Facebreaker Nerf

7 pages about a nerf people don't know when (or if) it will happen and how severe it will be.

Time well spend.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
7 pages about a nerf people don't know when (or if) it will happen and how severe it will be.

Time well spend.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

The vocal nature of our community simply shows the passion we have for the game and for our favorite builds.

If they nerf facebreakers they should be prepared to at least allow donator weapon enchants to be applied to the gloves.

Or perhaps instead of unarmed damage a new weapon type is introduced "brass knuckles" (only works with FB) [1 hand only canot dual wield] they spawn with no physical damage or physical damage modifiers, only elemental dmg, some % crit, attack speed, light radius etc, and/or perhaps maybe couple other mods. This item would make it so FB builds can at least crit and it can make it so FB users can use their supporter (or regular) weapon enchants.
Last edited by piperazinedream on Jul 25, 2013, 8:55:37 AM
"
If they nerf facebreakers they should be prepared to at least allow donator weapon enchants to be applied to the gloves.

Or perhaps instead of unarmed damage a new weapon type is introduced "brass knuckles" (only works with FB) [1 hand only canot dual wield] they spawn with no physical damage or physical damage modifiers, only elemental dmg, some % crit, attack speed, light radius etc, and/or perhaps maybe couple other mods. This item would make it so FB builds can at least crit and it can make it so FB users can use their supporter (or regular) weapon enchants.

WHY U STEALING MY IDEAS AND REPOST THEM D:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12056/page/662

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/467593
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jul 25, 2013, 9:13:46 AM
If they nerf facebreaker before discharge I will just laugh at GGG and play a different game. Not a single melee build deserves to be nerfed. It's already bullshit enough playing melee as it is.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
Facebreaker is not an overpowered item at all, because it does come with alot of drawbacks. In able to use Facebreaker efficiently, you need alot of other unique items and good items, you need to sacrifice skill slots and alot of other things to be able to use them. So, you will need alot of resistance nodes, great gear with resistances etc, the added physical from belt and jewellery makes upgrades very hard and it does take up a mod that could be defensive instead.

Facebreaker is a cheap alternative for any melee character that doesn't have a very good weapon if using 1 hand. However, there are in fact several items that will be able to beat it - or any Facebreaker build actually. So a nerf to Facebreaker builds, Life builds, Melee builds - is that really what we want to do? What would that achieve exactly? Soul taker or other high end weapon builds are so much better, using Aegis Aurora for example one can be truly immortal.

At the same time you refuse to nerf Kaoms, Lioneyes, Shavronnes which enables some overpowered builds - but now suddenly Facebreaker is more important to nerf - so we're going to do a direct nerf on the item? Employing some new tech guys, bringing down all the servers? Kaoms is so good, that you had to create a league to remove it, and I make one tanky melee build to make for this new League, which is Life based... And of course you want to nerf it.

In my opinion the only acceptable nerf to Facebreaker would be increasing the level requirement or scale down the damage at lower levels. But then you should also bring down the servers and rebalance ALL other "OP" items.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"

WHY U STEALING MY IDEAS AND REPOST THEM D:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12056/page/662

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/467593

Good minds think alike?
"
Nastakanoth wrote:
Facebreaker is not an overpowered item at all, because it does come with alot of drawbacks. In able to use Facebreaker efficiently, you need alot of other unique items and good items, you need to sacrifice skill slots and alot of other things to be able to use them. So, you will need alot of resistance nodes, great gear with resistances etc, the added physical from belt and jewellery makes upgrades very hard and it does take up a mod that could be defensive instead.

Facebreaker is a cheap alternative for any melee character that doesn't have a very good weapon if using 1 hand. However, there are in fact several items that will be able to beat it - or any Facebreaker build actually. So a nerf to Facebreaker builds, Life builds, Melee builds - is that really what we want to do? What would that achieve exactly? Soul taker or other high end weapon builds are so much better, using Aegis Aurora for example one can be truly immortal.

At the same time you refuse to nerf Kaoms, Lioneyes, Shavronnes which enables some overpowered builds - but now suddenly Facebreaker is more important to nerf - so we're going to do a direct nerf on the item? Employing some new tech guys, bringing down all the servers? Kaoms is so good, that you had to create a league to remove it, and I make one tanky melee build to make for this new League, which is Life based... And of course you want to nerf it.

In my opinion the only acceptable nerf to Facebreaker would be increasing the level requirement or scale down the damage at lower levels. But then you should also bring down the servers and rebalance ALL other "OP" items.

Exactly this.

Wheres the Shavronnes nerf?
Wheres the Kaoms nerf?
Wheres the soul reaper nerf?
Wheres the searing touch nerf?
Wheres the Lionseye nerf?

Melee doesnt need to me nerfed in any way shape or form.
Dem crickets.

Say something GGG.
Facebreakers are ridiculously OP in 28 pvp. They should at least be nerfed at low levels, not necessarily at high.

An example with my level 28 dude.

1100 hp
850 armour
75% ele res
750 dps cyclone (all phys)
1950 dps frenzy (all phys)

With infernal blow apparently some guys are getting around 6k dps at level 28, while remaining tanky.
IGN: _Firebitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info