyclone attack

@ nastakanoth thats the fucking point of a beta to test things and to balance them and yes i share your opinion with the new axe and shavronnes
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 21, 2013, 4:31:03 PM
"
ventiman wrote:

i think you should watch nastakanoth twich video in which he kills temple piety in one cyclone attack
Did you watch the video? Piety had 5% health...
Last edited by enigma1406 on Jul 21, 2013, 4:36:37 PM
ahh fuck my bad got trolled by her energy shield

nevertheless impressive 8 items setup

what should get nerfed is that shit alpha howl really 3 40% and 1 30% aura on a mara bug exploiting has to end
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 21, 2013, 4:44:11 PM
At least they're not nerfing cyclone... phew..
Ign:
@DeltaStan - usually offline.
Last edited by tekkex on Jul 21, 2013, 4:42:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info