Facebreaker Nerf

"
Odoakar wrote:
Shit, my facebreakers is my main character, and is fully decked around the facebreakers. If they change the gloves, they can give me back my few exalts back that I had to spend on resist/phy/life/mana steal rings and resist/phylife ammy.

Facebreaker is ok, it's not easy to get max resist and to get enough life, since you are missing life on few slots (gloves, shield). I have 3k life with my lvl 77 duelist.

Sure, if they can give me back my 30+ exalted from killing my ele cleaver.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Thank god I stopped playing my 15-20k dps soul taker faceroll afk / type during maps with 2400 hp on hardcore in a group build.
Facebreakers is the thing that keeps me playing all this few months. I am proud of him, getting to level 80 and got all desired gear - FB, BoR, Meginord, Darkrays/Blood dance, daresso/guardian prism.

nice dps, but lower defense imo, esp HP. gear are more or less restricted to select few uniques.

guess its time to try sth else. maybe a 'ranger' for change...or maybe melee ranger :)
The problem with FB is that it's a completely gear driven build, so the DPS doesn't scale with character level beyond determining how many sockets you can have or which level of phys damage prefix (suffix?) you can have.

On a skills driven character, your DPS scales up smoothly with increasing character level as you take passive skills one by one. At level 13, you do maybe 150 dps. At lvl 16, maybe 300. At lvl 20, maybe 600. etc etc.

With FB, I can use them at lvl 13 with 1-4 phys damage gear and a 3 link. I immediately start at ~1k dps. But, I stay at this level until I get to the next tier of links and phys damage mods on gear, then my dps jumps again.

This happens one or two more times, until you are end game where FB dps is on the low-end of end game builds.

The best way to nerf FB is to give it a lvl 31 (or higher) req, imho.
All I have to say is if they are going to start globally nerfing uniques then they need to do this on far more uniques than just Face Breaker. I don't care if Face Breaker is a little unbalanced or not, its very niche and a close range melee attack. I don't see how thats comparable to the insane crap that people are doing with Shavronnes RF builds, Kaoms Heart, Soul Taker, Lion Eyes Glare etc etc
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 22, 2013, 2:30:53 AM
Aww geez, a server wide nerf? Why?
I thought the previous idea was to have legacy items?
I was hoping it would be managed like the Silverbranches:

->

I lobby to leave the current ingame Facebreakers untouched and nerf future Facebreaker drops, as per the precedent set by the Silverbranch.

But it looks like GGG may have changed their minds, given other OP uniques like Kaom's Heart, Soul Taker and Shavronnes that the community thinks should be nerfed, including current and future drops. So I would also expect serverside nerfs for them soon, once GGG has the aforementioned tech in place to do so.

Just an aside, remember Silverbranch? The QQs for the Silverbranch nerf were quite loud when GGG said current Silverbranches will be untouched, and future Silverbranch drops will be +1 only. 'NERF ALL THE SILVERBRANCHES!!!' QQed them algoQQwhinebots. GGG didn't listen then, but they've taken the QQs to heart and now are implementing the feedback. And now the community are pleading with GGG not to nerf Facebreaker? Ah, the irony of listening to the community.

Read the QQ thread I linked up in the paragraph above, or refer to the 10.5 56-page patch notes announcing the nerf, and the community reaction/consensus that there should be a serverwide mechanism to nerf all current items as well. = http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/314020/page/1

So if those other current OP uniques aren't nerfed serverwide, and not just future drops /divined rolls, the community would be in uproar. Nerf them all bitchez! Although my wish of collecting legacy items have gone up in smoke due to this policy, I feel that this will benefit the health and balance of the game in the long run.

Yeah I get it also, this is SPARTA!beta!

I don't mind though, won't effect me, I don't have a Facebreaker build. :P
Better get one up and running so I can experience a FB build prenerf!

POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
Nastakanoth wrote:
Yes let's nerf a melee item and leave Shavronne's, Kaoms, Lioneye's Glare as they are. Makes alot of sense!

They probably looked at my stream. :-) Should have kept it to myself I guess!

This

GGG did not care at all about facebreaker in past, many people asking for microtransation on gloves, many people asking for armor or life on the gloves... GGG did not care.

Even more, they nerfed it allready in past when Kaoms and shavronne never got nerfed despite the +100 thread calling those too OP.

Now few streamers decided to play facebreakers and GGG decided to nerf it... lol.

I seen people have +300 000 dps with shavronne but its ok, i see people getting 30k dps with facebreaker and suddently they nerf it.

That s the reason why i stopped playing this game.

If they really think facebreaker is too OP, then instead of level 16, make it a level 50 item and created a lower version for level 5-10
Because at level 50 i allready see many other build doing more damages than facebreakers.

Another thing: facebreaker items goes from 800 to 1000% DO you know how hard it is to have perfect roll facebreaker on such wide range? That s 200 point between the lowers roll and the higher.

1 Chance on 200 to get a good facebreaker (and you still need to get facebreaker to drop in the first place).

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 22, 2013, 6:18:06 AM
Well with all flat physical dmg items out there facebreaker is way too good.
When I tested it, I had the same dps as with my 450dps 2h weapon, and you can use a shield with FB...
IGN: _Isley_
"
lolozori wrote:
"
Nastakanoth wrote:
Yes let's nerf a melee item and leave Shavronne's, Kaoms, Lioneye's Glare as they are. Makes alot of sense!

They probably looked at my stream. :-) Should have kept it to myself I guess!

This

GGG did not care at all about facebreaker in past, many people asking for microtransation on gloves, many people asking for armor or life on the gloves... GGG did not care.

Even more, they nerfed it allready in past when Kaoms and shavronne never got nerfed despite the +100 thread calling those too OP.

Now few streamers decided to play facebreakers and GGG decided to nerf it... lol.

I seen people have +300 000 dps with shavronne but its ok, i see people getting 30k dps with facebreaker and suddently they nerf it.

That s the reason why i stopped playing this game.

If they really think facebreaker is too OP, then instead of level 16, make it a level 50 item and created a lower version for level 5-10
Because at level 50 i allready see many other build doing more damages than facebreaker.

there is a huge drop difference between facebreakers and those uniques listed.. if you could get Kaoms heart at lvl 16 and it was a common unique it would be a fair comparison. make it as rare as those uniques, and i bet GGG wouldnt have a problem with it. Facebreakers is a build enabling unique which is very common, so for it to balanced it needs to be put in line with other build enabling uniques = the other crappy niche uniques

although my personal opinion is that Facebreakers are fine as they are
ign HC: Arnold_Schwarzeneger
ign Nemesis: Svamp_i_fugen
"
Shura wrote:
Well with all flat physical dmg items out there facebreaker is way too good.
When I tested it, I had the same dps as with my 450dps 2h weapon, and you can use a shield with FB...

But you cannot use a weapon slot with FB, and FB is using the glove slot where you can get att speed, life, and res. Either way, I already discussed the drawbacks in the previous pages.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 22, 2013, 6:37:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info