Stop Buying Support Packs to Speed Release

Come on keep this clean. Everybody can have their opinion even if we don't agree with it. Personally I agree with GGG waiting until they have a stable game. The OP doesn't agree and that is fine. Sometimes things are about more than money. I think that GGG knows that they can make more money doing this but it doesn't fit with their goals.
"
ZsaszIX wrote:
"
Kilgar1234 wrote:
ZsaszIX I really hate you from the deepest bottom of my heart and I wish you would go **** yourself. Period.

Btw, Kilgar...

I forwarded your previous private personal threat and insult about my family to PoE administration.

"Hunt me down and kill me"? Seriously?

Yeah where did he say hunt me down and kill me? Insult about family? Please tell me where... Maybe i became blind or i miss something.

Also from your post, you are saying that if they go open beta they will get more money from microtransaction rather than support packs. Instead, they rather improve the game than cash in the money. I respect GGG more now than ever.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
Halapli wrote:
"
...the economics behind the subject

oh lord...

So the purpose of the game (and beta) is completely altruistic and for the good of mankind? No financial motivation by GGG?

If so, then there wouldn't be a support option and microtransactions.

Kilgar, you can deny all you want but I already have a reply from PoE support and they are looking into your conduct. I saved, printed and forwarded the private threat.

Last edited by ZsaszIX on Aug 20, 2012, 1:12:55 PM
Folks, the OP has the right to express whatever opinions/perceptions he wishes, however flawed they may be.

What is expected is for forum members to remain respectful enough not to make personal attacks, or to urge others to perform physically impossible acts of a rather offensive and personal nature upon themselves (let alone make threats of violence).

Keep it civil, everyone, or this thread will be locked. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I don't think anybody could say that to at least break even isn't a goal. They started the company to do something they love. Most people would love a chance to do what they love for a job. I am sure that they have tons of bills to pay. Rent, Electric, water, salaries, etc. They have to balance all of their goals and do what they think is best for them.
"
klake wrote:
Come on keep this clean. Everybody can have their opinion even if we don't agree with it. Personally I agree with GGG waiting until they have a stable game. The OP doesn't agree and that is fine. Sometimes things are about more than money. I think that GGG knows that they can make more money doing this but it doesn't fit with their goals.

What started this "somewhat heated debate' is because he spammed this already somewhere in beta status subforum. He can have his opinion for all its worth, but once you try to make it a fact, then things start to get messy really quickly.

Though, this thread already sparked my interest in discussing the welfare of the game and the company.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 20, 2012, 1:15:09 PM
OP got a point but I don't mind waiting for the game to be polished to perfection. I'm a Valve fan so I'm used to stuff like this.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Folks, the OP has the right to express whatever opinions/perceptions he wishes, however flawed they may be.

What is expected is for forum members to remain respectful enough not to make personal attacks, or to urge others to perform physically impossible acts of a rather offensive and personal nature upon themselves (let alone make threats of violence).

Keep it civil, everyone, or this thread will be locked. ='[.]'=

Flawed? Please refute my statements and the associated economics.

Otherwise, you do GGG a marketing dis-service with your opinion.

The OP is probably correct in that they could make more money if they were open and had a full cash store. There is no way to be sure because I wouldn't know where to begin to mathematically try to prove it. There is no point to the discussion since GGG will do what they want and it is their game. If money was that big of an issue they wouldn't have the free beta invite that costs them almost $3,000 per day in free accounts.
Oh man, what a great debate!!!!I must say i entirely agree with ZsaszIX. This is great community and no need to insults for different opinions
And message for GGG: great job guys but it is really time for OPEN beta GO GO GO!!!Some of us is really old and may not live enough to see game release:-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info